Is Michael Turner worth a First Round Pick to you?

BuckinKaeding

I want Turner here. I really do. But if it costs a 1st rounder I would pass. Giving up a 1st round pick and having to pay him a free agent contract is a bad combination.

Now if they can give up the Skins 2nd round pick, I am all for it. That pick was a freebie anyhow.

I know you guys are in need of a RB, and it seems unlikely one would fall to you in the draft, so would you be pleased with Michael Turner for your First Round pick?

There are some here who think Michael Turner is the next Emmit Smith. Saying that most here don't want to give up much for him.

What are your thoughts on Turner?

Why don't they ever throw the ball to him out of the backfield? Does he have stone-hands?

There are some here who think Michael Turner is the next Emmit Smith. Saying that most here don't want to give up much for him.

What are your thoughts on Turner?

Why don't they ever throw the ball to him out of the backfield? Does he have stone-hands?

I think he has great potential. He never goes down on the first hit and he is a strong bruiser back. He reminds me a lot of Deuce McAllister from the Saints.

Honestly if I was a Jets fan, I would be happy to give up the 24th pick (at least thats what I think you have). I really enjoyed watching him this year.

As far as catching the ball out of the backfield, I just think that there was no necessity for that. Whenever he came in, it was to spell Tomlinson and he usually got the ball via handoff. I don't know if he has stone hands, but I would believe that since he isn't the fastest guy he wouldn't be that good catching the ball out of the backfield.

I would rather keep him, because a 24th pick doesn't do us that much, unless we were to package the 24 and 30 fo a lower pick.

Anyways, I think he'd be great for you guys and he'd be better than anyone else you could get via free agency or the draft.

I think he has great potential. He never goes down on the first hit and he is a strong bruiser back. He reminds me a lot of Deuce McAllister from the Saints.

Honestly if I was a Jets fan, I would be happy to give up the 24th pick (at least thats what I think you have). I really enjoyed watching him this year.

As far as catching the ball out of the backfield, I just think that there was no necessity for that. Whenever he came in, it was to spell Tomlinson and he usually got the ball via handoff. I don't know if he has stone hands, but I would believe that since he isn't the fastest guy he wouldn't be that good catching the ball out of the backfield.

I would rather keep him, because a 24th pick doesn't do us that much, unless we were to package the 24 and 30 fo a lower pick.

Anyways, I think he'd be great for you guys and he'd be better than anyone else you could get via free agency or the draft.

Thanks for that.

I'm not a big Turner guy (BTW: I'm a Pats fan). He has played behind the best RB in the NFL with a punishing FB and a very good O-Line his entire career.

I don't know how he would do as the featured back in the AFCE against very good run defenses.

Thanks for that.

I'm not a big Turner guy (BTW: I'm a Pats fan). He has played behind the best RB in the NFL with a punishing FB and a very good O-Line his entire career.

I don't know how he would do as the featured back in the AFCE against very good run defenses.

You bring up a good point, LT's backup has been good every year. We used to have this guy named Jesse Chatman, who is now in NFL Europe.

Michael Turner is a beast though. Playing against other teams 1st team defenses, he constantly broke tackles. I believe he averaged over 6 yards per carry last year.

And that sucks you are a Pats fan, Im usually not too fond of them, especially after the playoff game.

Actually they dont call him the "Burner" because he is slow. Ive seen a enough to know he has very respectable speed, and if a 1st is the only way to get him in a Jet uniform, I can't say that Id be upset

Actually they dont call him the "Burner" because he is slow. Ive seen a enough to know he has very respectable speed, and if a 1st is the only way to get him in a Jet uniform, I can't say that Id be upset

Well he is fast, but I'm sure that Adrian Peterson would be the faster option.

On all of Turner's breakaway runs he got caught.

Sorry about that. I have a problem with the Chargers but not their fans.

Well I don't have a problem with you because I don't know you.

But all of the people who claimed LT wanted to fight Hobbs were idiots. He was just going to talk to him to tell him to get the hell off of our Logo dancing like that...Anyways, I should just put the past behind me. I cannot wait until that Pats game in Foxboro next year. I might put up the money to go to that game.

Well I don't have a problem with you because I don't know you.

But all of the people who claimed LT wanted to fight Hobbs were idiots. He was just going to talk to him to tell him to get the hell off of our Logo dancing like that...Anyways, I should just put the past behind me. I cannot wait until that Pats game in Foxboro next year. I might put up the money to go to that game.

If you head East in the Fall you are more than welcome to hang at my tailgate.

I'm really looking forward to that game.

Cool, I can't wait for the schedule to be released because we have some good games this year.

The Pats are the only tough team we play on the road. At home we have Indy, Chicago, and Baltimore. I assume all of those will be Monday/Sunday Night games.

I hate the Chargers and their fans. The biggest group of bandwagon morons you will ever meet. If they aren't winning, they are begging people to take tickets , to avoid a blackout. Pathetic of you ask me. No one can touch the loyalty of east coast football fans.

I hate the Chargers and their fans. The biggest group of bandwagon morons you will ever meet. If they aren't winning, they are begging people to take tickets , to avoid a blackout. Pathetic of you ask me. No one can touch the loyalty of east coast football fans.

Yeah, I hear that wherever I go. I know that we do have a lot of bandwagon fans, but dont group me with them. I am as loyal as they come.

