What happened at jetsinsider?

GM

You have to be INSANE to pay 55 dollars a year, or 5.95 a month for what you get on that board?

You get a private message board. That basically achieves 2 goals.. 1) It kills the free one, because the few who move to the pay one will not post too often on the free one, and 2) It makes the pay one boring because only a handful of people will be there.

You get chats with Cannizfatso. YIPPEE. I never read his columns anyway, as Lange always has the best insight and columns.

You do get chats with Jets players, but knowing the person who runs that place, it will be controlled and he will take over the show. However, this does have the potential to be nice.

The other crap is just BS.

To me, I'm not paying 55 to chat with a player or 2 every now and again. I'm sorry. Couple that with their system being MUCH SLOWER than the other boards I go on. Today, for example, I couldn't get on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transcript:

Poster: That was a great tackle in the Pats game.

Player X: Yes, thank you.

Mark Canizzaro:, it was a great play. The coaching staff really like the progress Player X is making.

Pop-up Reminder-$55 pays your Netflix bill for 2 1/2 months, or 4 CDs or 3 books at Amazon.com. Click on the icons above. All this stuff for only $55 brought to you by JI!Now without service outages on game days-we hope.

NEXT!

Transcript:

Poster: That was a great tackle in the Pats game.

Player X: Yes, thank you.

Mark Canizzaro:, it was a great play. The coaching staff really like the progress Player X is making.

Pop-up Reminder-$55 pays your Netflix bill for 2 1/2 months, or 4 CDs or 3 books at Amazon.com. Click on the icons above. All this stuff for only $55 brought to you by JI!Now without service outages on game days-we hope.

NEXT!

Clikity clank, Clinkity clank...the money goes into my piggy bank.

I heard Sooth showed up today at Jets Camp in this Lamborghini

aa_murcielago_green2.jpg

Do you think Sooth has put a premium on sucking his a$$ yet, or does that come with the $55 package? Jetma err... gameface??

dang thats harsh

jman is a good guy, but i admit that what you have said has some accuracy to it. hes a fence walker....

Same vein-

Jackie Mason on Starbucks:

Starbucks is the best example of a phony status symbol that means nothing, but people will still pay 10 times as much for because there are French words all over the place.

You want coffee in a coffee shop, that's 60 cents. But at Starbucks, Cafe Latte: $3.50. Cafe Cremier: $4.50. Cafe Suisse: $9.50. For each French word, another four dollars.

Why does a little cream in coffee make it worth $3.50? Go into any coffee shop; they'll give you all the cream you want until you're blue in the face. Forty million people are walking around in coffee shops with jars of cream: "Here's all the cream you want!" And it's still 60 cents. You know why?

Because it's called "coffee."

If it's Cafe Latte -- $4.50. You want cinnamon in your coffee? Ask for cinnamon in a coffee shop; they'll give you all the cinnamon you want. Do they ask you for more money because it's cinnamon? It's the same price for cinnamon in your coffee as for coffee without cinnamon -- 60 cents, that's it. But not in Starbucks. Over there, it's Cinnamonnier - $9.50.

You want a refill in a regular coffee shop, they'll give you all the refills you want until you drop dead. You can come in when you're 27 and keep drinking coffee until you're 98. And they'll start begging you: "Here, you want more coffee, you want more, you want more?" Do you know that you can't get a refill at Starbucks? A refill is a dollar fifty. Two refills, $4.50. Three refills, $19.50.

So, for four cups of coffee - $350.

And it's burnt coffee.

It's burnt coffee at Starbucks, let's be honest about it. If you get burnt coffee in a coffee shop, you call a cop. You say, "It's the bottom of the pot. I don't drink from the bottom of the pot. But when it's burnt at Starbucks, they say, "Oh, it's a blend. It's a blend." It's a special bean from Argentina....."

The bean is in your head.

And there're no chairs in those Starbucks. Instead, they have these high stools. Did you ever see these stools? You haven't been on a chair that high since you were two. Seventy-three year old Jews are climbing and climbing to get to the top of the chair. And when they get to the top, they can't even drink the coffee because there's 12 people around one little table, and everybody's saying, "Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me".

Then they can't get off the chair.

Old Jews are begging Gentiles, "Mister, could you get me off this?"

Do you remember what a cafeteria was? In poor neighborhoods all over this country, they went to a cafeteria because there were no waiters and no service. And so poor people could save money on a tip. Cafeterias didn't have regular tables or chairs either. They gave coffee to you in a cardboard cup. So because of that you paid less for the coffee. You got less, so you paid less. It's all the same as Starbucks -- no chairs, no service, a cardboard cup for your coffee.

