We moved 26 spots lower so let us hope that we sign him to a deal or else the trade is voided.

He best be productive for moving 26 spots lower because who knows what type of player we're getting at 63 as opposed to 37.

We moved 26 spots lower so let us hope that we sign him to a deal or else the trade is voided.

He best be productive for moving 26 spots lower because who knows what type of player we're getting at 63 as opposed to 37.

Who knows? Exactly.

The Jets know what the got in Jones. RB is now off the to-do list. Jones, Washington and Houston. Not a bad unit. That is what I wanted all along a # 1 back.

This is a great move. The draft is a crap shoot and the Jets still have their 2nd round pick.

Oh, the rollercoaster of emotions that Jets fans go through.

Phrases like, "I can't believe we're not talking to anybody!", soon turn into "Man, the FO pulled that trade out of nowhere!" Posters that are crying that, "We're only talking to scrubs and JAGs" are now changing their tune since we just picked a bonafied starting runningback.

Tangini has said all along that they have a PLAN. Now that it is the "Morning After" step off the ledge and let them go through with it.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand how any Jets fan can be upset with this trade. If you look at the trade value chart, Thomas Jones is essentially a third round pick.

Pick 37 - 530 points

Pick 63 - 276 points

That's a difference of 254 points. The 67th. pick in the draft is worth 255 points. So I guess what it really comes down to is whether you feel Thomas Jones is worth a 3rd. round pick or not.

I bet after a little bit of thought the Bears wish they could take the morning after pill to make this all go away...

:baby:

No way, it was good for them too, they have Benson, and less of a cap hit. It worked out very well for both sides.

There's got to be a morning after

If we can hold on through the night

We have a chance to find the sunshine

Let's keep on lookin' for the light

Oh, can't you see the morning after

It's waiting right outside the storm

Why don't we cross the bridge together

And find a place that's safe and warm

It's not too late, we should be giving

Only with love can we climb

It's not too late, not while we're living

Let's put our hands out in time

We're moving closer to the shore

I know we'll be there by tomorrow

And we'll escape the darkness

We won't be searchin' any more

(There's got to be a morning after)

[Fade]

Great trade, this shows that Tangini isnt trying to re-build, they are trying to win it all NOW.

SO unless Clemens has a miracle offseason and gets better than Chad, this also means that Tangini also thinks thatb Chad Pennington can take them all the way.

:Banane43: Holy Jumpin Banana its a good day to be a JETS fan!

I dont understand how any Jet fan could not love this deal. Jones is a perfect RB for this system, runs between the tackles, has the burst to run outside, and can be a very effective saftey valve for Pennington in the short passing game. To be able to get him and not have to give up a pick outright is a huge part of this. Ill admit that I wanted either to trade for Turner or draft a younger guy, but for what we gave up there is no way I can feel dissapointed about this trade. Lets remember that while in Arizona, and in Tampa Jones wasnt getting a lot of carries. He didnt really get a big workload until he arrived in Chicago. So even though he might appear to getting up there in age, because of the relatively low milage on his legs, I would think he still has 3-4 very good years left

There'll be no strings to bind your hands

not if my love can't bind your heart.

And there's no need to take a stand

for it was I who chose to start.

I see no need to take me home,

I'm old enough to face the dawn.

Just call me angel of the morning ANGEL

just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby.

then slowly turn away from me.

Maybe the sun's light will be dim

and it won't matter anyhow.

If morning's echo says we ve sinned,

well, it was what I wanted now.

And if we're the victims of the night,

I won't be blinded by light.

then slowly turn away,

I won't beg you to stay with me

through the tears of the day,

of the years, baby baby baby.

I thought this thread was about sleeping over Max's house and waking up with a sore ass.

Anyway, it seems like a good trade. I'm not doing cartwheels over a 29 year old RB, but overall, there is not much to complain about.

I thought this thread was about sleeping over Max's house and waking up with a sore ass.

Anyway, it seems like a good trade. I'm not doing cartwheels over a 29 year old RB, but overall, there is not much to complain about.

LOL G-DNA is en fuego this week oh yea POTW nom

We got him for the value of a high 3rd round pick. no one got screwed.

we may have surredered the value of a high 3rd rd pick, but we were able to keep the picks we have. Id much rather give up the value than give up an actual pick

Damn.. when Thomas Jones Rushes For 1000 + next season.. everyone will have thomas jones in there sigs...stop complaining

so lets jus see how it works out when the season starts

Don't get ahead of yourself. Your O-line still needs some work for Jones to be effective.

Like said, we'll see what happens.

