O.T- Kentucky Derby Sat -state who you like?

faba

Bellamy Road trained by Zito, owned by SteinbrennerAssociated Press

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Nick Zito is ready for a memorable Kentucky Derby. Yankees boss George Steinbrenner could use a good day, too.

Bellamy Road, owned by the Boss and trained by Zito, was made the 5-2 favorite for Saturday's Derby based on his most recent runaway victory, a 17

any horse except steinbrenner's horse...I wanna see the Boss explode!!!!!

LL

And I think you will see it in spades if Bellamy Road screws da pooch. Georgie is pretty predictable and he's just coming off an end of the month check signing.

Oh yeah, Torre's toast if George's horse get embarrassed. I like Bandini, High Fly, and Afleet Alex. Noble Causeway, Greeley's Galaxy and Giacomo are the longshots. I'll have to figure out a way to put them all on a couple tickets. Can't be like those Chinese guys who spit out 27 different combinations as you get shut out standing behind them.

Oh yeah, Torre's toast if George's horse get embarrassed. I like Bandini, High Fly, and Afleet Alex. Noble Causeway, Greeley's Galaxy and Giacomo are the longshots. I'll have to figure out a way to put them all on a couple tickets. Can't be like those Chinese guys who spit out 27 different combinations as you get shut out standing behind them.

TMAC...call me I lost my cell phone with all my #'s...I need your again!!!! #-o

TMAC...call me I lost my cell phone with all my #'s...I need yours again!!!! #-o

Everyone looks for a reason to pick a longshot ... can't blame them because there is no real money in betting the chalk favorite ... but I believe Bellamy Road will win this race by no less than 3 lengths

That horse is a beast :wink: ... won the Wood by 17.5 lengths ... and I don't believe that was a fluke

I'm betting a few exacta's ... placing BR on top with a few longshots to run second

MY 5 EXACTAS {$20 each}

1. Bellamy Road {ON TOP}

====================

Sun King

Coin Silver

Nobel Causeway

High Fly

Going Wild

the race should come down to sun king, alex, bellamy rd, and bandini. i like bellamy rd, with bandini in the money.

i go to saratoga every summer, best track in the money. i still remember the 1st horse i ever bet on - ice digger - 44-1 shot, but a baddass name. led the whole race and died at the end.

i remember seeing jimmy the greek at the track - he actually gave me a winner when i asked him.

betting question..

picking a horse to show..50-1 odds..what is the payout..

10$ bet???

Bman

The payout is always dependent on what horse wins and places- impossible to know exact payout for the horse that shows without knowing those

50 to 1 if it comes in will always obviously get a big price though

I like playing exacta's myself

betting question..

picking a horse to show..50-1 odds..what is the payout..

10$ bet???

If you like this type of play, keep in mind that in last year's Derby the superfecta paid over $41G and that was with the first two beting choices one-two. There are three trainers of rank outsiders that know how to win this race. Lukas, Baffert and Zito all have horses that don't look great on paper but these guys have fooled us before. Pletcher is another who could win with his second string.

i still remember the 1st horse i ever bet on - ice digger - 44-1 shot, but a baddass name. led the whole race and died at the end.

FB, I once bet a horse at the trotters {meadowlands} that was off the board

As you probably know, the board only accounts for double-digits ... will only display as high as "99" {to 1} ... when it reaches that point you have no way of knowing how much higher than 99 it actually is, so that makes him an "off the board" longshot

Anyway, that horse went wire-to-wire :shock:

For the novice, that means he broke out of the gate in front and never relinquished the lead ... led all the way to the finish line, where he crossed in front

Well that's what my off the board longshot did that nite ... went wire-to-wire ... and he paid something like $360 to Win {180-to-1}, which remains a track record till this day to the best of my knowledge, and that was over 15 Years ago

PS. I know it was a track record because it was in the newspaper the next day ... "Track Record at Meadowlands"

FB, I once bet a horse at the trotters {meadowlands} that was off the board

As you probably know, the board only accounts for double-digits ... will only display as high as "99" {to 1} ... when it reaches that point you have no way of knowing how much higher than 99 it actually is, so that makes him an "off the board" longshot

Anyway, that horse went wire-to-wire :shock:

For the novice, that means he broke out of the gate in front and never relinquished the lead ... led all the way to the finish line, where he crossed in front

Well that's what my off the board longshot did that nite ... went wire-to-wire ... and he paid something like $360 to Win {180-to-1}, which remains a track record till this day to the best of my knowledge, and that was over 15 Years ago

PS. I know it was a track record because it was in the newspaper the next day ... "Track Record at Meadowlands"

GJ & Ham

You ever been down to Monmouth Park- real nice track to see and watch horse racing. I go a couple of times a year -started way back when I was a teenager going with my father. I usually do pretty good there - It helps knowing a lot of the good jockeys and trainers there.

GJ & Ham

You ever been down to Monmouth Park- real nice track to see and watch horse racing. I go a couple of times a year -started way back when I was a teenager going with my father. I usually do pretty good there - It helps knowing a lot of the good jockeys and trainers there.

Never been out there, faba, but my parents used to go all the time ... and they loved it

If I could be like one of those Chinamen I might've had a big score. I don't bet longshots WPS so missed out on Giacomo. Mark it down: Afleet Alex wins the Preakness.

The unfortunate thing about the Derby with so many horses running it is hard to gauge the truly best horse. The best horse many times will not win. Preakness will be interesting because we will get a better perspective on how good some of these horses are

Archived