No Porter No A Thomas No Clements.....

Sir Speez

This is not an etirely fair post. Retrospect is easy man. Some of these guys were worth their contracts, relativly speaking, in my opinion.

I do think it is funny you guys question Jon E's financial motives; if only you knew his occupation...te,he,he...

unless he is a capologist or gm for an nfl team, it doesn't apply.

This is not an etirely fair post. Retrospect is easy man. Some of these guys were worth their contracts, relativly speaking, in my opinion.

I do think it is funny you guys question Jon E's financial motives; if only you knew his occupation...te,he,he...

I would just say two things:

1. It is entirely fair. Only one who was worth the money was Mawae.

2. Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.

Please kid

How do you know anyway......have we EVER broke the bank on a F/A?

I'd kinda like to know how it would play itself out

Please Kid (Im not a kid and you called me on... so right back atcha)

How do you know anyways.... we have broken the bank... and it doesnt get us anywhere

You need to learn to love the way mangini wants to build this team...

Instead of a few GREAT players... we will have 5,10 maybe even more really GOOD players... thats how you win it all... you need to draft the really great players and surround them with a bunch of good FA and Traded talent.

I would just say two things:

1. It is entirely fair. Only one who was worth the money was Mawae.

2. Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.

1. Fair enough I guess, as opinions you are allowed, but the book is still out on Penny and D-rob (Penny even restructured).

2. Agree, 100%. Complete ingnorance should not and will not be tolerated by the fans, but just b/c previous FO regimes have not been productive with HUGE signings does not mean our guys now would get it wrong. I get what you're saying, but it's all relative, man.

1. Fair enough I guess, as opinions you are allowed, but the book is still out on Penny and D-rob (Penny even restructured).

2. Agree, 100%. Complete ingnorance should not and will not be tolerated by the fans, but just b/c previous FO regimes have not been productive with HUGE signings does not mean our guys now would get it wrong. I get what you're saying, but it's all relative, man.

It's just that if we were going to break the bank on someone, let it be at the biggest glaring hole on the roster. Not an improvement from what already wasn't too bad. Doesn't make me right (and it's hardly my call in the FO).

Let's say a true stud 3-4 NT was out there (like anyone would let one go). THAT is a guy I'd break the bank on. Not just spend so we can see that money has been spent.

Whatever you spend on one position, you do not get to spend at a different position. The Jets can't just pay a luxury tax like the Yankees. You always have to pay the piper.

Some may complain we're not getting this or that star. First of all, there aren't that many "stars" out there to begin with. Second, the reason we can't is because we DID spend mega-bucks on just a few players. We have five players on the roster who received $15M+ in bonus money: Chad, Ellis, Martin, DRob, and D'Brick. That's like $85M in bonus $ handed out to just 5 players. The tab for Martin retiring will be a total of $10M in dead space by the time the dust settles, and most of that hasn't come off yet. It doesn't simply "go away" so quickly.

We are in VERY GOOD cap shape. Thing is, so are a lot of teams. The trick is to STAY in good to great cap shape without letting the team go to sh!t.

Nobody wants 5 star players, 5 other good ones, and 43 guys making the league minimum.

LOL no its not MadMike or anyone else posing lol...and yes i did see how much they got, but we didnt even try is what probably bothers me more...further looking into the Porter signing Mia didnt even give him a chance to visit anyone they just blew him away with their offer...reread my original post if nec i am not of the Doom and Gloom Ilk that MadMike belongs too lol

why even try if were not going to sign them. mangini wants the defence to get younger not older.

Archived