JetNation "Rep" - A "How to" for all users

ECURB

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may come as a big shock to you but not everybody here appreciates all your enthusiasm

That comes as a shock to me.

At the end of the day those same people who couldn't care less about the rep thing should also feel the same way about Ecurbs post count & enthusiasm.

Bro what dont you understand about enough of the nonsense? DO you have Smizzy on ignore too?? You just dont give a **** what he thinks or about staying on topic right? You just want to spew your garbage about me...

Does it hurt you to know that enough people like me to have shot up my Repution with points over the last 4 months or so? Becuase as much as you like to hate me, the majority of people here dont agree with you, hence the reason why I dont have a little red bar under my name like Boom Boom.

Deal with you weird and un-needed hate for me, becuase you are the minority.

If Smizzy wants to toss me he can have at it. Your unhealthy need for recognition makes this a much less pleasant place than it used to be. If it wasn't in the multi hundred post per day mode it would be easier to handle but thats not the case. I don't have to spend any time authenticating my feelings or proving that people like me or what I have to say. They do or they don't and either way is fine by me. I don't subject people to weeding through my self-promotion. If not a single other person here feels that way - I'm good with that.

If Smizzy wants to toss me he can have at it. Your unhealthy need for recognition makes this a much less pleasant place than it used to be. If it wasn't in the multi hundred post per day mode it would be easier to handle but thats not the case. I don't have to spend any time authenticating my feelings or proving that people like me or what I have to say. They do or they don't and either way is fine by me. I don't subject people to weeding through my self-promotion. If not a single other person here feels that way - I'm good with that.

If you think this thread was for attention, your sadly mistaken and a complete moron for ingnoring the point I made to you above that this was a nice thing I did for Max and had planned on doing for months.

I do not "self promote" myself, and if I even come close it is in the lounge not the NFL section and the lounge is for whatever we want it to be.

Also you will note I have started and helped in MANY football threads, serious ones. They have gone for multiple pages and been great threads for the Nation.

Im sorry you feel this way, obviously you have something against me and I dont know why but to each his own.

Also forgot to mention to you NJ, when you were making fun of me for mentioning the sticky idea... Max said he plans on linking this thread to the FAQ of the site, thanks though for flooding it with your BS for people to read and wonder what crawled up your ass that night for years to come!

Now now NJ...I like you(whatever that's worth:p )

You're like the grumpy old grandfather of JN..I couldn't imagine this place without you.

You go right ahead and tell ecurb exactly how you feel..that's what makes this place great!

Wow -- any thread that gets 20 deleted posts in it certainly deserves to be recognized.

Here is the deal. If you don't like this feature that is okay. Simply:

1. Go into your USER CP

2. Select Edit Options

3. Uncheck this box:

Show My Reputation LevelYour current reputation level is displayed to other users whenever you post a message. If you would like to hide your reputation, disable this option.

You currently have 239 reputation points. Show My Reputation Level

That's it. Then you don't have to deal with rep. People want to talk about what this site was built on and that is all well and good. But you know what was first on that list?

Tolerance.

Blasting people for wanting to setup a message board feature, cmon. Who cares? When that becomes my biggest problem in life I pray that the Good Lord takes me. Because I would have obviously mastered everything else on this earth.

This is in the Lounge. If it was cluttering the football forum I would understand. I really don't see the need to fight over a trivial issue such as this. It is embarassing actually.

This is in the Lounge. If it was cluttering the football forum I would understand. I really don't see the need to fight over a trivial issue such as this. It is embarassing actually.

i am coming to believe thaat being crowned the "lounge kitten" isnt the prize i thought it was... :lol:

nah...i am kiddddding.....

meow!!!

i love clutter!!! neat freaks are boring!!! :mrgreen:

oh and by the way...nj is a thoughtful and sweet guy!!

ok now someone clutter me...give me some rep!!! :P

Dont worry Max, I like being blasted... lol

These couple of guys that have been bent on bothering me just have a man crush on me... :)

Not to mention for such a lame feature (accoring to a select few) it seems to be quite the rage around JN the past 24 hours!

:sign0098: Max, Rep has arrived and it makes JN even better.

I found a quick way to see your rep score, just click on your green/gray/red box! I couldn't find it in the User CP (still trying) so I just clicked that and I have 10 points. If you also leave your mouse over that it will say something like "war ensemble off to a good start". All rep me now for this breaking news.

P.S. Also, if you leave your mouse over someone else's boxes it'll show up what they're rank is, like ecurb is a hall of fame candidate. Now everyone go rep and help me out finding who repped me in my User CP.

Dear Jet Nation Posters,

I have been advised by my legal team that it would be in my best interest

to disable my "reputation points".

Hopefully, this has taken effect immediately, lest I blind or intimidate you

with what would surely be a preposterous amount of green "bars".

I know that this may be upsetting to some of you, especially those who were

hoarding up on their reputation points, simply waiting for me to log on so

that they could bombard me with green squared love.

To those, I am truly sorry.

I would like to suggest that you simply send the points that you wished to

send me to joe willy.

In the event that joe willy has also disabled his "green bar love", then please

spread them out to who you feel more deservedly needs them.

Sincerely,

Lady Jet

I understand rep and all of the explanation that goes with it.

But what are the little Green Bars that are under everyone's panel? And why are some red. Can someone go into detailed explanation what those are?

And why is Max almost as smart as Max?

The more positive "rep" you get the more little green bars you have, the more negative rep you have the more little red bars you get...

The little things that come up when you mouse over the bars are just descriptions of the "level" of rep you reach that Max made up, thats why the best one says "almost as smart as Max"

The more positive "rep" you get the more little green bars you have, the more negative rep you have the more little red bars you get...

The little things that come up when you mouse over the bars are just descriptions of the "level" of rep you reach that Max made up, thats why the best one says "almost as smart as Max"

What does it mean though?

And what is VBookie?

Archived