Im actually thinking that we may have an Offense power-house

Call me crazy but I was just thinking, and I was like damn... I really cant remember the last time that we had an EXPLOSIVE offense. Now thinking about it, this is not Herm ball this is turning into a mangini type offensive system. Just knowing that he has learned from the best (BB,BP) im really starting to feel that this Jets team is going to put some points on the board for years to come.

We are young but at the same time we have alot of veterans on the offensive side of the ball but I always keep in mind that the draft has yet to come.

We have young players who are turning into Playmakers.

Cotchery... Maybe Herm keeping this kid who set all types of recieving records at NC State including records of T.Holt who has become a HOF WR in the dog house was a good think for Jericho. In my eyes I see a player who is not scared, who is humble, hungry and a desire to win... Cotchery is only going to benefit from having Coles who is tough as nails with a desire to win lineing up on the other side. His day will come, we will be a #1 wr.

Mangold... Man when we lost Kevin as our Center... I had no hope for last years season... When we drafted Mangold I was like who? Man this kid is hungry... He is the run blocking animal that this Jets franchise needs really needs.

Im running out of time, srry... but We have alot of play-makers... I feel we have the top 5-6 backfield with Jones and Washington and I feel we have the top 3-4 1-2 punch at WR with Coles and Cotch

Mangold- Run blocking center who is years behond his age... Rookie of the year in my eyes

Ferguson- Still real young and I think he will only improve in the run game, but I already see the skill in this man, he is going to be a great Pass blocking LT in the NFL for years to come, and im proud that we can say we have a Franchise LT in Ferguson.

Cotchery... This kid broke all of T.Holt's records at NC State... Mangini gave this man a shot at playing and what do you know? It looks like we have one hell of a WR

B.Smith... Who knows??? I know one thing... He can make things happen when used in the right way... Reverses, HB Pass, Screen, Line up as the QB and run... Line up as the QB and pass... We can call him slash... We got to cute with some of the things we did with him last season, its the coaching staff's responsibility to use him in the right way.

L.Washington... Man im a huge FSU fan... I use to love W.Dunn, but I always knew he would never be an every down back... When we drafted him in the 2nd day in round 4, I was like WOW... We got the steal of the draft. Former ACC Player of the year for a reason... He can be used in so many ways its not even funny. ANd with a running back like T.Jones who is a hard runner, strong in bad weather games and is simply the perfect back for Leon to run behind. Im glad we have him... He is different.

And we have some Veteran players to help lead this young Jets Offense in the right direction...

T.Jones... Look at what the bear fans are saying.

L.Coles... He is a WR you want on your team... May have a big mouth but this man is going to down as one of the best WR's to even play in the Green and White.

C.Pennington... Say what you wanna say... But Chad to Coles, Chad to Cotchery may get a whole lot more productive this year.

C.Baker who may now sneak into situations for big plays for the simple fact this Jets team is going to have ALOT of Options each play, and each drive. He may not be A.Gates but we all know if used right he can be productive in this system.

J.McCareins... May really only be a Red-Zone type WR... He needs to step it up as the #3 or 4 WR if not we must get something from him.

AND THE DRAFT IS STILL YET TO COME!

I hate to piss on your morning cereal vision, but there's no chance of the Jets being

1. An offensive power house

2. An explosive offense

Why? Because Chad Pennington is our QB. When you need a 12 play 5 minute drive every time to put 6 points on the board because the whole offense is hinged upon short area passes based on "accuracy and timing", you will never have an explosive offense or an offensive power house.

I hate to piss on your morning cereal vision, but there's no chance of the Jets being

2. An explosive offense

Why? Because Chad Pennington is our QB. When you need a 12 play 5 minute drive every time to put 6 points on the board because the whole offense is hinged upon short area passes based on "accuracy and timing", you will never have an explosive offense or an offensive power house.

:yawn: - same story different thread...

Vilma said yesterday he thinks Chad is a superbowl QB, Mangini likes him and wants him to be the starter.... jump on board Barton!

2. An explosive offense

Give the man a break... Did you think he would come back from injury yet again and play the way he played? No... Yea he had some bad games but he also had some real good games... Chad can throw for over 300 yards in a game, it's up to the players around him and on the Defensive side of the ball to help bring the W to the Jets. Chad is only one man. I bet Barton... I bet you were one of the same posters last seasons saying the Jets would not make the playoffs with Chad... Im glad he proved you wrong.

Im not saying Chad is the best QB in the NFL... But he is no R.Grossman... Last year was his first year in the system, bu yet we won 10 games and made the playoffs.

:yawn: - same story different thread...

Vilma said yesterday he thinks Chad is a superbowl QB, Mangini likes him and wants him to be the starter.... jump on board Barton!

