Power Rankings

PatsFanTX

We all know this is the most accurate and objective analysis of all the teams in the NFL.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8441273

1 New England Patriots 1

The champs have actually improved in the offseason, adding key veterans like David Terrell and Duane Starks. Taking them down won't be easy.

14 New York Jets 8

If Chad Pennington's shoulder is fine, they'll be competitive. If not, they'll be drafting in the top 10.

Drafting in the top 10?

And you guys think you are Super Bowl contenders? :lol::lol::lol:

How have the Patriots improved? Swapping Ty Law for Duane Starks? David Patten for David Terrell? Joe Andruzzi for Logan Mankins? Crenell for Mangina? Weis for apparently no one? Thin air for Doug Flutie?

Let the intelligent minds that bring us Stuart Scott and Stephen A. Smith blow in the Patriots ear for the wonderful off-season they've had.

The 2005 Patriots will be a lot of things. Better is not one of them.

Bingo Troll- Prisco's stuff is usually a little more on the planet than this drivel. To put us middle of the pack is not real visionary either.

David Terell this person wants to call him a key veteran- meanwhile every football fan I know has called him a big disappointment Patsfantx.

Terell is just a few imbecile outbursts short of being Freddie Mitchells clone. He has muffed more passes though - so I guess it's even.

David Terell this person wants to call him a key veteran- meanwhile every football fan I know has called him a big disappointment Patsfantx.

Although I hated to see Patten leave, this was a good pick-up.

Hell, Randy Moss would be just an average receiver in the Bears passing game. :wink:

We all know this is the most accurate and objective analysis of all the teams in the NFL.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8441273

1 New England Patriots 1

The champs have actually improved in the offseason, adding key veterans like David Terrell and Duane Starks. Taking them down won't be easy.

14 New York Jets 8

If Chad Pennington's shoulder is fine, they'll be competitive. If not, they'll be drafting in the top 10.

Drafting in the top 10?

And you guys think you are Super Bowl contenders? :lol::lol::lol:

Same can be said of any team ... if they lose their starting QB, chances are they'll be closer to a TOP 10 Pick than playoff contention :wink:

Same can be said of any team ... if they lose their starting QB, chances are they'll be closer to a TOP 10 Pick than playoff contention :wink:

Ham, stop raining on my parade. :wink:

I like when national sportswriters say the Jets will have a top 10 draft pick next year. =D>=D>

How have the Patriots improved? Swapping Ty Law for Duane Starks? David Patten for David Terrell? Joe Andruzzi for Logan Mankins? Crenell for Mangina? Weis for apparently no one? Thin air for Doug Flutie?

Let the intelligent minds that bring us Stuart Scott and Stephen A. Smith blow in the Patriots ear for the wonderful off-season they've had.

How many plays did Ty make in the Superbowl? AFC Championship game? Or any of the last 12 games he missed? As usual Jets' fans wrap their fingers around the wrong concept.

Is Starks better then Ty? No.

However, the addition of Starks gives the Patriots more depth. So Troy Brown will not be coming in on dime and nickel situations. Randal Gay will and he now has alot more experience and a whole offseason in the program.

The bottomline is the Patriots are the back-toback champions and until someone knocks them off the top, they will be number 1.

Although I hated to see Patten leave, this was a good pick-up.

Hell, Randy Moss would be just an average receiver in the Bears passing game. :wink:

I usually respect your knowledge of the game TX (albeit sickly biased) But your new boy D. Terrel is an UM-BAY. And a bum to the point where a change of scenery isn't going to change that.

I usually respect your knowledge of the game TX (albeit sickly biased) But your new boy D. Terrel is an UM-BAY. And a bum to the point where a change of scenery isn't going to change that.

jester, alot of Jet fans said the exact same thing about Corey Dillon last year.

How did that one work out? :wink:

Let's see what he does on the field before we make him out to be an "UM-BAY".

too funny

even if pennington went down for the year, we have 1 of the most capable starters in this league as our backup in jay fielder.

unless our defense drops to 32nd overall, we'll be nowhere near contention for a top 10 pick

Patriots improving....too funny :lol::lol:

jester, alot of Jet fans said the exact same thing about Corey Dillon last year.

How did that one work out? :wink:

Let's see what he does on the field before we make him out to be an "UM-BAY".

How can you compare David Terrell to Corey Dillon?!

When Dillon came to the Pats he had already established himself as a very good runner. David Terrell has done absolutely dick squat in his career

How many plays did Ty make in the Superbowl? AFC Championship game? Or any of the last 12 games he missed? As usual Jets' fans wrap their fingers around the wrong concept.

Is Starks better then Ty? No.

However, the addition of Starks gives the Patriots more depth. So Troy Brown will not be coming in on dime and nickel situations. Randal Gay will and he now has alot more experience and a whole offseason in the program.

The bottomline is the Patriots are the back-toback champions and until someone knocks them off the top, they will be number 1.

And as usual, you take one concept out of my entire post and completely ignore the rest.

