Defense Wins Championships

DefenseWinsChampionships

With the 3-4 D... If we sign A.Thomas we then become a top notch Defensvie unit under E.Mangini.

3 phases of Defense... D-Line, Linebackers, and the Secondary...

We already have a solid Secondary which is only going to get stronger with time. J.Miller is still the youngest player on this Jets team... Call me crazy but I feel he is going to grow into a shut-down corner is 2-3 seasons. He has 2 much speed, agility, acceleration and heart, with the right coaching he can be an impact player on D. A.Dyson is getting older but he is a solid #1 corner for now. We have Rhodes who is already a big time play-maker, and E.Coleman will work.

Vilma needs help, and A.Thomas will bring that much needed help.

Vilma, Barton, A.Thomas, V.Hobson, Miller, Rhodes, Coleman, A.Dyson, Ellis, D,Robertson, B,Thomas... Man I think we can be great

With the 3-4 D... If we sign A.Thomas we then become a top notch Defensvie unit under E.Mangini.

We already have a solid Secondary which is only going to get stronger with time. J.Miller is still the youngest player on this Jets team... Call me crazy but I feel he is going to grow into a shut-down corner is 2-3 seasons. He has 2 much speed, agility, acceleration and heart, with the right coaching he can be an impact player on D. A.Dyson is getting older but he is a solid #1 corner for now. We have Rhodes who is already a big time play-maker, and E.Coleman will work.

Vilma, Barton, A.Thomas, V.Hobson, Miller, Rhodes, Coleman, A.Dyson, Ellis, D,Robertson, B,Thomas... Man I think we can be great

If the best defense was a good offense,

Cincy or Indy or Seattle would have beaten Pittsburgh in '05

The Chiefs or Colts would have won the SuperBowl in '03 & '04.

Oakland would have beaten the Bucs in '02.

The Rams would have won it all in 2000 & 2001

Minnesota would have been champs in 1998

The best defense is a good defense.

Even if we do end up signing Adalius Thomas we are still far from a top notch defensive unit. Two reasons why: Defensive Line and the fact that some of our key players are not a good fit in the 3-4.

Under your scenario, Robertson is still our NT. I don't think Robertson is the answer at NT. I know he had good games against crappy offenses like the Raiders and Vikings but Robertson is simply not a space-eating Nose Tackle. Kimo won't start next year but I still don't know where the upgrade is going to come from. Adam Carriker could fall to us at #25 but drafting DE's high is en vogue right now in the NFL.

Vilma and Barton will still play hard but they also are not a good fit in a 3-4, especially the undersized Vilma. A 3-4 LB has to fill gaps at the line of scrimmage and that simply isn't a part of Vilma's game.

Under your scenario, Robertson is still our NT. I don't think Robertson is the answer at NT. I know he had good games against crappy offenses like the Raiders and Vikings but Robertson is simply not a space-eating Nose Tackle.

Vilma and Barton will still play hard but they also are not a good fit in a 3-4, especially the undersized Vilma.

Even if we don't get that huge NT that everyone and their mother's want, by landing a good DE, or a better than D-rob NT, the D-Line will be much more effective than last year.

I agree with the Vilma statement, but why Barton? He might be our best backer going into next year, not a whole lot of fault to his game, team leader, works very hard. IMO...

Even if we don't get that huge NT that everyone and their mother's want, by landing a good DE, or a better than D-rob NT, the D-Line will be much more effective than last year.

I agree with the Vilma statement, but why Barton? He might be our best backer going into next year, not a whole lot of fault to his game, team leader, works very hard. IMO...

There is a chance Adam Carriker may fall to us at 25 but if he's as good as everyone says he is he probably won't. If we don't draft Carriker I don't know where we are going to get this dominant Richard Seymour-eqsue 3-4 DE from. Robaire Smith is an ok space-eater DE who would be cheap to sign.

Barton has complained publicly about the 3-4 scheme and he and Vilma were at their best playing in a 4-3.

Im a huge Jets fan and its tough when people write crap like this. Just because Eric Miller is fast and is a great kick returner does not make him a solid CB. No way he will grow into a shut down corner. This is laughable. He's not even in our nickel package. Not to mention, how many shut down corners are there in the league?

KC Joyner, aka The Football Scientist, uses game film to track, tabulate and analyze nearly every measurable statistic in an NFL game. Anyway here are

Joyners thoughts on Eric Miller: I showed Miller at around the 10 YPA mark. That kind of YPA will usually get a player out of the league so you are right that he needs to pick it up and quickly.

.....Finally, forget Thomas. By the time were ready for a legit Super Bowl run he'll be 32, 33 years old. No thanks.

Im a huge Jets fan and its tough when people write crap like this. Just because Eric Miller is fast and is a great kick returner does not make him a solid CB. No way he will grow into a shut down corner. This is laughable. He's not even in our nickel package. Not to mention, how many shut down corners are there in the league?

KC Joyner, aka The Football Scientist, uses game film to track, tabulate and analyze nearly every measurable statistic in an NFL game. Anyway here are

Joyners thoughts on Eric Miller: I showed Miller at around the 10 YPA mark. That kind of YPA will usually get a player out of the league so you are right that he needs to pick it up and quickly.

.....Finally, forget Thomas. By the time were ready for a legit Super Bowl run he'll be 32, 33 years old. No thanks.

What's laughable is how you spend Three Paragraphs bashing a player.. and you don't even get his name right.

:confused:

Eric Miller? Lmao... That post right there made my day.

Come correct, or dont come at all

If the best defense was a good offense,

Cincy or Indy or Seattle would have beaten Pittsburgh in '05

The Chiefs or Colts would have won the SuperBowl in '03 & '04.

Oakland would have beaten the Bucs in '02.

The Rams would have won it all in 2000 & 2001

Minnesota would have been champs in 1998

The best defense is a good defense.

The Rams and Colts did win it all.

Also, Tom Brady got three rings for the Patsies.

The Bucs loaded up on offense the year they won the big one.

The Steelers drafted a QB in the first round when they won it.

Besides if you bothered to read the reast of my post I said that talent, balance, and coaching are what wins championships.

Eric Miller? Lmao... That post right there made my day.

Come correct, or dont come at all

Bad= getting his name wrong

ALOT Worse= Believing he will become a shut down corner, lol.

To recap, you say Miller (who doesnt sniff any PT as a CB) will become a shut down corner....while a guy who scouts players for a living says the opposite. Hmmm.

Come WITHOUT smokin crack or dont come at all....

Bad= getting his name wrong

ALOT Worse= Believing he will become a shut down corner, lol.

To recap, you say Miller (who doesnt sniff any PT as a CB) will become a shut down corner....while a guy who scouts players for a living says the opposite. Hmmm.

Come WITHOUT smokin crack or dont come at all....

J.Miller has all the skill in the world to become a a solid corner... Keep in mind... He is the youngest player on this JETS TEAM... Younger than the rookies, bottom line is this... He has the potential.

Archived