D. Bowens? HUH?

It sounds like we are going to have the guy signed shortly. My question is what the hell are we going to do with a 6' 3 265lb DE in a 3-4 D???????

If he could play OLB, why didn't the Dolphins use him at that spot?

Thoughts?

Well I think the Dolphins ran a 4-3 so he was playing RDE in the 4-3. Apparentley Dan Quinn loves this guy when he coached him at Miami. He is a versitile player who will most likely be moved to LB. I think Mangini is stacking up on big, fast linebackers and will continue to do so in the draft

It sounds like we are going to have the guy signed shortly. My question is what the hell are we going to do with a 6' 3 265lb DE in a 3-4 D???????

Thoughts?

I have read that if he signs with the Jets they intend to use him as OLB.

According to the Jets roster Brian Thomas is almost thesame stature at 6'4 and 266.

Obviously the new coach had a lot to do with convincing the FO to bring this guy in

for a look see.

He's 6'3, 265 so he would be a OLB in the 34 defense. He would most likely be the back-up to Hobson and come in on passing situations. Unless of course we still do trade away Vilma in which case Hobson would slide to the inside and Bowens would become the starter.

Thoughts?

He rushes the passer. Unlike anybody on last year's roster. Even if he's only in on 3rd and long he could be valuable.

He's 6'3, 265 so he would be a OLB in the 34 defense. He would most likely be the back-up to Hobson and come in on passing situations. Unless of course we still do trade away Vilma in which case Hobson would slide to the inside and Bowens would become the starter.

Actually, if they do not send away Vilma, I am positive this is what will happen. Hobson and Thomas are the starters. This guy comes in for Hobson on "obvious passing downs.

One other possibility. Hobson replaces Barton inside, and Thomas and Bowens are the starting OLB.

Actually, if they do not send away Vilma, I am positive this is what will happen. Hobson and Thomas are the starters. This guy comes in for Hobson on "obvious passing downs.

One other possibility. Hobson replaces Barton inside, and Thomas and Bowens are the starting OLB.

Which is what I just said minus you think of releasing / trading Barton instead of Vilma.;-)

Or they draft an OLB

I'm almost positive the Dolphins run a 4-3 defense. Taylor is a down lineman and would never be one in a 3-4. Bowens will probably be a nice backup OLB, but I don't expect this to be the solution to the pass-rushing problem last year.

I always thought Dolphins played 4-3 scheme but not lately. Dolphins and Jets were similar but Jets' defense base was 3-4 and Dolphins was 4-3. Dolphins used Bowen as OLB for 3-4 scheme which that was why Bowens never registered as a starter in the statistic.

Archived