Jets Looking To Trade up?

madmike1

I think Calvin Johnson is a once every 5 years player. The Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer. He is a slam dunk and will be a dominant force. And if what I think is correct you need to take him if you are the Jets. I'm not so sure Mangini loves Coles anyway. Jmho.

Adrian Peterson is also an amazing prospect and I don't see how the Jets, if they did somehow manage to trade up that high, could possibly pass up on him. The team is in desperate need of an elite RB, and he would fill that need immediately and could be around for quite a while. A player like Johnson is very enticing but it would just make a lot more sense for the Jets to take Peterson in this far-fetched scenario.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Calvin Johnson is a once every 5 years player. The Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer. He is a slam dunk and will be a dominant force. And if what I think is correct you need to take him if you are the Jets. I'm not so sure Mangini loves Coles anyway. Jmho.

CJ is the BAP in the draft imo. If the Jets did take him, the writing would be on the wall for Coles. It would be the beginning of a real face lift for the Jets.

Would you rather eventually see Penny to Coles or Clemens to CJ?

JETS CONSIDERING A TRADE UP?

We're hearing that the New York Jets are considering an effort to trade up from the No. 25 spot in round one to the top of the draft.

The Jets would like to get in position to draft either receiver Calvin Johnson or running back Adrian Peterson.

To ensure that they'll get either guy, the Jets likely would have to land no lower than No. 3.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Translation:

The Jets would either use Jonathan Vilma as a trade up for Peterson or Laveranues Coles as a trade up for Johnson. There's no way Calvin Johnson would be a target without giving up Coles or Cotchery and it isn't going to be Cotchery.

CJ is the BAP in the draft imo. If the Jets did take him, the writing would be on the wall for Coles. It would be the beginning of a real face lift for the Jets.

Would you rather eventually see Penny to Coles or Clemens to CJ?

Without a doubt it would be Clemens to CJ.

the Jets have great wrs? I think CJ could be something extraordinaire and something the Jets have not had in years.

Indeed.

Keyshawn Johnson while he was here was the last great #1 WR that the Jets have had. But, to aquire Calvin Johnson you know that it would be bye-bye to Laveranues Coles as the Jets arn't going to move Cotchery to the slot, LC would be on the street or involved in the trade that would allow us to move up to target Johnson.

I don't know I'm just very wary of drafting WR's that high in the 2000's-maybe somebody could sell it to me but I think we have other more urgent priorities-remember this CS isn't afraid to play rookies-unlike the last one

Garbage?? why? did u watch him at all?? just wondering, unfortunately the past has shown that nowbody is a "can't miss", including Peterson

He is far from can't miss and most people including myself are weary of him because of the past products of that offense.

Garbage?? why? did u watch him at all?? just wondering, unfortunately the past has shown that nowbody is a "can't miss", including Peterson

Yeah, I've seen him play and I'm not at all impressed. His combine workout didn't help his stock either. No thanks on Lynch, I'll pass.

If the Jets intend to use the draft to find their workhorse I'll either take a trade up for Peterson or sit back and in Round 2 look at Kenny Irons, Antonio Pittman or somebody else who may spark the Jets' interest. Just, please, anybody but Tony Hunt.

Yeah, I've seen him play and I'm not at all impressed. His combine workout didn't help his stock either. No thanks on Lynch, I'll pass.

If the Jets intend to use the draft to find their workhorse I'll either take a trade up for Peterson or sit back and in Round 2 look at Kenny Irons, Antonio Pittman or somebody else who may spark the Jets' interest. Just, please, anybody but Tony Hunt.

Penn State RB's scare the **** out of me to this day thanks to Blair Thomas.

I agree 100% with the anybody but Tony Hunt part 124

I don't know I'm just very wary of drafting WR's that high in the 2000's-maybe somebody could sell it to me but I think we have other more urgent priorities-remember this CS isn't afraid to play rookies-unlike the last one

I know where you're coming from SFJ, but for this argument's sake, C. Johnson is head and shoulders above everyone in this draft.

If GT actually had a decent QB (Reggie Ball sucks balls) he'd have broken more than a few NCAA records.

