Does anyone else think Cano and Henn are being showcased?

JonEJet

Makes all the sense in the world, to pick up a speedy outfielder

No way is Womack going to play OF on a regular basis

I'm just praying we don't see George go nuts and make a Duncan for Griffey type trade :shock:

This team has so many bad contracts already...Giambii, Williams etc that there is no way they are picking up a high priced OF IMO.

I think Cano will be given a shot. The Yankees get power from most positions. So they can get by with Womack in LF offensively.

You guys better hope they won't get traded. Trading away more young talent for overpriced players isn't going to make your team any better. That's your PROBLEM this year. Too many overpriced, aging players who don't produce anymore.

I still expect the Yanks to be contending for the division come Sept., but with the way things look now, the WS or the ALCS might be a reach.

Nifty little hitter actually, I like what he brings to the table.

He doesn't walk though, and that's a significant problem, particularly for a young hitter.

Oh, and his defense sucks according to most reports.

Not a bad move given how nicely he was swinging it at AAA.... but not something to get too excited over either.

I do actually agree with JonE, the Skanks are hoping that Cano has a solid or hot start, and that they can then spin him and something for.... something.

Nifty little hitter actually, I like what he brings to the table.

He doesn't walk though, and that's a significant problem, particularly for a young hitter.

Oh, and his defense sucks according to most reports.

Not a bad move given how nicely he was swinging it at AAA.... but not something to get too excited over either.

I do actually agree with JonE, the Skanks are hoping that Cano has a solid or hot start, and that they can then spin him and something for.... something.

**cough**BARRYZITO**cough** :lol:

I sure as hell hope not.

If we end up trading Phillips, Henn, Wang or Cano, it would be a very STUPID move by George and Cashman. These are the type of guys we need to see the Yankees build this franchise around if eventually we want to see them get back to their 1996-2001 form of players from the system and lower profile / good clubhouse type players. We need all 4 to stay and to stay for a long time.

the $kankees can showcase anybody they so desire...who exactly do you Yankee Homers think is going to be available by the trading deadline? A bunch of over-the-hill potential OFs/DHs? The Yankees have more of those than you can shake a $210 million stick at!

They need starting pitching depth, relief pitching from top-to-bottom, and young, exuberant players at nearly all positions!

Reality check:

-Clemens isnt on the block for several reasons

-Youre not gonna get Barry Zito for Robinson Cano, even if he hits like Joe D for 3 months

-Everyone that is not dead and buried is gonna be hesitant to part with ANY halfway decent player...there is not much the Yanks can do except live with what they have! This is gonna be the most boring trading deadline we've seen in years. Parity really does suck

I'd like to get decent outfielder with speed, and decent pop

A Michael Turcker type player.....a Rondell White

Please tell me you didn't use speed and Rondell White in the same thought... that's just narrow minded and stupid. White isn't fast, and he's got bad wheels to boot. Trust me, you don't want him. He's great in the 'house, but not so much in the field anymore.

The power of JonE compells me!!!

He harmlessly asks if Cano & Henn are being showcased, indicating that he thinks these 2 wastes of DNA will be packaged to bring in some miracle man starting pitcher like Clemens or Zito!

And no sooner does Cano boot the ball around the infield, which opens the floodgstes for another Yankee tankjob in T-Bay. And Henn brings a new level of sucking to the sucky new Yankee product, already experts in sucking!

Archived