That's pretty harsh. The Chargers have some hardcore fans but not enough to sell out on a season ticket basis.

You do realize that a lot of people who live in OC/San Diego are not natives right?

That's pretty harsh. The Chargers have some hardcore fans but not enough to sell out on a season ticket basis.

You do realize that a lot of people who live in OC/San Diego are not natives right?

Yeah, we are a huge military city/tourist destination. A lot of people move here because of military or the weather.

Natives or not, the moment the team wins you can't drive 2 blocks without seeing some retarded Chargers flag hanging out of an SUV and some stick on bolts. The moment they lose they disappear. I have been living in this town for a decade , so I well aware of the fans we have here. There are enough natives that they should have a solid season ticket fan base. If I hear the " weather " excuse I will puke. When you are a hardcore football fan, there is NOTHING better to do on sunday, than watch your team play. It's just a bad sports town plain and simple.

Natives or not, the moment the team wins you can't drive 2 blocks without seeing some retarded Chargers flag hanging out of an SUV and some stick on bolts. The moment they lose they disappear. I have been living in this town for a decade , so I well aware of the fans we have here. There are enough natives that they should have a solid season ticket fan base. If I hear the " weather " excuse I will puke. When you are a hardcore football fan, there is NOTHING better to do on sunday, than watch your team play. It's just a bad sports town plain and simple.

I am a hardcore Chargers fan. I am only 21, yet I have paid for my own Season Tickets ever since I was 16 and had my first job. Before that it was my Dad who paid for them, but we've been loyal since as long as I can remember. Just know that not all San Diego Chargers fans are Bandwagoners.

Why would you throw a multi million dollar contract at a rookie who has never played one snap in the NFL? Same logic.

Because our pick at #25 will probably only get a 5 year deal worth $10 million with a $1.5 million dollar bonus.

Turner on the other hand would likely receive a 5 year deal worth around $25-30 million with a $6-8 million dollar bonus.

There's going to be good value left on the board at #25 (Justin Blalock, Chris Houston, Justin Harrell, Anthony Spencer, etc.)

Would I pass on one of those guys to aqcuire Turner and dish out a big contract? No, no I wouldn't.

I want Turner here. I really do. But if it costs a 1st rounder I would pass. Giving up a 1st round pick and having to pay him a free agent contract is a bad combination.

Now if they can give up the Skins 2nd round pick, I am all for it. That pick was a freebie anyhow.

well said.

My answer to the thread title: no.

He's still a rb and it is proven time and time again that you can grab a fantastic back later in the draft. Turner was a 4th rounder I think (maybe 5th). He should be had for the later 2nd, similar to Lamont's situation then. Otherwise, wait the year and get him when he's a free agent (again, Lamont).

You bring up a good point, LT's backup has been good every year. We used to have this guy named Jesse Chatman, who is now in NFL Europe.

Michael Turner is a beast though. Playing against other teams 1st team defenses, he constantly broke tackles. I believe he averaged over 6 yards per carry last year.

And that sucks you are a Pats fan, Im usually not too fond of them, especially after the playoff game.

well you fit in great here. no one likes the pats here.. except the few trolls.

I don't think giving our first round pick is a bad thing for turner, it's not like we have a top 10 pick, so at 25 there won't be a RB of turner's ability there. plus we have 2 2nd round picks so it's not like were losing a whole lot. I hope we get him.

I would be against giving up my 1st rounder in this years draft because it seems to be a pretty deep group.I wouldn't give up a 1st for Turner anyway because the market has shown time and again that even big time running backs like Alexander in Seattle won't garner a 1st rounder in a trade in the past.I would offer the later 2nd rounder but nothing higher.If they think they can get a better offer elsewhere than they would have to go shopping there.I don't think they get anything higher than a lower tier 2nd rounder for him,and that's not because I don't think he is a good player,it's just that in the past that has been the case with free agent running backs.

I would love to have Turner,but not if I have to give more than market value for him.

YES and NO

Do I think that Turner skills and talent are worthy of being acquired for our 1st rd pick [25th overall] ? YES, I do think he would warrant that type of value and probably prove to be better than anyone else we could get at 25.

But would I give up our 1st rd pick [25th overall] for Michael Turner? NO, I would not.

I am basing that on principle here. Michael Turner is only the chargers backup running back, he's not all that valuable to them. Valuable? YES, but not all that valuable. Let me put it this way: Turner will no doubt leave the Chargers after the 07' season, and they would get nothing in return. But if we give them the 25th pick for him tomorrow, do you think they are gonna replace Turner with a backup running back at #25? I dont think so. It is simple, we are giving up more value then they are losing - far more value, its not even close.

Giving the Chargers our 1st rd pick is overkill. I feel we can easily attain him for our 2nd rd pick [#37] because the teams between picks 26 - 36 will not be in the market for Turner.

#26 - Eagles

#27 - Saints

#28 - Patriots

#29 - Ravens

#30 - Chargers

#31 - Bears

#32 - Colts

#33 - Raiders

#34 - Lions

#35 - Browns

#36 - Buccaneers

Until 1 of these teams between 26-36 gets in on the Turner (I doubt it), I am not giving up our 1st rd pick for him. The Chargers would be getting much more in return than they are losing, and while we MIGHT get alot in return for Turner, he's not a slam dunk either.

Archived