Dolphins Expected to Sign Joey Porter

GimmeShelter

Probably not, and for good reason. Why would we possibly want to spend a large amount of money on the LB position right now? Unless we trade Vilma, we have no dire need to upgrade the position. We are better off using moeny we have available on a 3-4 DE, DT, RT, RG, and CB. LB is a luxury right now, we are not well off enough to spend money on luxuries.

Are you kidding? Hobson is not the pass-rusher this team so desperately needs on the other side of Thomas, and would probably be much more effective inside. Besides maybe a NT, a pass-rushing OLB is, IMO, our biggest need right now.

Dolphins | Team to sign Porter

Tue, 6 Mar 2007 06:32:52 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Miami Dolphins will sign free agent LB Joey Porter (Steelers) to a multi-year deal worth roughly $24 million Tuesday, March 6, according to WPXI-Channel 11. Porter will receive a signing bonus of roughly $12 million.

there it is

Are you kidding? Hobson is not the pass-rusher this team so desperately needs on the other side of Thomas, and would probably be much more effective inside. Besides maybe a NT, a pass-rushing OLB is, IMO, our biggest need right now.

Nobody is going to be a pass rushing OLB on this team until the DE/NG issue is resolved. Preferably with a legit NG who can move DRob to DE. Until then, I don't care if we have the reincarnation of Lawrence taylor, he's not gonna have alot of success.

They don't have 3-4 personnel... and this probably won't help them at all.

If they upgrade their Defensive Line (exactly what need to do) then they will have a very, very strong 34 defensive front.

I am well aware of their ages, but Porter has been a starter his entire career, while, until recently, Thomas was a role player on a VERY deep defense. Thomas has progressed and become an extremely versatile player (the most valuable trait to have IMO) who likely has not seen his peak. Joey has peaked and, thus, is in the decline of his career. He is still a great player, don't get me wrong, but Thomas clearly has the better upside at this juncture. Players like Thomas are rare, and when great football minds covet certain players, there is a reason. Ask Rex Ryan what he thinks of Thomas compared to Porter...

As for Welker being a poor man's Wayne is laughable. Wes stepped up this year with crap at QB and the rest of the WR corps in shambles. Wayne was never the return guy this kid is, and their receiving skills are similar. However, Wes will have Brady tossing the rock to him, and the best Wayne ever had was Vinny...Welker will easily surpass Wayne's credentials.

Wes stepepd up b/c Miami threw it 500 times and they had 2 QBs who couldn't read defenses and dumped the ball to Wes, wes averaged just 10 yds per rec.

As for his return ability, yeah he's better than Wayne but that doesn't say much. Welker is a below average return man. I don't know eher this Welker is a good return man stuff comes from, I heard Benigno today say he was "great" and he is not even close to good.

If you think Welker will surpass waybe then I can't help you. Wayne w/ a worse QB situation than Welker had in Miami his 1st 3 years puts Welker's #s to shame. The man has ONE TD!!!!!! in 3 years!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Archived