If You Could Move Anywhere In The US, Where Would You Go?

The Gun Of Bavaria

By the time I leave NJ in 10 years..that location should be over developed.

BTW, thanks for volunteering to help..it will be good to have a 50 year old site administrator(who's in tip top condition)help me move,see ya in 2117!

Thanks!:lol:

You're moving in 110 years? I don't think so. You'll be dead, man. Like me.

Dig.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha, in 2117 I will be 147 years old. At that point I hope to have enough money saved up to just pay someone to pack for you.

If you change your mind and decide to move in 2017 I will move you. At that point I will only be 47. hahaha!

Damn it! :cussing:

I make a frickin typo,and the legendary webmaster from Folsom county jumps all over it and slam dunks me.:rl:

In 2017 (after several Jet super bowl wins) I will be calling the legendary webmaster from folsom county,who, at the ripe old age of 47..should still be in tip top condition to help me move.:P

If I had my choice I would move back to New Jersey-what better place could you be-close to the greatest city in the world and my favorite sports teams.I DO like it down here sometimes though-especially this time of the year-I loved the 4 seasons thing and I miss the birds and their calls-believe it or not-did you know there are no robins here? Oh yea except for my wife whose name is Robbin

If I had my choice I would move back to New Jersey-what better place could you be-close to the greatest city in the world and my favorite sports teams.I DO like it down here sometimes though-especially this time of the year-I loved the 4 seasons thing and I miss the birds and their calls-believe it or not-did you know there are no robins here? Oh yea except for my wife whose name is Robbin

while you were under that palm tree with your guitar i think you got hit in the head with a coconut

I can't believe no one has chosen Detroit yet.

Isn't Ann Arbor, MI or your roomate close enough Pat? You know I'm looking seriously into EMU & WMU for 08 & 09, possibly 07 as well. I could fly you out with me for a few games.

Isn't Ann Arbor, MI or your roomate close enough Pat? You know I'm looking seriously into EMU & WMU for 08 & 09, possibly 07 as well. I could fly you out with me for a few games.

As long as you don't mind watching your football team lose every game, EMU is the place.

I'm 50 Minutes away and that's at cop speed.

Still would be partying. I drive almost an hour to hang out with my friends almost every weekend as it is now. That would not be a hard thing for me to do routinely.

I'm a life-long Bostonian. Yes, New England is beautiful in the spring, summer and fall - but it completely sucks out loud in the winter. Truth be told, if I never saw a mountain or snow again, I'd be fine with it. I enjoy a metropolitan feel with an ocean nearby and a lively marina scene. Low Country South Carolina would be my choice. Just a better quality of living. I recently started a new job in downtown Boston - had been working in the suburbs for the last three years - and man, I forgot about the fast paced grind. Get off the commuter rail train - rush to the office - the stampede of humanity. I feel like a weeble trying not to fall down. I'm just trying to figure out a way to get out of here and maintain a reasonable standard of living. Don't get me wrong, Boston is great. It really is. Dunkin Donuts coffee is my drug of choice. But I pine for a calmer, warmer climate - and I'm not tallking just weather here.

I'm a life-long Bostonian. Yes, New England is beautiful in the spring, summer and fall - but it completely sucks out loud in the winter. Truth be told, if I never saw a mountain or snow again, I'd be fine with it. I enjoy a metropolitan feel with an ocean nearby and a lively marina scene. Low Country South Carolina would be my choice. Just a better quality of living. I recently started a new job in downtown Boston - had been working in the suburbs for the last three years - and man, I forgot about the fast paced grind. Get off the commuter rail train - rush to the office - the stampede of humanity. I feel like a weeble trying not to fall down. I'm just trying to figure out a way to get out of here and maintain a reasonable standard of living. Don't get me wrong, Boston is great. It really is. Dunkin Donuts coffee is my drug of choice. But I pine for a calmer, warmer climate - and I'm not tallking just weather here.

Shem Creek, SC: :)

x1pEyY-Iqya-ydP7kfDvOdbs_Yir9rKvLxkmuh2WFkKSrnH4TkMUOZ6jvrHdCPTcSeS4ZlfuasQzNPDOKDBDV1L-gtbekGf7KX8gC_PZm2WESU

I've been around the country for a couple years and I find Colorado to be a great place. I'm surprised no one mentioned it. Beautiful mountains, lakes, great outdoors stuff to do. Its expensive, but not NY expensive.

Many, many years ago me and my boyfriend at that time headed out from NJ to Idaho, camping along the way... never made it to Idaho but ended up in Colorado and it was the most beautiful place. Boulder was awesome, as far as a city goes... but Estes Park in the North central area was incredible... stayed for at least a week and didn't want to leave.

