Thomas's contract.

madmike1

Adalius Thomas' contract with the Patriots is worth $37.5 million.

He's signed through 2012 and gets $24 million in the first three years. Before free agency began, it had been reported that Thomas was looking for a three-year, $15 million deal that paid $10-12 million up front.

This is a bargain basement contract in this market. The fact that the Jets didn't make him turn down a better contract before he signed with NE is a complete joke.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a quote from him today:

Thomas said New England was his first stop and there was "no need to go anywhere else." He added that he and his agent, James "Bus" Cook, weren't interested in playing games throughout the process. "We knew what we were looking for," he said. Thomas noted that money was a factor in his decision, but it was not the only one. Having a chance to compete for championships was also important.

This is a COMPLETE bargain basement contract in this market. The fact that the Jets didn't make him turn down a better contract before he signed with NE is a complete joke.

Yes it does sound cheap in today's market so one could also look at it as maybe that's

all he is worth in today's market. And maybe that's why the Jets didn't go after him.

Remains to be seen who was right.

If the Jets had offered him a competitive contract and he had turned it down then fine. The thing that upsets me the most is that they didn't even make him an offer. The jets are an up and coming team and if they had offered him more money then NE did i think we would've at least had a fighters chance.

If the Jets had offered him a competitive contract and he had turned it down then fine. The thing that upsets me the most is that they didn't even make him an offer. The jets are an up and coming team and if they had offered him more money then NE did i think we would've at least had a fighters chance.

Did you miss the part where he didnt care? He wanted to be a Patriot... deal with it.

This is a COMPLETE bargain basement contract in this market. The fact that the Jets didn't make him turn down a better contract before he signed with NE is a complete joke.

What makes you think that he would turn down a better offer from the Jets.

madmike - The content of your posts makes me believe that you're a Pat's fan in disguise.

I think you have to realize that the Jets had no interest in him. They obviously have other plans.

If I were you I would put my faith in the Jets Front Office.

I think you have to realize that the Jets had no interest in him. They obviously have other plans.

If I were you I would put my faith in the Jets Front Office.

I'm supposed to have faith in a FO who according to you had no interest in the best FA available who would've been a PERFECT fit in the jets system and who signed for below market value?

You have NO IDEA how he would've responded to a better offer from the jets.

HE DIDNT WANT TO VISIT WITH ANOTHER TEAM!!!!

ARE YOU BLIND!!!!

Madmike, the Jets are not going to offer someone a multi million dollar contract without talking to the guy. He didnt want to come here and talk, end of story, deal with it.

I'm supposed to have faith in a FO who according to you had no interest in the best FA available who would've been a PERFECT fit in the jets system and who signed for below market value?

They had intrest in him, he didnt have intrest in playing for the NYJ obviously... get over it.

HE DIDNT WANT TO VISIT WITH ANOTHER TEAM!!!!

ARE YOU BLIND!!!!

Madmike, the Jets are not going to offer someone a multi million dollar contract without talking to the guy. He didnt want to come here and talk, end of story, deal with it.

How do you know what would've happened if they had made an attempt to get him to come here? You have no idea so stop talking like you do. They never made any attempt to sign him PERIOD.

WRONG. They made no attempt to sign him whatsoever.

Of course not, he didnt even come in to sit down and talk with Mangini.

What dont you understand about how this all works????

They arent going to just offer a guy tons of money without first meeting him, and him showing intrest in your team.

Of course not, he didnt even come in to sit down and talk with Mangini.

What dont you understand about how this all works????

They arent going to just offer a guy tons of money without first meeting him, and him showing intrest in your team.

YOU don't understand how it works. Players don't just show up for visits and say here i am. the team has to arrange it and they never made an attempt to do that.

YOU don't understand how it works. Players don't just show up for visits and say here i am. the team has to arrange it and they never made an attempt to do that.

Prove it, if you cant please stop making false claims and acting like you know.

Show me ONE report that the jets made any contact with his agent or tried to arrange a visit.

