JetNation "Rep" - A "How to" for all users

ECURB

Bill Parcells and anyone else who knows about the system feel free to chime in.

----------------

When you want to give someone "REP" (reputation) it can be good or bad. Do this by clicking the "Rep" button as shown below.

rephowto1.gif

A box will show up, you can select approve or disapprove of the post, and comment. The user will be able to see the comment you leave in their user control panel. Click "add to reputation" to send it through.

rephowto2.gif

A popup message will appear so you know it went through.

rephowto3.gif

To check how much "Rep" you have look in your User CP to see the most recent reputation comments.

rephowto4.gif

Here you can view the comments, as well as what post the comment came from. Also you can view your total points.

rephowto5.gif

Well that is pretty much the "rep" system on JetNation, use it to support people who you think are "good" posters with good posts, and obviously to show those who you dont like so much. Once it gets going the better posters should have some good rep built up and annoying posters/trolls/ and such will have a negative reputation.

::Also... here is how you can tell what other peoples repuation is while browsing the forum...

Here is an example of someone who does not have enough good or bad rep yet, the little square under his "vcash" is just grey.

rephowto6.gif

------------

Here is someone who has a lot of good rep, he has multiple green squares.

rephowto8.gif

-------------

And here is someone who has not a lot of bad rep, but more bad than good so he has a red square.

rephowto7.gif

Again if I missed anything let me know.

I better be getting a ton of good rep for this too! :) That means you Max and Mods, pony up some good rep! lol

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
..and at the end of the day, this means what exactly?

People like 128 will have a bright red row of bars under their name, warning people not to take him serious. And guys like Sperm and other people who have good "know how" will have green bars, the more you have the better repuatation you have for being a good poster.

rephowto8.gif

I think somebody cheated the rep system.:lol:

You forgot about disabling it..Max,you should give everybody an option to disable it if they don't like it..

No becuase then people with "bad" rep will just disable it... thats not fair! lol

I think I have about 5 rep points.. I doubt it's because I'm "unpopular" or a "bad poster".

I think reps are for the 'myspace' genre. Am I wrong?

Dontcha wish you had rep like me.

Hey I just rep'ed you. I was thinking about rep'ing you twice in a row. Just promise you won't tell my wife.

I think I have about 5 rep points.. I doubt it's because I'm "unpopular" or a "bad poster".

I think reps are for the 'myspace' genre. Am I wrong?

I think I gave you some rep once , yours is pretty good you have at least 200 points...

THe system needs time to week out the Boom Booms of the world and for the Verdes to rise to the top... give it time! lol

People like 128 will have a bright red row of bars under their name, warning people not to take him serious. And guys like Sperm and other people who have good "know how" will have green bars, the more you have the better repuatation you have for being a good poster.

Apparently you found the flaw in the system.

Archived