Our OL

MSGold12

Regardless of the Smith signing, I do not think we are done wiht the OL. Smith is a nice player to have but I dont want to be relying on either him or A Jones to be ur RT. Id rather they re-sign Clement.

But IMO the OL is going to lok VERY different this year.

I think Adrien Clarke is going to win a starting OG job. This is a gy who coming out of OSU had the size and pedigree to be a very good NFL player. He played quite wll in Philly before getting hurt. At 330, if we can get him into shape, he is the roadgrater we have craved at RG. I also thin Moore could be groomed to take over LG for Kendall. Kendall is a nice player but having a 285 pound finesse LG lining up next to a finesse LT is not a great fit. And Moore played much better at LG when he was there then he has at RG. I also think we are going to use a first day pick on a big 320+ RT...probably in the 3rd. RTs come along every year. They are usually big college LTs who dont have the athletic ability to make the transition to the pros on the left side...so they shifted (see jason Fabini). NE grabbed one in rd 5 last year and he started the entire year. So I forsee our OL looking like this sooner rather then later...

Brick---Moore---Mangold---Clarke---Draft pick

That line would be young, inexpensive, and signed for the next 3-5 years giving us talent, cap space, and continuity.

I mean I liked Marc Colombo and all but 3.5 a year for him???? Thats nuts. We can find a better player in the draft.

Regardless of the Smith signing, I do not think we are done wiht the OL. Smith is a nice player to have but I dont want to be relying on either him or A Jones to be ur RT. Id rather they re-sign Clement.

But IMO the OL is going to lok VERY different this year.

I think Adrien Clarke is going to win a starting OG job. This is a gy who coming out of OSU had the size and pedigree to be a very good NFL player. He played quite wll in Philly before getting hurt. At 330, if we can get him into shape, he is the roadgrater we have craved at RG. I also thin Moore could be groomed to take over LG for Kendall. Kendall is a nice player but having a 285 pound finesse LG lining up next to a finesse LT is not a great fit. And Moore played much better at LG when he was there then he has at RG. I also think we are going to use a first day pick on a big 320+ RT...probably in the 3rd. RTs come along every year. They are usually big college LTs who dont have the athletic ability to make the transition to the pros on the left side...so they shifted (see jason Fabini). NE grabbed one in rd 5 last year and he started the entire year. So I forsee our OL looking like this sooner rather then later...

Brick---Moore---Mangold---Clarke---Draft pick

That line would be young, inexpensive, and signed for the next 3-5 years giving us talent, cap space, and continuity.

I mean I liked Marc Colombo and all but 3.5 a year for him???? Thats nuts. We can find a better player in the draft.

You know, there wasn't alot of love for Moore and Clement during the season. But after the smoke cleared, and we looked back to reflect, they didn't do a bad job. Pennington made it through his 17 games, so that is definitely one thing all the linemen can put on their resume.

The Jets had a rebound last year from the 2005 disaster, for several reasons:

1. New coaching staff

2. New O-line/healthy O-line

3. Contributions of the rookie draft class

4. Pennington, obviously

5. Cotchery, Rhodes and Bryan Thomas emerge (point number 1 again, as well)

I can't help but think that the Jets are going to draft 3 or 4 players this year that will contribute right away. Linemen, both offense and defense, are the usual suspects. I'll be shocked if the Jets dont take one of each with the first 3 picks, and a CB for the trifecta.

You know, there wasn't alot of love for Moore and Clement during the season. But after the smoke cleared, and we looked back to reflect, they didn't do a bad job. Pennington made it through his 17 games, so that is definitely one thing all the linemen can put on their resume.

The Jets had a rebound last year from the 2005 disaster, for several reasons:

1. New coaching staff

2. New O-line/healthy O-line

3. Contributions of the rookie draft class

4. Pennington, obviously

5. Cotchery, Rhodes and Bryan Thomas emerge (point number 1 again, as well)

I can't help but think that the Jets are going to draft 3 or 4 players this year that will contribute right away. Linemen, both offense and defense, are the usual suspects. I'll be shocked if the Jets dont take one of each with the first 3 picks, and a CB for the trifecta.

Clement is a solid player, but the thing is he frustrates the HECK out of you because the man is a monster, 6'7 330+ pounds yet doesnt road grade defenders. The guy has teh tools to be really good, but he's just okay.

Brandon Moore is another fine player, the problem is he looks like a turnstile way too often when defenses blitz his gaps.

Archived