Show me one that says they didnt.

This FO is very hush hush on things, deal with it.

You have NO PROOF that the JETS didnt go after him, so until you do, cut the bull**** machine and stop your ranting with ZERO evidence.

Show me one that says they didnt.

This FO is very hush hush on things, deal with it.

You have NO PROOF that the JETS didnt go after him, so until you do, cut the bull**** machine and stop your ranting with ZERO evidence.

If the jets had made an effort to sign him there is NO DOUBT that we would know about it for the simple reason that they would want their fans to know that they at least tried to get him in here. No reports of that mean that they didn't even try.

If the jets had made an effort to sign him there is NO DOUBT that we would know about it for the simple reason that they would want their fans to know that they at least tried to get him in here. No reports of that mean that they didn't even try.

You dont know that and again you making **** up in your head, they dont care what you the fan think, they are worried about making a winning team.

Your claiming they care about us, this is the same team that never had an accurate depth chart the entire 06' season... lol

Until you actually know, just stop.

Lets put things in perspective here.

Since BB/Pioli took over in New England in 2000 they have made two big free agent signings. Colvin in 2003 and Thomas this year.

The Pats have been to 4 AFC Championship games and 3 Super Bowls since 2000.

That's a pretty good accomplishment considering they only signed two big name free agents.

You dont know that and again you making **** up in your head, they dont care what you the fan think, they are worried about making a winning team.

Your claiming they care about us, this is the same team that never had an accurate depth chart the entire 06' season... lol

Until you actually know, just stop.

No. I just know how NFL teams do business and you don't. If the jets had made an effort to sign thomas we'd know about it.

Lets put things in perspective here.

Since BB/Pioli took over in New England in 2000 they have made two big free agent signings. Colvin in 2003 and Thomas this year.

The Pats have been to 4 AFC Championship games and 3 Super Bowls since 2000.

That's a pretty good accomplishment considering they only signed two big name free agents.

When you are trying to make up group like the jets are you have to be more aggressive and thats what the FO doesn't seem to understand.

No. I just know how NFL teams do business and you don't. If the jets had made an effort to sign thomas we'd know about it.

Really?

Can you tell me what teams did make an effore, and give me a real source... not "John Smith reports the "team name" are interested in Thomas"

You are completely out of your mind if you think that Tangini didnt call up his agent and ask what he wanted, they were probobly told that he wanted to play in NE, or they were told that he wanted to much money to play in NY.

Id hate to break the news to you but your a fool if you think they didnt inquire about it.

Really?

Can you tell me what teams did make an effore, and give me a real source... not "John Smith reports the "team name" are interested in Thomas"

You are completely out of your mind if you think that Tangini didnt call up his agent and ask what he wanted, they were probobly told that he wanted to play in NE, or they were told that he wanted to much money to play in NY.

Id hate to break the news to you but your a fool if you think they didnt inquire about it.

Prove that they did. Guess what you can't. Either they didn't or they could give 2 craps about their fans and i choose to believe the former.

When you are trying to make up group like the jets are you have to be more aggressive and thats what the FO doesn't seem to understand.

The Pats and Jets are in entirely different positions when it comes to free agency.

The Pats have been a very good team over the last 6 seasons with BB/Pioli calling the shots.

The Jets are only in their 2nd season with a stable regime and are trying to make up for all the mistakes Herm and Bradway made.

Prove that they did. Guess what you can't. Either they didn't or they could give 2 craps about their fans and i choose to believe the former.

I choose that Tangini couldnt care less about you.

Your telling me they didnt ask his agent about him? Are you kidding??

Even if they had contacted and set up a meeting that is not the same as trying to sign him, hell they might have brought him in and knew the fit wasn't right and never offered him anything....we will never know, move on ....they need to build this team he was not the lone solution anyway

OH OH! LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY NEEDS A HUG OR A REACH AROUND DEPENDING ON THERE ORIENTATION OFCOURSE

Archived