Will Maxman ever Run 10 Miles?

Smizzy

Let me paint the picture....

It's halftime of the AFC Championship game and the Colts are down big to New England. Maxman says " I will run 10 miles if the Colts win this game" The rest is history.

Will he ever run those 10 miles? I plan to keep this betting open for a while!

I made that statement 6 weeks ago. I have been running just about 3 times a week since then. (And it has been cold and snowy).

Will I do it? Time will tell. Am I giving this 100% -- absolutely. I have a 5k lined up in April. It will take a LONG time to get to 10 miles. I am giving it everything I have though.

I made that statement 6 weeks ago. I have been running just about 3 times a week since then. (And it has been cold and snowy).

Will I do it? Time will tell. Am I giving this 100% -- absolutely. I have a 5k lined up in April. It will take a LONG time to get to 10 miles. I am giving it everything I have though.

Dont get serious on us, we were tyring to bust your balls!!!

good job though Max... I dont think I can run 1/4 mile as of today! lol

This event is accepting bets untill Dec.31st of this yr and will not pay out untill Dec.31 of 2008. You have plenty of time.

This event is accepting bets untill Dec.31st of this yr and will not pay out untill Dec.31 of 2008. You have plenty of time.

I won't be alive then. If it doesn't happen in 2007, I say I lose.

There I go, lowering the bar yet again.

Good luck, Max. 10 miles is a superhuman feat and unnecessary IMO. Stick to the 5K's. Be sure to take care of your feet. Plantar Fascitis(heel spurs) is a very common condition that is underpublicized. It ended my running career because I didn't realize what it was until too late. Now I'm stuck to the Stairmaster, and will only brave one mile running/week. Be sure to rotate running shoes. Never run in the same pair consecutively, and toss them after 6 months. Invest in one of those rope stretchers, and keep it or a towel next to your bed. The most important strecth you'll do all day is that one just before you hop out of bed. STRETCH those fascia!

Ok, so you are already making excuses (i.e. being cold and snowy).

In a month it will be too rainy.

Then in the summer it will be too humid.

Then you will have about a month in the fall before it becomes too cold again.

I am thinking of betting the over on when you will reach 10 miles. 2012 should be about right.

I am thinking of betting the over on when you will reach 10 miles. 2012 should be about right.

I have faith Max will do his very best! We may need to call an ambulance for him, but he will run the 10 miles.

:character0264:

How long have you known me? How many things have I made excuses for?

When I am right I am right. When I am wrong I am the first one to man up and admit it. Remember my Red Sox avatar? I didn't blink.

I know that I will accomplish this. But if I sound too confident I will sway the voting. I need to remain semi-impartial.

(no semi-impartial jokes from the peanut gallery).

Good luck, Max. 10 miles is a superhuman feat and unnecessary IMO. Stick to the 5K's. Be sure to take care of your feet. Plantar Fascitis(heel spurs) is a very common condition that is underpublicized. It ended my running career because I didn't realize what it was until too late. Now I'm stuck to the Stairmaster, and will only brave one mile running/week. Be sure to rotate running shoes. Never run in the same pair consecutively, and toss them after 6 months. Invest in one of those rope stretchers, and keep it or a towel next to your bed. The most important strecth you'll do all day is that one just before you hop out of bed. STRETCH those fascia!

Thanks Tom. I have to get better running shoes. Right now I am just using cross trainers. No pain yet but the distance isn't all that far right yet.

As far as running shoes being rotated -- damn I didn't know that. I think I better hit the running forums and educate myself soon!

Thanks Tom. I have to get better running shoes. Right now I am just using cross trainers. No pain yet but the distance isn't all that far right yet.

As far as running shoes being rotated -- damn I didn't know that. I think I better hit the running forums and educate myself soon!

I used to run 5K's, and I will agree that its all about the right shoes... I used to buy a new pair every year... mostly becuase they get worn out and you start to notice it hurts a littlle...

Now can we please stop being serious and start joking about this again... its much more fun that way!!!

EXCLUSIVE PHOTO of Max training... (hopefully JI doesnt steal this... lol)

fatguy.jpg

Dont ban me Max... I cant even run from here to the fridge at this point... its all in good fun! lol

I used to run 5K's, and I will agree that its all about the right shoes... I used to buy a new pair every year... mostly becuase they get worn out and you start to notice it hurts a littlle...

Now can we please stop being serious and start joking about this again... its much more fun that way!!!

EXCLUSIVE PHOTO of Max training... (hopefully JI doesnt steal this... lol)

fatguy.jpg

Dont ban me Max... I cant even run from here to the fridge at this point... its all in good fun! lol

Speaking of being in good fun your signature is not in compliance.

I wanna know how the bet started haha.

Halftime of the Colts - Pats game. I said the game was over. A few people disagreed with me. I said the Colts had no shot. Then I said if the Colts came back I would run 10 miles to celebrate!

Get yourself a VIP membership at roadrunnersports.com. This is where I buy my running shoes. I recommend shoes with a good arch even if you're flatfooted. They have every shape and size, even widths. It's easy to shop from their informative catalog, and if you need help their sales staff is very well trained and knowledgeable. Right now I've been using Mizuno Wave Creation 7. Dump those cross-trainers NOW and invest in some good sneaks. They're too heavy and aren't conducive to a good stride. Your feet will thank you.

• 1 month later...
run or drive?

Damn ji mods. They come in to town, have their way with our farm animals and insult the men. I am getting tired of it.

I am not going to do anything about it. Just wanted to record to reflect my level of tiredness.

:Nuts:

Get yourself a VIP membership at roadrunnersports.com. This is where I buy my running shoes. I recommend shoes with a good arch even if you're flatfooted. They have every shape and size, even widths. It's easy to shop from their informative catalog, and if you need help their sales staff is very well trained and knowledgeable. Right now I've been using Mizuno Wave Creation 7. Dump those cross-trainers NOW and invest in some good sneaks. They're too heavy and aren't conducive to a good stride. Your feet will thank you.

Does it cost $55 ?

Archived