I know where you're coming from SFJ, but for this argument's sake, C. Johnson is head and shoulders above everyone in this draft.

If GT actually had a decent QB (Reggie Ball sucks balls) he'd have broken more than a few NCAA records.

I'll look him up over at Bit and R44's site

WOW!!!! I've never seen a WR that looks like that-he reminds me of a RB the way he carries the ball-I sat here trying to think of who this guy reminds me of and I couldn't think of one guy-maybe Drew Pearson of Dallas fame or Lynn Swann-THAT good...WOW 6'5" 235 WOW!!!!

CJ is a true a game breaker and an instant mismatch for most defenses

and look at the trouble our main rivals have against the taller recievers Jerricho is becoming a Pats killer-his size against New Englands Smurf DB's has caused them headaches

WOW!!!! I've never seen a WR that looks like that-he reminds me of a RB the way he carries the ball-I sat here trying to think of who this guy reminds me of and I couldn't think of one guy-maybe Drew Pearson of Dallas fame or Lynn Swann-THAT good...WOW 6'5" 235 WOW!!!!

And he ran a great time at the combine. A lot of people didnt think he was that fast because he is tall and takes long strides. But he has great speed and soft hands.

Also what 4H said about him being a mismatch for defenses when he is on the field.

And he ran a great time at the combine. A lot of people didnt think he was that fast because he is tall and takes long strides. But he has great speed and soft hands.

Also what 4H said about him being a mismatch for defenses when he is on the field.

He could be the replacement tall WR we've been looking for since Keyshaun left-he can make the stretch catches-I'm telling you JC I can actually see us moving Coles this spring-his worth is way up there right now...

Gentlemen and WHO will throw the ball. I doubt any quality reciever coming out of college wants to play for the New York Jets who do posses a very weak armed qb.Now reread it weak armed I did not say I did not like him or that he was a bad qb.But weak armed he is.

There's no way this is happening if the target is Peterson. The Browns are dead set on him as the third pick and they would value Peterson over a guy who showed that he didn't fit the 3-4 system. I would most certainly, however, give up Coles and a pick to move up for Johnson. IMO, he's the BPA and surest thing in this draft. It would give Clemens one of the best, if not the best, tandems in the league in the near future. And if you can get it done for Coles and the first rounder, you still have two second-rounders to address your other holes. But they have to make sure he's there. I don't see it happening because they don't have a quarterback, but the Raiders, from what I have read, have not ruled out taking Johnson at #1, especially if they trade Moss and/or Porter. This is a draft day trade if Johnson is still there at the Bucs pick.

Gentlemen and WHO will throw the ball. I doubt any quality reciever coming out of college wants to play for the New York Jets who do posses a very weak armed qb.Now reread it weak armed I did not say I did not like him or that he was a bad qb.But weak armed he is.

you act like we're stuck with chad forever, this is his last year here. Wouldn't matter if we had chad throwing to him for a year as long as chad doesn't get him killed.

I would love to trade coles and a few picks to get this guy. I'm not a big coles fan, he whines too much and seems like too much of a "me" guy for the team.

Interesting observation considering the guy made a number of catches in the middle of the field where Pennington would leave him out to dry and get crunched by a defender. He may have said a few dumbish things but his performance on the field is what counts, and his performance clearly shows he is dedicated to winning.

Interesting observation considering the guy made a number of catches in the middle of the field where Pennington would leave him out to dry and get crunched by a defender. He may have said a few dumbish things but his performance on the field is what counts, and his performance clearly shows he is dedicated to winning.

He left for the money, he bitches about working hard. I don't like him, haven't since he left for the skins

We're talking about the draft, the team chooses the player not the other way around.

He left for the money, he bitches about working hard. I don't like him, haven't since he left for the skins

So the fact that he's repeatedly given up his body for the team and has had some great games for this team (remember Minnesota) is less important to you than what he might say off the field? Talk about nitpicking.

And yes he left for the money. Oh my god he's such a horrible person, I can't imagine any other athlete in the world doing that. Gimme a break.

Archived