Curtis Martin throughout his latter years in a Jets uniform had to run against 8 or 9 in the box every play since nobody feared Chad Pennington and nobody fears Pennington today either. Thomas Jones will be running against plenty of 8 and 9 man fronts, lets see how he does.

I don't understand how any Jets fan can be upset with this trade. If you look at the trade value chart, Thomas Jones is essentially a third round pick.

Pick 37 - 530 points

Pick 63 - 276 points

That's a difference of 254 points. The 67th. pick in the draft is worth 255 points. So I guess what it really comes down to is whether you feel Thomas Jones is worth a 3rd. round pick or not.

i don't see it that way at all. the jets didn't have the 67th pick in the draft to trade. the value chart is used to determine realtive value of swapping picks.

the real difference is the value of the players available b/w 37 and 63. basically, there are 26 players that the jets won't be able to draft as a result of this trade.

if you look at the history of the draft relative position in the 2nd round is not nearly as important as scouting and selecting the right player. every year there are great players available late in the draft and busts at the top - scouting is much more important than where you pick.

Everyone I've ran into today thinks the Jets absolutely fleeced the Bears. The only place where I see people complaining about the trade is the internet.

The entire media and outside world thinks this is a great trade for the Jets. I agree with the masses.

i don't see it that way at all. the jets didn't have the 67th pick in the draft to trade. the value chart is used to determine realtive value of swapping picks.

the real difference is the value of the players available b/w 37 and 63. basically, there are 26 players that the jets won't be able to draft as a result of this trade.

if you look at the history of the draft relative position in the 2nd round is not nearly as important as scouting and selecting the right player. every year there are great players available late in the draft and busts at the top - scouting is much more important than where you pick.

If the Jets had (theoretically) traded down to the Bears' slot they'd be entitled to the compensation equal to the 67th pick. Now the Bears don't own that pick of course. But if they merely swapped 2nd-rounders with the Bears, on paper they'd be entitled to the Bears':

2nd-rounder (276)

3rd-rounder (120)

4th-rounder (45)

5th-rounder (28)

6th-rounder (15)

7th-rounder (2)

and a 3rd-rounder in 2008 (value of 4th-rounder this year; 45)

If the Jets had (theoretically) traded down to the Bears' slot they'd be entitled to the compensation equal to the 67th pick. Now the Bears don't own that pick of course. But if they merely swapped 2nd-rounders with the Bears, on paper they'd be entitled to the Bears':

2nd-rounder (276)

3rd-rounder (120)

4th-rounder (45)

5th-rounder (28)

6th-rounder (15)

7th-rounder (2)

and a 3rd-rounder in 2008 (value of 4th-rounder this year; 45)

ok, but in swapping individual picks on a 1 for 1 basis there are 26 players the jets will not have the opportunity to draft that the bears will.

using the draft value chart is a tool. according to the value chart it would have taken 1500 7th rd picks to trade up to #1. yet, for a league minimum contract the saints got marques colston. scouting is much more important than draft position. the trade isn't as good "value wise" as a lot of jet fans are making it out be. the real value will be on the field. if jones has 3 1200+ yd seasons as a jet than this is a great deal.

I don't care how many total yards he gets by himself. I want the Jets to get 2000 rushing yards total. I'd be more than satisfied if he got 950, Leon got 750, and Houston/others 300. I'd like to see over 4.1-4.2 yards per carry. Who cares if he gets 1200 yards if he needs 320 carries to get there?

He's a good player, but he'll need some help up front, at FB, and Baker's going to have to do a better job at blocking.

ok, but in swapping individual picks on a 1 for 1 basis there are 26 players the jets will not have the opportunity to draft that the bears will.

using the draft value chart is a tool. according to the value chart it would have taken 1500 7th rd picks to trade up to #1. yet, for a league minimum contract the saints got marques colston. scouting is much more important than draft position. the trade isn't as good "value wise" as a lot of jet fans are making it out be. the real value will be on the field. if jones has 3 1200+ yd seasons as a jet than this is a great deal.

so are you for or against it? :confused:

so are you for or against it? :confused:

i like the trade. now i really hope the jets find a way to get blalock in the draft to shore up the oline. with chad at QB the jets need a running game in the worst way, and with the pats in the division the jets need to get bigger up front on both sides of the ball.

I don't care how many total yards he gets by himself. I want the Jets to get 2000 rushing yards total. I'd be more than satisfied if he got 950, Leon got 750, and Houston/others 300. I'd like to see over 4.1-4.2 yards per carry. Who cares if he gets 1200 yards if he needs 320 carries to get there?

He's a good player, but he'll need some help up front, at FB, and Baker's going to have to do a better job at blocking.

Agree 100%. Especially with Baker, people forget how bad he is when it comes to blocking.