Time to pack it in ladies and gentleman.

Matt39

It is not over. There are MAJOR problems. But the pitching is deep. They will get hot. The hitters are good. They will get hot.

i really hope you are right Max. I hate living in New Englad and being a NY fan! OY. the teasing is not any fun..

this is GREAT!!! We get to drag the lifeless carcass of the New York Yankees around the ring for 162 games!!!

We havent had a season like this since the 80s! And as long as we have Maxman and the rest of the Blind Homer Crew...we're gonna have ample amount of vitriol and plenty of smack flyin' around the Baseball Forum.

Fasten your seatbelts, its gonna be a rough ride.

I can just tell that its gonna get very ugly in here!

"Paging Mel Hall. Mel Hall, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Mel Hall."

"Paging Steve Sax. Steve Sax, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Steve Sax."

"Paging Steve Balboni. Steve Balboni, please pick up the whie courtesy phone. Steve Balboni."

"Paging Scott Sanderson. Scott Sanderson, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Scott Sanderson."

"Paging Steve Sax. Steve Sax, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Steve Sax."

"Paging Steve Balboni. Steve Balboni, please pick up the whie courtesy phone. Steve Balboni."

"Paging Scott Sanderson. Scott Sanderson, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Scott Sanderson."

Seriously, what do you think Pascual Perez is up to these days?

hehehe

what? Jack Clark is busy?

How about Steve Kemp?

And Kevin Maas? Lord knows I bought enough of his highly touted rookie cards...latter day comeback anyone?

And dont tell me Steve Howe wouldnt be a perfect fit in 2005!!!

Tom, I could do this all night

Me thinks that George is about to ax Torre...

And if that happens I will be a Devil Rays fan until he sells the team or dies....

No offense, but what's so great about Torre? he's been here 10 years. As a Yankee fan, gene Michael and Buck Showlater laid down the foundation; Steinbrenner's ample wallet supplied the mortar. Torre has been in the right palce at the right time. And as I've said before, please, tell me the great career in which Stottlemyre has rejuvenated, corrected or started. And that's as true with the mets as the yankees. None of the pitchers form the mets mid-1080s teams had a long career. And Stott has still been allowed to keep talking about his "let'em hit it" philosphy when anyone who looks at the stats knows long-term Ks are the way to pitch. Pettitte and Rivera were here in 1995. He got Gooden off being a striekout pitcher, Darling off that, Sid Fernandez off that. And they all fell off the planet. Mussina, Wells and Clemens have all blown him off and been their own coaches. How is it that known pitching talent comes to the Yanks-Benitez, Osuna, Weaver, Vasquez-and they start to suck. And good young pitchers-Westbrook, Lilly, Wickman, Brezobhan-those guys, Stott gives up.

It could just be time enough for both sides to move on. Torre's not the greatest manager, though he is a good manager of egos, including the owner's. But he's no Casey Stengel/Billy Martin/Whitey Herzog strategist. And he never has been .

Not starting Mussina after the rainout last year in the ALCS probably cost the Yanks the pennant, and his wearing out Rivera, Gordon and Quantrill didn't help. In fact, they're still feeling the effects of that.

Bottom line-this team may just suck. And who manager is is practically irrelevant.

Remind me to kick you in the face when you attempt to jump back on the Yankee bandwagon :lol::lol:

hey now, no need to be that way. Look, the Yanks may be declining but with a tv network this decline may not last more than just this year...Big Stein may shed some players, absorb the loss and go out and get the best mercenaries free agent money can buy. With YES in his corner Big Stein has enough resources to get rid of the dead weight...this decline may only be for this year.

Basically they must shed Giambi, B. Williams, posada, the bullpen, and maybe even a-rod who seems like he may not fit in with his fellow team mates.

LL

Rumbling now is that Cashman gets the boot, which is pretty ironic since he hasn't been behind most of the Yankees' sillier moves. And further, Gene Michael is getting some serious bank coin to run the show again. What ever-they have to stop having 2 "heads"-one in the Bronx, one in Tampa-making 2 seperate sets of contradictory decisions.

I'd love to jump back on the bandwagon, but I don't see it-this season anyway. even if they make a run,to hell with Boston. Don't see them beating the Angels or the Twins.

Gene Michael built the championship teams for the most part. Cash has done a bad job here. In fairness though it is not all on him. He pushed hard for Vlad, they ended up with Sheff. Not the most terrible replacement but you get the point.

But this pitching staff is on Cash. He pushed for Lilly getting traded and brought in Weaver. He turned Weaver into Kevin Brown. Cmon man.

Archived