What are u listening to right now?

14 hours ago, peebag said:

my personal favorite

Aww great one! I think I'd be wishing for too much, but it would be great if they'd reunite. I read that Paul and Bruce reconciled and played some gigs together and Foxton appeared on "Wake Up the Nation".  It'd be f**king amazing if Rick Buckler could be brought back in the fold.

On 5/21/2023 at 4:22 PM, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Aww great one! I think I'd be wishing for too much, but it would be great if they'd reunite. I read that Paul and Bruce reconciled and played some gigs together and Foxton appeared on "Wake Up the Nation".  It'd be f**king amazing if Rick Buckler could be brought back in the fold.

British buddy of mine got me into The Jam. Great stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Isnt it one of the truly most amazing things when you hear a song for the first time and instantly know it is one of the best songs you have ever heard?

Heard this one a couple weeks ago, they took the beat from "Family Affair" by Sly Stone. So so good.

• Upvote 2

On 6/3/2023 at 2:15 PM, bicketybam said:

Nanook is the man.639690a27286c4fd72d8f5066817d49d.jpg

Love the song Apostrophe.  I don't think I've listened to the entire album yet though.  Not sure why - lol.  

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.” 

-Frank Zappa

• Sympathy 1

On 6/11/2023 at 9:50 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

@JiF Need your opinion on these 2 songs.  This band reminds me of The Smiths, but I think they ended before The Smiths even started.  

Interesting.  Never heard of these guys.  It would probably take a few listens to have a true opinion. 

First quick listen, the Rip it Up song is annoying, heavy Synth Pop.  Not really what I dig and basically exactly what the Smiths were avoiding as a band. 

The second one I like and I  can see your Smith's comparison, though at first listen, it's a little more funky then what the Smith's brought to the table.  I'd say more closer to Simple Minds?  Feel like the beauty of the Smith's is they were pretty raw, even though Morrisey's voice and lyrics gave it the airy pop feel to it, these guys seem a little more rhythmic and leaning more into the 80's pop synth scene then just a guitar, drum and base band like the Smiths.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 7:49 AM, JiF said:

Interesting.  Never heard of these guys.  It would probably take a few listens to have a true opinion. 

Wondering if you listened to them any more

First quick listen, the Rip it Up song is annoying, heavy Synth Pop.  Not really what I dig and basically exactly what the Smiths were avoiding as a band. 

Sacrilege!  Almost had to put you on ignore!  :)

The second one I like and I  can see your Smith's comparison, though at first listen, it's a little more funky then what the Smith's brought to the table.  I'd say more closer to Simple Minds?  Feel like the beauty of the Smith's is they were pretty raw, even though Morrisey's voice and lyrics gave it the airy pop feel to it, these guys seem a little more rhythmic and leaning more into the 80's pop synth scene then just a guitar, drum and base band like the Smiths.

I should've said something like "loosely along the lines of The Smiths".