FB question...

NY Jets Guy

Anybody think of us using TJ Duckett as a FB?? NFL.com has him listed at 6-5, 255lbs... Askew was only 6-3, 233lbs.... :-k

If don't cancel Ducketts meeting on Wednesday, do you think that might be why? or are they just keeping it to help leverage T. Jones into a smaller contract?

Anybody think of us using TJ Duckett as a FB?? NFL.com has him listed at 6-5, 255lbs... Askew was only 6-3, 233lbs.... :-k

If don't cancel Ducketts meeting on Wednesday, do you think that might be why? or are they just keeping it to help leverage T. Jones into a smaller contract?

No. Duckett is a stiff.

as I just posted in the Kenyon Coleman thread don't rule out Jason Pociask who we drafted last year and who got hurt and missed the season-he's an "H" back-like Sean Ryan was playing last year.

I've brought that up too SF and I get the 3 headed stare. I haven't heard a thing about his rehab but he split time with Owen Daniels at Wisc and is a big framed kid. Anybody else heard anything about him?

as I just posted in the Kenyon Coleman thread don't rule out Jason Pociask who we drafted last year and who got hurt and missed the season-he's an "H" back-like Sean Ryan was playing last year.

I definitely agree. I remember hearing last year that it was the reason they drafted him. He supposedly is a pretty good blocker and has played some fullback in the past as well.

Actually I think it's an interesting idea. He's a good short-yardage back (or at least he was). What's funny to me is a year ago people here were advocating trading our 2nd-rounder, #35 in the draft, for TJ Duckett when it became apparent Martin wasn't coming back. Now they scoff at taking him as a FA for what is probably a cheap contract.

He may be able to play FB. I have no idea. Certainly got the size for it.

And he's a better short-yardage back than Houston, who sucks at almost everything.

I've brought that up too SF and I get the 3 headed stare. I haven't heard a thing about his rehab but he split time with Owen Daniels at Wisc and is a big framed kid. Anybody else heard anything about him?

could be a good question next time we have a beat reporter chat session

oh yea NJ how do you like the newest avatar?

why is everyone on this website enamered with a players size, just b/c you are under/over sized doesnt mean you can just switch positions, he would be an overpriced stiff who has never played the position before 0% chance this happens

he is not just big. The guy was a first round draft pick & is not at all untalented. Now 4 years later who cares where the hell he was drafted, but it's not the same as some shmo off the street who happens to be the same height & weight. He had 27 TD's in the 3 years prior to Gibbs getting his hands on him. I'd say that's a decent short-yardage back. Better than anyone we've got anyway.

Depends on how much he costs. I don't think he's got a dozen teams breaking his doors down.

he is not just big. The guy was a first round draft pick & is not at all untalented. Now 4 years later who cares where the hell he was drafted, but it's not the same as some shmo off the street who happens to be the same height & weight. He had 27 TD's in the 3 years prior to Gibbs getting his hands on him. I'd say that's a decent short-yardage back. Better than anyone we've got anyway.

Depends on how much he costs. I don't think he's got a dozen teams breaking his doors down.

Agreed 100%.

If it doesnt cost too much, he can really be an asset to this team. If it's not reasonable, we will make do with what we have.

I'd much rather draft a FB who can carry the ball short yardage then have a POS like duckett on the jets.

if you already have two good backs, then you dont need another HB in there like Duckett, you need someone who can plow though a linebacker and spring jones or washington. How good of a blocker is Duckett?

well, to be honest they could get both? couldn't they? its not really a question of one or the other.

i'm not very high on duckett. BUT...his value is at an all time low. he may sign for next to nothing. the market isn't all that big for him. if we could sign him for a good contract, why not? at the very least, bring him into camp and have him fight for a spot. nothing wrong with some competition.

well, to be honest they could get both? couldn't they? its not really a question of one or the other.

i'm not very high on duckett. BUT...his value is at an all time low. he may sign for next to nothing. the market isn't all that big for him. if we could sign him for a good contract, why not? at the very least, bring him into camp and have him fight for a spot. nothing wrong with some competition.

This is what I was saying. And it's likely what Tannenbaum is thinking.

Still want to grab McClain though.

This is what I was saying. And it's likely what Tannenbaum is thinking.

Still want to grab McClain though.

yeah, definitely. i was thinking about this guy the other day. what round would we have to take him in do you think? i was thinking 4th round, but we don't have a 4th rounder and our 5th is pretty low.

yeah, definitely. i was thinking about this guy the other day. what round would we have to take him in do you think? i was thinking 4th round, but we don't have a 4th rounder and our 5th is pretty low.

Blocking-only FB's are not usually in high demand. They usually don't get touched until round 6. We could probably get him with our 5th, but like you said - it's pretty low.

I wouldn't mind moving down from one of our 2nd-rounders a bit to pick up a 4th (e.g. swapping 2nd's with Indy if there's someone they're in love with 5 picks earlier in round 2) if Tannenbaum thinks McClain is going to go that early.

Is his value really that low and not getting inflated by the deals other backs are getting? I mean I know he did next to nothing last year, but I think some desperate team would pay him more than we would and he'd have more of a shot to play for them. I don't know much about his market value right now though.

Archived