What I said was fact. Its just the way this offense operates under Chad. It'll never be an explosive offense - never. When you live and die by the short passes and long extended drives, you'll never be consistent enough or explosive enough to have a top ranked offense or being an offensive "power house"

You keep saying Mangini wants him to be the starter - sorry you do not know that. Stop trying to pass that off as fact, it is not. Saying he's the starter going into camp, doesnt mean he said he'll be the starter heading out of camp. Snap into reality please. Stop hitting the CHL buddy.

Just an FYI,it was Marshall Faulk who said that,not Vilma.

Wasnt it Faulk interviewing Vilma?

- and Barton

If Mangini didnt want Pennington to be his starter, why the hell would he go into camp with him as the #1 guy? That means that he is the starter for 2007 unless someone beats him out, its his job to lose, he will get more rep, he will be treated like the starter he is.

Mangini wants Chad to be the starter, thats why he kept him on top of the depth chart and didnt have another open competition, it is a fact, your just too high on Clemenage to see it.

Wasnt it Faulk interviewing Vilma?

- and Barton

If Mangini didnt want Pennington to be his starter, why the hell would he go into camp with him as the #1 guy? That means that he is the starter for 2007 unless someone beats him out, its his job to lose, he will get more rep, he will be treated like the starter he is.

Mangini wants Chad to be the starter, thats why he kept him on top of the depth chart and didnt have another open competition, it is a fact, your just too high on Clemenage to see it.

Right. Mangini didnt draft Clemens or anything. Nah, Chads is his long term guy. Yup.

Right. Mangini didnt draft Clemens or anything. Nah, Chads is his long term guy. Yup.

Taking a QB in the 2nd round shows that you still have faith in your current QB being the guy, otherwise you take a sure starter with that early 1st rounder. He obviously thought Chad still has something left in his tank and wanted more of a project QB.

QB's have tanked before and they will again, just becuase Mangini drafted him doesnt mean he is Mangini's long term plan.

Your on the losing end of the battle here Barton... Chad proved you wrong last year, he is on track to prove you wrong this year... then what will you say? Becuase in 05' - 06' you thought Chad wasnt the "long term solution" but if he does well in 07' that means that going into the 08' 09' season Chad will still be on top of the depth chart... would you call that long term?

Taking a QB in the 2nd round shows that you still have faith in your current QB being the guy, otherwise you take a sure starter with that early 1st rounder. He obviously thought Chad still has something left in his tank and wanted more of a project QB.

QB's have tanked before and they will again, just becuase Mangini drafted him doesnt mean he is Mangini's long term plan.

Your on the losing end of the battle here Barton... Chad proved you wrong last year, he is on track to prove you wrong this year... then what will you say? Becuase in 05' - 06' you thought Chad wasnt the "long term solution" but if he does well in 07' that means that going into the 08' 09' season Chad will still be on top of the depth chart... would you call that long term?

LMFAO thats the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. You are a true chad homer.

And Clemens might not BE the long term answer, but he'll definetly get his chance to be the long term answer. Just deal with it.

LMFAO thats the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. You are a true chad homer.

And Clemens might not BE the long term answer, but he'll definetly get his chance to be the long term answer. Just deal with it.

Ill deal with it when he deserves it, as of now he has not proven he can be a starting NFL QB for the NYJ, Chad has, deal with that.

It all lies on Pennington. I think that if he can perform at a level slightly higher than last year, we can have a great, great offense. Otherwise, he's crippling our offense, and significantly. His weak arm that causes him to float throws, even the swing passes, his ignorant decisions (see: vs. Chicago, Urlacher INT), etc. If he can stop floating the ball (maybe that full offseason of recovery makes that significant of an impact?) and gets his head in the game, but I doubt it.

Yes, after not taking a snap in his rookie season, Kellen Clemens = Browning Nagle.

And, after throwing 48 touchdowns and 40 interceptions since 2002 (Jake Plummer - 71 TDs, 47 INTs over same time period), Chad Pennngton = great QB.

I don't know what's more annoying: Chad Pennington's inconsistencies and serious flaws, or his ignorantly sarcastic fanboys?

I'm stumped. Whichever takes the gold - the silver just missed by a smidge.

2. An explosive offense

if chad were to play the way he did in '02 with this team we could maybe be a top 5 offense at best

...but that aint happenin

and the lack of a proven backup...hmm i love that everyone wants to bench chad, but we need to have an actual replacement...hopefully kc is the guy

and thats my point that we need to see if KC is our guy or not. if not we need to draft somebody else. next year going into his senior year in miami my favourite QB is kyle wright. he has a strong arm and can make all the throws

Archived