Tonight's "Dust Off The CD Collection" Song:

I'm starting a new late night thread that will be conducted on a daily basis starting tonight. Everynight, possibly based upon some sort of trigger, whether it be hearing the song, or an incident that a song reminds me of, I will pull a CD from my vast collection of CDs from my high school (88-92), college (92-96), or Army days (96-2000). There were the heydays of CD purchasing for me. Before the internet, Napster, Kazaa and everything else that brought my CD collection to a grinding halt. I will post a CD and you the masses, will comment on it if you wish. Feel free to share your opinion on the song, the band or share the memories associated with the song. Anything goes in the offseason.

Tonight's CD: Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies

I heard my favorite on the album, "Nutshell" on The Shield tonight as Vic was driving and started having flashbacks of being a young Sophomore at Eastern Michigan University. All was well in the world. I had just met the woman who would one day by my wife and the mother of my child (Subsequently my GPA went from a 3.2 to a 1.8 :mrgreen: ). I was a college student, running from party to party, bar to bar, without a care in the world. I had a scholarship so I barely worked. I studied just enough to get B's because I didn't care about A's, too much work for a History Degree. It was 1993, nothing on my radar but living the life. No house payment, no a$$hole boss. I barely had any food in my place but It didn't matter.

Along with Nutshell, I Stay Away, No Excuses and Don't Follow were solid AIC efforts. Great album overall. Great Memories.

Excellent choice.

My cousin and I usually sing "Nutshell" and "Don't Follow" at parties. I bought Jar of Flies at a discout record store in Vallejo, California for four dollars.

I used to work at a Lumber Yard in the summers and a Record Time (Now FYE) in the winter, I think I used my 30% discount for this one

Archived