BEARLAKE.JPG

I work pretty close to Newark -- so I won't comment on the air quality there. But by the time I get home it is generally safe to roll down the windows.

Newark is better then where I work in the swamps of Lyndhurst...literally, the swamp is behind my building and all summer long... well, won't detail the smells and get you all sick. We stay indoors mostly.

:smilies2_puke:

LOL!

Um, I mean great post.

Many, many years ago me and my boyfriend at that time headed out from NJ to Idaho, camping along the way... never made it to Idaho but ended up in Colorado and it was the most beautiful place. Boulder was awesome, as far as a city goes... but Estes Park in the North central area was incredible... stayed for at least a week and didn't want to leave.

BEARLAKE.JPG

POTW NOM

Anytime you mention an ex I will POTW it. That's how it works, lol.

Newark is better then where I work in the swamps of Lyndhurst...literally, the swamp is behind my building and all summer long... well, won't detail the smells and get you all sick. We stay indoors mostly.

:smilies2_puke:

Those who work in Newark stay indoors for different reasons! Just joking. Downtown Newark is actually pretty nice.

I'm with Troll. San Francisco for me.

Or maybe Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I love it there.

You said in America. I would go to Toronto, Vancouver or Whistler, B.C. in a heartbeat otherwise.

If we are including Canada then Prince George it is for me! (That's not a gay joke either).

I've lived in the Hudson Valley in New York all my life so I can't really picture living anywhere else. Being right around the Hudson River is great and I'm no more than an hour and a half away from NYC and I can get to Giants Stadium easily as well.

Northern VA where I go to college is a pretty nice place but I think there is a very high standard of living. There's also basically no way I could live any further South than this. To put it nicely I am not a Southern kind of guy.

If I could afford it, Palos Verdes in California is unbelievably beautiful, with the Pacific in front of you. Unfortunately it's surrounded by LA, but you cannot have everything.

For now I'm stuck in Brooklyn, and will end up either in Rockway or the Hudson Valley. It's the "next big decision".

If I could afford it, Palos Verdes in California is unbelievably beautiful, with the Pacific in front of you. Unfortunately it's surrounded by LA, but you cannot have everything.

For now I'm stuck in Brooklyn, and will end up either in Rockway or the Hudson Valley. It's the "next big decision".

The Hudson Valley is a pretty nice place Bugg. I live in Dutchess County and the part I'm in is growing pretty quickly right now. There are some really great views around the Hudson River and places to go hiking and such. I think housing might be getting a little pricey though which is a problem.

Several options:

I spent a year in Portland Oregon in the early '90s. It was great..until I went to Seattle. That's better. In fact my wife's cousin is a county cop outside Portland. Loves it.

Traverse city - If you could afford to LIVE there, on or near a lake, why wouldn't you?

Northern Wisconsin: It's pretty up there. Really neat rocky bluffs with an interesting geological history. Pretty bleak jobwise outside Green Bay tho. I think you could get almost the same thing and have a job in Traverse City.

Avoid:

Florida- It's a renamed, prettied-up swamp. People aren't supposed to live there. Yes, I'm big fat a hypocrite and vacationing there next week...but I stand by my opinion. :P

New Orleans- See Florida, minus the vacation

Traverse City is quite beautiful... even in the dead of winter. It'd be great to live up there.

If we are including Canada then Prince George it is for me! (That's not a gay joke either).

Prince George?

I'm amazed that any Americans have heard of this place.

80,000 people, exactly in the middle of nowhere.

Real cold in winter, sparrow size mosquitoes in summer.

You want to trap beaver?

You want to chop down trees?

You like ice fishing?

You want to hunt moose?

You want to say eh at the end of each sentence, wear a ball cap 24 hours a day and drive a pickup truck?

You like bonding with guys? Good, because most of the women have moved to the cities.

You want to get shot for wearing anything that says Jets because they'll think you're from Winnipeg?

Sounds like heaven.

:cheers:

Actually... EMU is in Ypsi, which is next to Ann Arbor. Detroit is a half hour away from Ann Arbor. You could transfer to Wayne State and experience all Detroit has to offer, however. Or gouge your eyes out with a rusty fork. Which ever you feel would be less painful.

But, at Wayne, you'd be down the street (literally) from Comerica Park (The Tigers), Ford Field (The Lions and the Motor City Bowl), Cobo Hall, and Joe Louis Arena (the Red Wings, college hockey, ect). Not to mention Greektown, the Ren Cen, and Windsor, Onterio.

And, Ypsi is only a half hour away from all that... and 5 minutes from real football played at Michigan stadium.

Archived