Jets could trade for 2nd pick

Jetme23

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw this:

"Meanwhile, there were unconfirmed rumors that the Jets were thinking of swapping their first pick, 25th overall, and a defensive starter, to the Lions for the second overall pick."

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070305/SPORTS01/703050373/1108

... just thought Id post it.

joe thomas??? brady quinn???

Just saw this:

"Meanwhile, there were unconfirmed rumors that the Jets were thinking of swapping their first pick, 25th overall, and a defensive starter, to the Lions for the second overall pick."

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070305/SPORTS01/703050373/1108

... just thought Id post it.

This is before we traded for Thomas Jones. If we were unable to get a deal done for TJ or sign Dillon or Jamal Lewis then we probably would've looked into it further to target Adrian Peterson. However, that is now off the table and the only guy I see the Jets could look to target in the Top 10/15 now is Alan Branch (DT/NT- Michigan), Gaines Adams (OLB-Clemson) or Chris Houston (CB-Arkansas). They would not have to go into the Top 5 for either of these guys, although one may be taken 5th by Arizona.

Calvin Johnson would look really, really nice on this offense.

Indeed he would be to get him you would say goodbye to Laveranues Coles, #25 overall and either Vilma or future picks. Somehow I don't think the Jets are willing to do that.

Indeed he would be to get him you would say goodbye to Laveranues Coles, #25 overall and either Vilma or future picks. Somehow I don't think the Jets are willing to do that.

Stranger things have happened. I once never thought the Jets would trade Keyshawn either.

sorry, maybe i should dumb it down for the connecticut-educated amongst us. chad can't throw deep. this isn't my personal critique. this is known league wide.

It's also boring and old.

Grow up.

The story says the #25 overall and a "defensive starter" presumably Vilma. I think I'd do it.

sorry, maybe i should dumb it down for the connecticut-educated amongst us. chad can't throw deep. this isn't my personal critique. this is known league wide.

Tall guys catch underthrows.

Tall guys catch underthrows.

and from the video over at DraftDaddy.com the guy made a living in college making Keyshawn-like circus catches...this guy looks like the best WR to come out of the draft since maybe Lynn Swann-he looks THAT good

It's also boring and old.

Grow up.

why are you such a total ass,,

seriously, not name calling, just a fact, you are a total dipstick and arrogant as hell to boot,,

chad cant throw deep,, it was a good comment when aquiring a stud deep threat,, quit being a dick..

This is before we traded for Thomas Jones. If we were unable to get a deal done for TJ or sign Dillon or Jamal Lewis then we probably would've looked into it further to target Adrian Peterson. However, that is now off the table and the only guy I see the Jets could look to target in the Top 10/15 now is Alan Branch (DT/NT- Michigan), Gaines Adams (OLB-Clemson) or Chris Houston (CB-Arkansas). They would not have to go into the Top 5 for either of these guys, although one may be taken 5th by Arizona.

Makes sense. I would LOVE to see Alan Branch in Green and White.

seriously, not name calling, just a fact, you are a total dipstick and arrogant as hell to boot,,

chad cant throw deep,, it was a good comment when aquiring a stud deep threat,, quit being a dick..

OK, I will act like a 5 year old and start turd threads instead.

Good point.

boring, old, true. synonyms, right?

grow up? why don't you drive through new haven with your doors unlocked.

OK, I will act like a 5 year old and start turd threads instead.

Good point.

Fellas, fellas....cool off.

You don't want me to go and wake up faba now, do you? You know how crabby he is when he's woken from his afternoon nap. He'll get the belt out!

you've got some weird whacko personal vendetta because we defended raleigh's school system. for a well educated man living in a $700k house you sure are insecure.

vendetta? I'm not the one who started personally attacking you.

anyway, calvin johnson would be a waste at this time imho. one of his main skills would be nullified by our qb's well publicized deficiencies. he'd be a great long term pickup but would be less of an immediate impact on the jets than he would for any team with a big armed qb.

POTW nomination

anyway, calvin johnson would be a waste at this time imho. one of his main skills would be nullified by our qb's well publicized deficiencies. he'd be a great long term pickup but would be less of an immediate impact on the jets than he would for any team with a big armed qb.
Hey Johnny ,what if we have Kellen out there ?? then calvin isn't such a bad pick after all eh? The kid can throw the deep ball and he has proven so in the college system he was running.

Hey Johnny ,what if we have Kellen out there ?? then calvin isn't such a bad pick after all eh? The kid can throw the deep ball and he has proven so in the college system he was running.

I think he is saying UNTIL we know Kellen can be legit its a lot to give up..

Fellas, fellas....cool off.

You don't want me to go and wake up faba now, do you? You know how crabby he is when he's woken from his afternoon nap. He'll get the belt out!

POTW nom (sorry Beans-but there have been a lot of good ones this week)

I disagree.

A player like Johnson makes an average QB look better. He can catch all the underthrows and jump balls. If it's one thing that Coles & Cotchery aren't, it's tall.

Archived