What happened at jetsinsider?

GM

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

NOPE. This is how a long time and dedicated JI member gets treated:

When JN debuted I, like MANY OTHERS, had grown slightly tired of the the influx of yout 12 year old idiots like Jetman55 (Creator of the 100 "LOL" posts every hour to boost the post count) who were really bringing the place down in the offseason. A lot of the fun had been missing so I decided that the internet was big enough, why not join JN and chit chat with those who had seemed to have left JI. I NEVER had any intention on bolting from JI whatsoever, I just was looking for more intelligent off season conversation away from the teens that had been plaguing JI at the time. I knew things would get better at JI once the offseason went on.

Next thing you know, I get asked to step down because I've been "spending a lot of time at the other board". To which I said, "Fair Enough, I can respect that", JI deserves a full time mod and my time, with a new daughter at home as well, had taken a big hit anyways so I said sure. Again, I planned on belonging to both and my departure as a mod was in no way meant as a slam against Sean or a decision to leave JI.

While the parties involved in the split were trading words, insults, accusations and IP bannings, I was silent, taking the respectful route and stayed out of it. I even ernt out of way to say that I wasn't getting involved and that the world was big enough for both boards.

I was then asked by Maxman and TomShane, who I consider friends, to help mod JN since I brought years of mod experience. They both understood that my posting time was lighter and never asked me to pick one board or the other, just for a hand. So I accepted.

Next thing you know, I'm getting emails from Sean saying my decision was a kick in the balls and a stab in the back to JI. Me, the #8 top poster at JI at the time, back-stabbing the site that I dedicated time, routinely contributed money to and assisted in setting up JI road trips.

There's TampaTOOL and the rest of the JI Hitler Youth who immediately declared anyone belonging to JN as "Sellouts" coming after me. Guys threatening to fight me (They all must want to have wanted to get their asses kicked). Ridiculous 10 year old ****. So here I sit months later.

I've never spoken of this the entire time here. I've never badmouthed JI or Sean and in reality, have never intended to permenantly leave JI. But after the past month and the **** I've read at JI and heard from some JI guys here I could care less anymore.

GET THIS - There are more important things in the world right now then god damn internet message boards and a lot of people, you Jon being one of them and your boss being the other, need to understand it. This split and the subsequent bull**** that has accompanied it is possibly the most ridiculous crap I've ever experienced.

Some people need to get a grip.

Have you ever been at a funeral, and then you think of something funny, and you're trying real hard not to laugh, but the harder you try to get this funny thing out of your mind, the more you want to laugh?

That happened to me once at an AA meeting when somebody was sharing. I tried and tried to keep from laughing, but I had to get up and excuse myself. Thank God I wasn't chairing. This chick was going on and on, and really, her life story was tragic and all, but there was like, this guy who was clearly high on dope, was getting himself a cup of coffee, and I was staring at him, and while he's making the cup of coffee, I'm saying to myself I'll give him 3 steps and he spills that coffee all over the floor and Jeepers H. Crackers, if that isn't exactly what happened.

That's the same feeling I get when I go lurk over at JI.

I just start laughing uncontrollably, even though I know that it aint right, as IF I'm witnessing a funeral.

It's still holds true! :lol:

Has this happened yet?

No but for $55.00 you get really cool emails appologizing for player chats being cancelled for reasons beyond Soothy's control. (Translation, I never really booked the chats, but want you all to think you are getting some value for your 55 bucks.

No but for $55.00 you get really cool emails appologizing for player chats being cancelled for reasons beyond Soothy's control. (Translation, I never really booked the chats, but want you all to think you are getting some value for your 55 bucks.

Well worth the money IMHO. :bag:

• 6 months later...
speaking of being banned. I nominate Jetman67 to be unbanned. He may be a little crazy, but he just likes to have fun. I live with Jetman and know he can be annoying, but he means no harm to anyone except for patsy fans.

Well if reinstated you have his commitment to be a JN model citizen. Jetman promised if he breaks the rules he will go away forever.

Gameface67 has an awful lot of naughty comments in here from a while back. I don't know. we should have a kangaroo court decision on this. hmmmm. that gives me an idea.

:rl:

My would-be reply:

"He and Maxman moved to Massachusetts, where they could finally make their love official. Boozer was the priest and Smizzy the best man (apparently, those two got so caught up in the moment that they became engaged as well, although my sources tell me that Boozer has been less than faithful, and currently is having an affair with Garbanza, who I think is also a dude but am not sure). Tom Shane is currently working as a fluffer for the talent over at www.curiousaboutdudes.com and Maxman designs tampons...their new lives leave them virtually no time to post here anymore."

Poor Garbie. Even back in 2005 people were calling her a dude.

I love people who try to define what this site is after 8 weeks or so. 8 offseason weeks. Yeah lets label JetNation because we have off topic posts during the offseason. Please.

Right now we are the 3rd busiest Jets site as far as I can tell. (Out of the 7 or so that I know of).

Who is # 1? thegangreen.com is by far the busiest Jets site. It isn't even close right now. And I say good for Petro. A stand up guy. He offered me some advice when we started this board. Solid advice on how to make this thing last. It meant a lot because he doesn't know me and has no reason to hope that we suceed.

# 2 in terms of posts is JI. Then comes us. We are a lot closer to 2nd than JI is to first at this point.

So I stand here before you pretty damn proud of JetNation. Pretty damn proud of what we have accomplished here.

Most important of all I know what we have planned. And I know that big things are around the corner.

Long Live The Nation!!!

So where are these big plans you had? When do we turn the corner?

Ha, ha! By the way, have you ever wondered why A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, G, and H

the letters used to define bra sizes? It is about time you became informed!

{A} Almost Boobs.

{B} Barely there.

{C} Can't Complain!

{D} Dang!

{DD} Double dang!

{E} Enormous!

{F} Fake.

{G} Get a Reduction.

{H} Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up !

:bwahaharoll:

Rule number 1) do not think you "know" someone that you are only familar with via the web. These people are not your real friends. They are net-buddies. Sort of real - but not really. Personally, I beleive that until you can look someone in the eye and shake their hand - they should not be considered "friends"

Rule number 2) do not trust someone that you have never met and only know through the web. The web is a place where a "person" can be whatever they want to be and frequently not who they really are.

Follow the above and you should be okay.

poor jetsrule128. He's back to zero friends again.

Archived