Corey Dillion to NYJ?

Smizzy

All I can think about is the second game against the Pats @ foxboro when Corey Dillon broke through a hole and had a wide open field in front of him and the Jets caught him a little later. He looked MISERABLE on that play and it showed me just how far from his prime he really was. I would not want this guy on my team, he goes against the direction we are taking this ball club. People complained about the ages of Adailus Thomas or Nate Clements....well this guy is way further down the road by a longshot than either of those two.

Columbia Jet Fan says.....pass

• Upvote 1

All I can think about is the second game against the Pats @ foxboro when Corey Dillon broke through a hole and had a wide open field in front of him and the Jets caught him a little later. He looked MISERABLE on that play and it showed me just how far from his prime he really was. I would not want this guy on my team, he goes against the direction we are taking this ball club. People complained about the ages of Adailus Thomas or Nate Clements....well this guy is way further down the road by a longshot than either of those two.

Which he did on quite a few ocassions this year. Corey no longer has the speed to outrun anybody, but he hit the hole enough to break through and pick up good yards.

Corey would be a nice pick-up and compliment Washington nicely. A guy that is good for 200+ carries, 4 ypc and 10+ TDs.

He is not a long term answer, but in the abscence of that you could do alot worse. Houston. Barlow. Blaylock.

Which he did on quite a few ocassions this year. Corey no longer has the speed to outrun anybody, but he hit the hole enough to break through and pick up good yards.

Corey would be a nice pick-up and compliment Washington nicely. A guy that is good for 200+ carries, 4 ypc and 10+ TDs.

He is not a long term answer, but in the abscence of that you could do alot worse. Houston. Barlow. Blaylock.

And would be a stop-gap player who only WANTS to play 1 more season. If we're targeting Turner next year, this may not be the worst option. Depends on what he wants for that "last payday" of course, but if it's a 1-year deal he wouldn't need a signing bonus; just a roster bonus and vet minimum salary then we're free & clear of it.

For the first time I share your discontent in free agency. There is absolutely NO reason to be interested in Dillon, a 33-year old wash up.

I have a feeling that as the jets are linked to more and more garbage players that more and more people will agree with me.

No thanks

Duckett is the guy I want to pick up and pair with Leon.

Who knows? It could be Dunn/Duckett Part 2.

Good point, as Leon has a lot in common with Dunn...the only thing i would ask is would it work in our system, which is FAR different from Atlanta's run 90% of the time system with Vick

I have a feeling that as the jets are linked to more and more garbage players that more and more people will agree with me.

There was no source within the Jets claiming they are interested in Dillon. The article merely pointed out that we are one team in need of a RB. And based on Mangini's track record of signing players of high character, I highly doubt Dillon is on the list.

And as I have said before, I am on board with Tangini for the long haul. I will trust their judgements before I trust those of a fellow fan. I think more people would agree with ME on that.

I also agree. They haven't led us wrong yet(minus Barlow).. so I assume they know what they're doing. However, it really aggravates me and I'm sure everyone else watching other teams getting players while were sitting here, staring at our computers to even find that were looking at some players.. let alone sign them.

I also agree. They haven't led us wrong yet(minus Barlow).. so I assume they know what they're doing. However, it really aggravates me and I'm sure everyone else watching other teams getting players while were sitting here, staring at our computers to even find that were looking at some players.. let alone sign them.

Dont forget Kimo... lol

Let me get this straight: We're looking at a back that gained more yards than anybody on the Jets last year, 13 tds (2 fewer than the entire Jet steam) and averaged over 4 yards per carry (.2 less than Leon and .8 of a yard more than any other Jet) and you don't want him because he looked MISERABLE on a 50 yard gain? Ever Jets play should be so miserable. If he looked MISERABLE on that play please describe Barlow, Blaylock and Houston. Even Columbia doesn't have a fitting adjective for that.

Let me get this straight: We're looking at a back that gained more yards than anybody on the Jets last year, 13 tds (2 fewer than the entire Jet steam) and averaged over 4 yards per carry (.2 less than Leon and .8 of a yard more than any other Jet) and you don't want him because he looked MISERABLE on a 50 yard gain? Ever Jets play should be so miserable. If he looked MISERABLE on that play please describe Barlow, Blaylock and Houston. Even Columbia doesn't have a fitting adjective for that.

We don't need another slow/injured back..

We have had that for the past 2 seasons..

I am so sick of watching a RB jog to the hole and fall down(2005 Curtis,2006 Barlow)

We don't need another slow/injured back..

We have had that for the past 2 seasons..

I am so sick of watching a RB jog to the hole and fall down(2005 Curtis,2006 Barlow)

BoomBoom, I don't know why I'm bothering to reply to you, but I will. I don't care if the back is injured. I don't care if he's slow. I don't care if he runs ugly. I don't care if he's older than George Blanda and has one leg. I only care that he is better than we have and 800+ yards at 4+ per carry and 13 tds is a considerable upgrade. At least he found the hole and fell forward. Plus, big and slow is more of a compliment to Leon than another scat back.

There was no source within the Jets claiming they are interested in Dillon. The article merely pointed out that we are one team in need of a RB. And based on Mangini's track record of signing players of high character, I highly doubt Dillon is on the list.

And as I have said before, I am on board with Tangini for the long haul. I will trust their judgements before I trust those of a fellow fan. I think more people would agree with ME on that.

I agree with you on trusting Tangini for the long haul. However as far as Dillon's

character issues, its been said he never was a problem at all in his tenure with the Pats.

I agree with you on trusting Tangini for the long haul. However as far as Dillon's

character issues, its been said he never was a problem at all in his tenure with the Pats.

Correct. Corey had no problems at all as a Patriot.

He did have some issues with the local media but I'm with him on that!

• Thumb Down 1

Hard to argue with that.

Of course Dillion isn't the long term answer for the Jets, but here's the facts.

As it stands right now, the Chargers are asking for a 1st and 3rd for Turner. That could change, but right now it won't happen.

There are no RB's at worth 25. Bush will most likely be around at 37, but at 37 he's kind of a reach. Doubt he will be there at 59. I don'tlike Irons at all.

Not much FA. Dillion is productive for at least one more year.

Maybe Turner next year, or a rookie. Who knows.

Dillion fits for this year. Disapointing, but he fits