Except in Starbucks, the less you get, the more it costs. By the time they give you nothing, it's worth four times as much. Am I exaggerating?

>Did you ever try to buy a cookie in Starbucks? Buy a cookie in a regular coffee shop. You can tear down a building with that cookie. And the whole cookie is 60 cents. At Starbucks, you're going to have to hire a detective to find that cookie, and it's $9.50. And you can't put butter on it because they want extra. Do you know that if you buy a bagel, you pay extra for cream cheese in Starbucks? Cream cheese, another 60 cents. A knife to put it on, 32 cents. If it reaches the bagel, 48 cents. That bagel costs you $312. And they don't give you the butter or the cream cheese. They don't give it to you. They tell you where it is. "Oh, you want butter? It's over there. Cream cheese? Over here. Sugar? Sugar is here." Now you become your own waiter. You walk around with a tray. "I'll take the cookie. Where's the butter? The butter's here. Where's the cream cheese? The cream cheese is there." You walked around for an hour and a half selecting items, and then the guy at the cash register has a glass in front of him that says "Tips." You're waiting on tables for an hour, and you owe him money. Then there's a sign that says please clean it up when you're finished. They don't give you a waiter or a busboy. Now you've become the janitor. Now you have to start cleaning up the place.

>Old Jews are walking around cleaning up Starbucks. "Oh, he's got dirt too? Wait, I'll clean this up." They clean up the place for an hour and a half.

If I said to you, "I have a great idea for a business. I'll open a whole new type of a coffee shop. A whole new type. Instead of 60 cents for coffee I'll charge $2.50, $3.50, $4.50, and $5.50." "Not only that, I'll have no tables, no chairs, no water, no busboy, and you'll clean it up for 20 minutes after you're finished." Would you say to me, "That's the greatest idea for a business I ever heard! We can open a chain of these all over the world!" No, you would put me right into a sanitarium.

Starbucks can only get away with it because they have French titles for everything, NyukNyukNyuk bastard son-of-a-b!tches. And I say this with the highest respect, because I don't like to talk about people.

im with ya on the starbucks b/s. that coffee is gross anyway, taste like a cup of sugar. i prefer a teeny tiny cup of turkish, but where can you find that? in tampa?

JetNation.com will NEVER EVER charge for content as long as I have a pulse.

You have my word. No matter how much Shady Shane tries to rip you guys off, I will resist.

What about all the sexual favors that you keep demanding????

Of course not. To charge for content, you first need to have some content.

Under the precedent set early in the ball game by your boss Jon, you should be asked to step down as a JI mod because you've been "Spending a lot of time at the other board" and when you do and accept an offer AFTER you step down, be called as a$$hole for doing it. :shock:

Under the precedent set early in the ball game by your boss Jon, you should be asked to step down as a JI mod because you've been "Spending a lot of time at the other board" and when you do and accept an offer AFTER you step down, be called as a$$hole for doing it. :shock:

Did you kiss his ass and beg to stay?

$55 dollars for what?

A conversation with Mark Cannalardo?? YIPPY

He wont be tellin you guys anything inside that wont already be around the net.

Maybe if JI actually had the best jets beat writer on staff and a board that didnt go down more often than a crack whore you could understand people actually paying to read the "inside info".

Cannalardo following the Jets defeat of the Patriots on Monday Night Football

"Herm Edwards gave an emotional speech to the team in the lockeroom. We dont actually have a transcript of the speech. Curtis Martin showers with a showercap on and Chad Pennington likes to use Loreal Shampoo.......thats all folks, gotta run, cya next week for more inside the Jets information straight from the horses ass, I mean mouth"

I guess he gets away with it because he hides his online status from the posters...so nobody knows he's here.

But we see you ...don't worry about that.

Hmmm... they seem to have articles. They have a downloads section. They have a pictures section. And they have a chat room. That seems like content. And, you've got to remember, it takes awhile to build up content. They've been in business what? 5 months? They have a ton of content.

Besides that, I haven't seen any fantastic content on that "other" site you seem to keep going on and on about.

Hmmm... they seem to have articles. They have a downloads section. They have a pictures section. And they have a chat room. That seems like content. And, you've got to remember, it takes awhile to build up content. They've been in business what? 5 months? They have a ton of content.

Besides that, I haven't seen any fantastic content on that "other" site you seem to keep going on and on about.

Did you pay money and check the premium section?

