Ty Law...do you want him or not?

Do you want Ty Law?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you want Ty Law?

You have to sign him.

He gives your D a little swagger.

He usually comes up big in big games.

He helps develop your young CBs.

He can give the offense some insight on Beichick's defensive schemes.

Give him a Deoin contract and get every oounce of blood you can out of him.

You have to sign him.

He gives your D a little swagger.

He usually comes up big in big games.

He helps develop your young CBs.

He can give the offense some insight on Beichick's defensive schemes.

Give him a Deoin contract and get every oounce of blood you can out of him.

I couldn't have said it any better! :D

I think they almost have to sign him. Three years isn't a bad thing. Especially if he can become like Rod Woodsen, who switched to a saftey spot.

And, I think, the Jets are that one player away from serious contention. They may or may not win it all, but they're not that far away.

No, and here's are honest and true reasons why:

#1-He has yet to play a season under the new rules that were written particularly with his old style of play in mind. Law was very physical with WR's the entire time. That's what made him a "shut down" CB. He isn't allowed to do that anymore.

#2-Considering those new rules, there really are no shut down corners anymore. Teams are looking for world class speed from CB's now, since they can't touch the WR to slow them up they now must be fast and quick enough to stay with them. Law is not known for his quickness and speed.

#3-Age-The man is up there in age. He is on the downside of his career. He has already peaked, and has nowhere to go but down. Not to mention he hasn't played for a year.

#4-Money. He is looking for his last big payday off of his reputation. He ain't coming cheap.

#5-He's injured!! The guy can't even run yet. He's in his 30's having had a major injury that he has STILL yet to recover from.

When you factor in the rules change, the age factor, the injury, and the money it will take to get him, it is plain to see that it will not be worth it in the short run due to his injury, and the long run due to the cost and age. No, no way, no how, NO!!

1. There is no such thing as a 'shut down' corner. The term is overused and is absolutely ridiculous. Funny how I watch the declared 'shut down' corners get torched every year.

2. For Law's age, propensity for inury and cost, No freaking thanks.

3. The new 'crackdown' on coverage effectively sealed the fate on Law's biggest asset as a CB.

:lol:=D>:lol:=D>:lol:=D>

OK, here's my honest take on the Ty Law situation.

Trust me on this, where ever he finally ends up, some team will get a great CB (Pro Bowl level caliber) for at least the next two years.

Year in and year out, there was no player on the Pats that was in better physical shape than Ty Law. Add to that his weekly game preparation (BB has said that he has never seen a player prepare in practice like Law does)and you have one committed football player.

That work ethic will not change.

Here's a key point that has yet to be discussed. First off, I agree with GOB that there is no longer such a thing as a "shut down corner" due to the rules change and the athleticism of todays WR's.

With that said, Law's success with the Pats over the past few years has been while the Pats have played a lot of zone coverage in the secondary (Law's 4 picks off Manning 2 years ago, all came when they were in zone coverage.)

My point being, is if Law goes to a team that plays man-to-man press coverage (ie. Phins over the past few seasons) he will not be as effective as going to a team that plays predominately zone coverage.

Law is smart, reads the QB extremely well and is never out of position. All great skills for a CB to have in a zone defense.

Bottom line, some team is going to get a great CB for the next couple years. I still feel he has a very good shot of ending up back with the Pats. :wink:

jesus tex....youre writing like GJ@H now....

a simple answer was good enough #-o

OK, here's my honest take on the Ty Law situation.

Trust me on this, where ever he finally ends up, some team will get a great CB (Pro Bowl level caliber) for at least the next two years.

Year in and year out, there was no player on the Pats that was in better physical shape than Ty Law. Add to that his weekly game preparation (BB has said that he has never seen a player prepare in practice like Law does)and you have one committed football player.

That work ethic will not change.

Here's a key point that has yet to be discussed. First off, I agree with GOB that there is no longer such a thing as a "shut down corner" due to the rules change and the athleticism of todays WR's.

With that said, Law's success with the Pats over the past few years has been while the Pats have played a lot of zone coverage in the secondary (Law's 4 picks off Manning 2 years ago, all came when they were in zone coverage.)

My point being, is if Law goes to a team that plays man-to-man press coverage (ie. Phins over the past few seasons) he will not be as effective as going to a team that plays predominately zone coverage.

Law is smart, reads the QB extremely well and is never out of position. All great skills for a CB to have in a zone defense.

Bottom line, some team is going to get a great CB for the next couple years. I still feel he has a very good shot of ending up back with the Pats. :wink:

Archived