F Philip Hughes!!!

Jet/BosoxFan

I cant wait until this "cant miss" prospect sucks up a storm this year when he gets called up too soon and gets roundly booed because of the ridiculously high expectations that Yankee universe has already put on him. He will be on a shorter leash than that punk Steroidboy Giambi*** with the HIDEOUSLY fickle NYY fanbase.

They'll be saying: "We coulda traded Hughes for (insert name of overrated, aging HOF'er who would happily underproduce in pinstripes, laughing all the way to the bank)!!!"

I cant wait to watch this kid throw up in a bucket while warming up in the Yankee bullpen!

Javier Vazquez anyone?

I do believe Hughes needs some more time in the minors. But what if the Yankees starting rotation starts to stink up the place? All the reports say Hughes throws 100 mph fastballs with an effortless, compact motion. I think he'll do fine.

I do believe Hughes needs some more time in the minors. But what if the Yankees starting rotation starts to stink up the place? All the reports say Hughes throws 100 mph fastballs with an effortless, compact motion. I think he'll do fine.
He doesn't throw 100 but he doesn't need to. He's as cant miss a prospect as there is.

A Red Sox fan calling Yankees fans "fickle." Do I even need to point out the irony in that statement?

I guess JBF is having trouble digesting that the Yankees now have some of the best minor league systems in baseball and that our future is looking very bright.

What will likely happen is that Hughes will start the season at Triple A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, having dominated at Double A Trenton last season, going 10-3 with a 2.25 ERA and striking out 138 batters in 116 innings, while walking only 32. He also showed an improved command of his curve and an ability to mix in a changeup with his moving, 97-mph fastball, making Hughes, says a scout, one of the two best prospects in baseball (along with Reds wunderkind Homer Bailey). To keep him off the Opening Day roster, some say, is a waste. "If you're going to take a guy in the first round and he performs the way he has, why have him ride buses in the minors when he can help the major league club?" one AL executive says.

Ok, upper 90s. My bad. :)

You know what's funny? Dice-K, who's actually pitched against real major leaguers, is going to fail, but Hughes, who's dominated teenagers, is going to the Hall of Fame.

Truth is, they're both probably going to be very good pitchers, and I'm looking forward to some great pitching duels over the next couple of years.

You know what's funny? Dice-K, who's actually pitched against real major leaguers, is going to fail, but Hughes, who's dominated teenagers, is going to the Hall of Fame.

Truth is, they're both probably going to be very good pitchers, and I'm looking forward to some great pitching duels over the next couple of years.

If you used some more commas your point would have been even stronger.

Are you retarded?

No sir.

I figure Hughes is going to be in the Yankee rotation by June 1st, get about 22-25 starts and win 14 games.

Dice K is gonna win about 12.

Put it this way-if you're drafting for your fantasy team, who do you have more confidence in-a fireballer who's cut through A and AA-like Gooden, Kazmir, Santana, Jarod Weaver, Prior and Wood-or a Japanese import who hasn't yet faced a MLB batter(ohhh, except in that "World Baseball Classic Waste of Time")?The only variable is Joe Torre deciding to limit him and getting silly so some slug bullpen guys(which is Proctor, Bruney, Viscaino after Torre wears them out like dishrags) can fill their roles by surrending leads in the middle innings.

No sir.

I figure Hughes is going to be in the Yankee rotation by June 1st, get about 22-25 starts and win 14 games.

Dice K is gonna win about 12.

Put it this way-if you're drafting for your fantasy team, who do you have more confidence in-a fireballer who's cut through A and AA-like Gooden, Kazmir, Santana, Jarod Weaver, Prior and Wood-or a Japanese import who hasn't yet faced a MLB batter(ohhh, except in that "World Baseball Classic Waste of Time")?

First of all any bet based on wins is moronic but even more so when one of the pitchers probably will only miss AT LEAST 2-3 months of the season. Thats a pretty foolish bet.

Why?

Explain.

Wins aren't the only stat in evaluating a starter, but thye're one which correlates to success. Even in Kazmir's case, he's managed to win pretty consistently with a bad teams. Which was Tom Seaver's whole career.

And Warren Spahn's.

And Nolan Ryan's.

And Bob Feller's.

ANd if you take them off the 1960s Dodgers, Sandy Koufax(Koufax was carried like a Rule 5 guy in the mid-1950s) and Don Drysdale.

ANd they're in the Hall of Fame.

Good point. I agree, they will both be good.

What's even better though is that Hughes cost 100 million less.

Good point. I agree, they will both be good.

What's even better though is that Hughes cost 100 million less.

Much like Papelbon for the Sox. The Yanks would have spent 75 mill on Dice ...same for the Mets. Boston's bid just was smartly over the top.

Yanks and Sox both have potentially great staffs this year.

I'd say youre on...Max is going to have to help me in the "finding a host for my obscure sig" department though...he is the reason y'all have been treated to the Sheffroid*/Juicin' Jason* sig for 2 years now!!!

Very well. Winner picks the loser's sig for 2 weeks after the end of the season.

One more thing-your avatar might not be far from reality. Meet the toyger-

http://www.toygerbreed.com/

Sig bets are for pussies, grow some nuts and make a bet like Barton's with the loser not posting for the 2008 regular season.

Sharrow, when Bugg and I want your opinion, WE WILL GIVE IT TO YOU!

This place would die without me. Max brought me here because he knows my presence makes this the best baseball message board on the internet. On a football site no less!

And frankly Bugg is the only Yankee fan who is consistently good and is therefore invaluable to this place as well.

Why the hell would we make a bet where one of us loses the ability to post?

Sometimes it pays to think before you type, even when youre known to be insignificant and widely ignored by 100% of the other posters???

Sometimes it pays to think before you type, even when youre known to be insignificant and widely ignored by 100% of the other posters???

You yankee fans can learn something from this guy! Nice redirect though, nice to cover up that you don't have what it takes to make a real bet.

This place would die without me. Max brought me here because he knows my presence makes this the best baseball message board on the internet. On a football site no less!

And frankly Bugg is the only Yankee fan who is consistently good and is therefore invaluable to this place as well.

This basbeall forum wouldn't skip a beat if you never posted in it again. Get a grip monkey boy.

Quite an ironic post...

You don't need to make a bet to keep JBF away for an extended period of time. Just wait until August for the Sox to lose a crucial series to the Yankees. Then he suddenly develops a social life and is too busy to post here.

Of course you could always just put him on ignore and never have to read his posts unless someone quotes him

This basbeall forum wouldn't skip a beat if you never posted in it again. Get a grip monkey boy.

Personal attack alert!!!

Personal attack alert!!!

Personal attack alert!!!

From a Fake Mod no less! Quick, somebody call TaborJet...and if he isnt there, get a substitute JetNation gestapo moderator in jackboots. Once again, I will take the high road and NOT lower myself to fat, balding smizzy's level! Oops.

Personal attack alert!!!

Personal attack alert!!!

Personal attack alert!!!

From a Fake Mod no less! Quick, somebody call TaborJet...and if he isnt there, get a substitute JetNation gestapo moderator in jackboots. Once again, I will take the high road and NOT lower myself to fat, balding smizzy's level! Oops.

Do you resemble a moneky? covered in fur?

Archived