I hear thats where they hide all the good stuff :lol:

Did you pay money and check the premium section?

I hear thats where they hide all the good stuff :lol:

Brotha... I haven't paid for a damn thing on the net, besides iTunes (and that's worth it, but another story), and I don't plan to now. Besides that, I'm not intrested in what a New York writer has to say. I'm from Detroit. I'd rather listen to what a YJF, or Ham, or Bit have to say about the team.

If they had articles up, anywhere, I'd go read them.

Besides, I don't wanna hear about certain people, and how they're all elitist and stuff... you know who I'm talking about :wink:

Did you kiss his a$$ and beg to stay?

NOPE. This is how a long time and dedicated JI member gets treated:

When JN debuted I, like MANY OTHERS, had grown slightly tired of the the influx of yout 12 year old idiots like Jetman55 (Creator of the 100 "LOL" posts every hour to boost the post count) who were really bringing the place down in the offseason. A lot of the fun had been missing so I decided that the internet was big enough, why not join JN and chit chat with those who had seemed to have left JI. I NEVER had any intention on bolting from JI whatsoever, I just was looking for more intelligent off season conversation away from the teens that had been plaguing JI at the time. I knew things would get better at JI once the offseason went on.

Next thing you know, I get asked to step down because I've been "spending a lot of time at the other board". To which I said, "Fair Enough, I can respect that", JI deserves a full time mod and my time, with a new daughter at home as well, had taken a big hit anyways so I said sure. Again, I planned on belonging to both and my departure as a mod was in no way meant as a slam against Sean or a decision to leave JI.

While the parties involved in the split were trading words, insults, accusations and IP bannings, I was silent, taking the respectful route and stayed out of it. I even ernt out of way to say that I wasn't getting involved and that the world was big enough for both boards.

I was then asked by Maxman and TomShane, who I consider friends, to help mod JN since I brought years of mod experience. They both understood that my posting time was lighter and never asked me to pick one board or the other, just for a hand. So I accepted.

Next thing you know, I'm getting emails from Sean saying my decision was a kick in the balls and a stab in the back to JI. Me, the #8 top poster at JI at the time, back-stabbing the site that I dedicated time, routinely contributed money to and assisted in setting up JI road trips.

There's TampaTOOL and the rest of the JI Hitler Youth who immediately declared anyone belonging to JN as "Sellouts" coming after me. Guys threatening to fight me (They all must want to have wanted to get their asses kicked). Ridiculous 10 year old sh*t. So here I sit months later.

I've never spoken of this the entire time here. I've never badmouthed JI or Sean and in reality, have never intended to permenantly leave JI. But after the past month and the sh*t I've read at JI and heard from some JI guys here I could care less anymore.

GET THIS - There are more important things in the world right now then god damn internet message boards and a lot of people, you Jon being one of them and your boss being the other, need to understand it. This split and the subsequent bullsh*t that has accompanied it is possibly the most ridiculous crap I've ever experienced.

Some people need to get a grip.

You are pathetic. Seriously, if you LOVE ji.com so much and love tossing salads why don't you just stay there instead of coming on our site to pollute our daily lives with stupid rants of how Paying for discussion is a great thing. Wait let me see...I owe you $2.42 for this message...hahahahaha

If I were Maxman, your ass would be banned from here for trying to fan the flames of hatred. Face it, you cried to get back on ji.com and now you are a bitch to them. By the way, judging from the picture that smizzy has of you, I am guessing you are a "catcher" in a prison bitch situation...

Sincerely,

LL

P.S. At one time I thought you were a nice guy, I was WAY off base there.

You are pathetic. Seriously, if you LOVE ji.com so much and love tossing salads why don't you just stay there instead of coming on our site to pollute our daily lives with stupid rants of how Paying for discussion is a great thing. Wait let me see...I owe you $2.42 for this message...hahahahaha

If I were Maxman, your a$$ would be banned from here for trying to fan the flames of hatred. Face it, you cried to get back on ji.com and now you are a b!tch to them. By the way, judging from the picture that smizzy has of you, I am guessing you are a "catcher" in a prison b!tch situation...

Sincerely,

LL

P.S. At one time I thought you were a nice guy, I was WAY off base there.

Aint that the truth!

gayface should hitch a ride and go back to JI for good!

Gameface is the JetNation ottoman. He's always here, but you rarely notice him until you trip over him. Damn furniture, hiding his user status like that. :lol:

He's been on here since 9:30...almost 3 hours on a second rate site.

Go figure.

Archived