Our Defensive Line Sucks

Barton

I hate to be master of the obvious but I was just thinking - our Dline suck.

Ellis is ok, not bad. Right now he's the best Dlineman on our team.

Drob is totally playing out of position and it showed. He had some very solid games, and at times, completely awful. He's our NT for the time being, but I'd like to see an upgrade. Hopefully the trade rumors are true and he is being shipped out.

Kimo - I'd rather start a pile of dog sh#t at RDE next year. It would be more productive than Kimo, and wouldnt command a signing bonus.

Our defensive lineman needs a franchise player on it. All good 3-4 defenses have a defensive lineman that is a franchise caliber player: Jamal Williams, Chargers. Casey Hampton, Steelers. Richard Seymour, Patriots.

Our #1 offseason need should be getting some real 3-4 dlineman in here. Alan Branch would be perfect on this defense. Plug him in at 3-4 end, and he'd command double teams every snap, instantly making the LBs more productive.

We need a franchise caliber player on our Dline.

.... and wouldnt command a signing bonus.

Our defensive lineman needs a franchise player on it. All good 3-4 defenses have a defensive lineman that is a franchise caliber player: Jamal Williams, Chargers. Casey Hampton, Steelers. Richard Seymour, Patriots.....

Yeah your right, Im sure Mangini knows it being that he is a defensive coach.

The only think I would disagree on is that our lineman needs a player on him... thats a little too gay... :)

I hate to be master of the obvious but I was just thinking - our Dline suck.

Ellis is ok, not bad. Right now he's the best Dlineman on our team.

Drob is totally playing out of position and it showed. He had some very solid games, and at times, completely awful. He's our NT for the time being, but I'd like to see an upgrade. Hopefully the trade rumors are true and he is being shipped out.

Kimo - I'd rather start a pile of dog sh#t at RDE next year. It would be more productive than Kimo, and wouldnt command a signing bonus.

Our defensive lineman needs a franchise player on it. All good 3-4 defenses have a defensive lineman that is a franchise caliber player: Jamal Williams, Chargers. Casey Hampton, Steelers. Richard Seymour, Patriots.

Our #1 offseason need should be getting some real 3-4 dlineman in here. Alan Branch would be perfect on this defense. Plug him in at 3-4 end, and he'd command double teams every snap, instantly making the LBs more productive.

We need a franchise caliber player on our Dline.

Preach on brotha ,Preach on

Well is this Terdell Sands guy going to hit the open market or what?

Who is out there that we can get?

Terdell Sands was re-signed by the Raiders a few weeks ago, unfortunately.

As for you Barton, 110% correct. Tank Tyler is impressing me at the combine, I wouldn't him in Round 2 as a NT / DE type player.

As for you Barton, 110% correct. Tank Tyler is impressing me at the combine, I wouldn't him in Round 2 as a NT / DE type player.

That sucks...

IM kinding hoping we find a 330lb+ guy in the draft, even if it is a late round project... we need a big body for the NT spot..

yeah at least may be the dog **** will at least stop the guy when he smells it lol.

The dog sh^t might actually make a tackle if the running back slips on it :Nuts:

124, I also saw that Tyler put up 42 reps. And he has a good NT build to him, maybe he's a guy we look at after the 1st rd if we trade Drob.

i love jets fans

the grass is always so much greener for us

hey we need a franchise DT, call up TERDELL SANDS

LOL

it's not like his name has the word TURD in it or anything

Shaun Ellis is horrible but there's hope, let's get Sh-tstain Mcgee on the phone he's great

i think they should just release all 53 players and start again with street free agents, that will make everything better

ps- the team went 10-6 last year in the AFC let's get a grip here

I never said anything about cutting anyone, never said I didn't think d-rob was good. I was asking your opinion. Judging from your response I'd say you don't have one and just like to make smart-assy comments.

i think they should just release all 53 players and start again with street free agents, that will make everything better

The team went 10-6* but how did the Dline perform? They sucked, plain and simple. We need a force on the Dline, and he's not on the roster right now. There is not a weaker unit that can be so easily exposed than our Dline.

*easy schedule

Robertson played some really good football towards the end of the season.The majority of the big runs conceded were actually a result of Rashad Moore getting knocked back several yards while Robertson was getting spelled.He's a lot more comfortable in his role at nose tackle and I'm really looking forward to what he can do after another training camp.

Ellis was solid if unspectacular,he stands his ground 4 out of 5 times,doesn't blow up plays in the backfield and could work at shedding his blocks but most linemen had a hard time moving him.

The thing I shall say about Ellis and Robertson is that they get a good pass rush fr 3-4 linemen.We sent 3 men rushes way too many times this season but we survived thanks to D'rob using his hands and Ellis getting leverage on his man.

I don't believe our D-line is as bad as some make it out to be.Sure Kimo sucks,he can't stand his man up and takes himself out of the play but I believe Vilma is a big reason why our run defense sucks.3-4 linemen have to take on a blocker,Vilma can't do this and too many times he'll try and run around his blocker which results in him failing to control his gap assignment.He still tries to run to the ball as if he was in the 4-3.

**insert applause smiley here**

Thank you bit, it amazes me that some people get soo pissy about 95% of the team...

Sands was resigned by Oakland.

;-)

:Banane43::Banane43::Banane43:

We went 10-6, the whole easy schedule thing is silly. Every sunday in the NFL is tough, the Phins beat a superbowl team this year.... and shut down an AFC championship team.... you never know on any given sunday.

i love jets fans

the grass is always so much greener for us

hey we need a franchise DT, call up TERDELL SANDS

LOL

it's not like his name has the word TURD in it or anything

Shaun Ellis is horrible but there's hope, let's get Sh-tstain Mcgee on the phone he's great

Dewayne Robertson = A guy who should not be playing 3-4 NT

If we are so determined to play the 3-4 we should trade both Vilma and Robertson because they are not 3-4 players.

Vilma will get us a top 15 pick in the draft. Robertson can get us a 2nd round pick. I don't care we gave up two 1st's and a 4th for Robertson, he is not a 3-4 NT and will be a liability to our run defense.

Dewayne Robertson = A guy who should not be playing 3-4 NT

If we are so determined to play the 3-4 we should trade both Vilma and Robertson because they are not 3-4 players.

Vilma will get us a top 15 pick in the draft. Robertson can get us a 2nd round pick. I don't care we gave up two 1st's and a 4th for Robertson, he is not a 3-4 NT and will be a liability to our run defense.

Dwayne Robertson cannot be traded. His salary is too big and to trade him would force us to eat his signing bonus. Next year his contract escalates to around $9M, which means no matter where he lands, he renegotiates or is cut. What team will trade a #2 for a one year rental? I'd trade Vilma for a top 15, but I don't think one will be offered.

Archived