TJ Duckett signs with Detroit

Cotch-Rocket

Per ROTOWORLD:

Report: Lions sign Duckett to one-year deal

right_corner_player_news.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Lions have reached agreement with T.J. Duckett on a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

This gives Detroit some leverage to move Tatum Bell, although the club's current asking price is reportedly a second-round pick, so that'll need to be lowered if the Lions truly hope to move him. Duckett will be a threat to steal short-yardage carries from whomever starts at running back for the Lions in 2007, but likely require an injury to make any fantasy impact. Mar. 9 - 9:33 pm et

The Lions seem like a team that is addressing all of their needs through FA/trades so they can draft and groom Brady Quinn. They got an O-lineman, two RBs, and now their biggest hole for the future is QB. Unless they draft Calvin Johnson, which they would never do (I think), I think Quinn is their pick.

Kevin Jones & T.J. Duckett is a very good one-two punch. I don't see Tatum Bell sticking in Detroit but if he does he'll be a decent back-up to the oft-injured Jones.

They are talking like Kevin Jones might miss this upcoming season with this foot injury.

Archived