Maybe they won't miss Ty Law all that much. But what about Crennel, Weis, a few assisstants, Patten and Andruzzi? Why did your post completely avoid mentioning these guys?

See jester, here is a big difference between Pats fans and Jets fans regarding player acquisitions and draft selections.

Jet fans think they are all the greatest thing since sliced bread (Curtis Conway will have 1,000 yards receiving and make everyone forget Coles and Reggie Tongue is a better signing than John Lynch).

Pats fans, on the other hand, accept the fact that players are acquired for a specific role and temper expectations.

Terrell comes in and catches 35-40 balls for 400-500 yards, it would be a great pick-up in my mind. Anything better than that, is pure gravey.

See jester, here is a big difference between Pats fans and Jets fans regarding player acquisitions and draft selections.

Jet fans think they are all the greatest thing since sliced bread (Curtis Conway will have 1,000 yards receiving and make everyone forget Coles and Reggie Tongue is a better signing than John Lynch).

Pats fans, on the other hand, accept the fact that players are acquired for a specific role and temper expectations.

Terrell comes in and catches 35-40 balls for 400-500 yards, it would be a great pick-up in my mind. Anything better than that, is pure gravey.

Bro how the hell would you know what Patriot fans think? Seriously man you just became one first of all. Also in order to know what Pat Fans are thinking wouldn't you have to be on a Pats board?

Tx - Being a Chicago guy - I have seen plenty of DT and feel like I have a fair database to work from. When Lovee Smith stated the week after the season was over that one of his primary objectives was re-signing David Terrel, any respect I had for him went in the crapper. I figured on watching about 5-7 minutes of Bears football in 05. I dont know if was overrode by Angelo or if it was all a media game from the get go. Dont care. The kid is a selfish, loudmouth,blame everybody else, sparsely talented receiver. That being said. He was picked up as a number 3 and with somebody's foot up his bung every minute - he could deliver the type of numbers you want from him. I just dont like the kid and hope he changes. He has some changes to make.

Were the Pats fans so "tempered" in their expetations prior to 2001?

It's easy to think that way now but before Brady you were in all likely hood the same type fan as us or any other franchise.

In fact prior to 2001 you probably were a fan of another franchise.

Tx - Being a Chicago guy - I have seen plenty of DT and feel like I have a fair database to work from. When Lovee Smith stated the week after the season was over that one of his primary objectives was re-signing David Terrel, any respect I had for him went in the crapper. I figured on watching about 5-7 minutes of Bears football in 05. I dont know if was overrode by Angelo or if it was all a media game from the get go. Dont care. The kid is a selfish, loudmouth,blame everybody else, sparsely talented receiver. That being said. He was picked up as a number 3 and with somebody's foot up his bung every minute - he could deliver the type of numbers you want from him. I just dont like the kid and hope he changes. He has some changes to make.

jester,

That is completely fair.

Obviously, you have watched Terrell more than I have.(if I've seen 3 Bear games last year I'm lucky).

I hope you're wrong but let's see what he does with a real passing game and a change of scenery.

That is completely fair.

Obviously, you have watched Terrell more than I have.(if I've seen 3 Bear games last year I'm lucky).

I hope you're wrong but let's see what he does with a real passing game and a change of scenery.

This is why we need Pope here.

Oh what's that matter GILL. Your VCR's are broken? I thought you watched everygame in that trailer of yours?

too funny

even if pennington went down for the year, we have 1 of the most capable starters in this league as our backup in jay fielder.

unless our defense drops to 32nd overall, we'll be nowhere near contention for a top 10 pick

Patriots improving....too funny :lol::lol:

[-X

"Most capable starters in the league" do not get booted off the team that picked second in the draft. :roll:

Should I goto the either board and find anyone (of probably 1000) where you rip Fiedler? :roll::roll:

Homerism at it's absolute best.

[-X

"Most capable starters in the league" do not get booted off the team that picked second in the draft. :roll:

Should I goto the either board and find anyone (of probably 1000) where you rip Fiedler? :roll::roll:

Homerism at it's absolute best.

I'm sure you can go do that, you pathetic loser.

Of course I have ripped Fielder, he's a dumbo eared dolphin, so waddya expect me to do!

He's a great backup, so shut the f up. And his winning percentage as a starter speaks for itself, thats the definition of a capable starter, let alone a great backup.

I'm sure you can go do that, you pathetic loser.

Of course I have ripped Fielder, he's a dumbo eared dolphin, so waddya expect me to do!

He's a great backup, so shut the f up. And his winning percentage as a starter speaks for itself, thats the definition of a capable starter, let alone a great backup.

Do you have ADD and forget what you post?

Let me see if I have this straight......

Fiedler's winning percentage when he is a member of the Phins is largely due to the defense, but now that he wears kelly green it 'defines' that he is a capable starter. :roll::roll::roll: (For you Troll :wink: )

Do you wonder why I use so many roll the eyes icons when I get John Kerryesque type statements from the large contingent of Jets' fans.

Archived