Jets First pick in the draft - offense or defense?

faba

I would like to see opinions out there-say all players being being equal which side of the ball would you want the Jets to go?

Myself I am a defense oriented guy so I saw beef up the defense which can keep you in games with a good defense .

I would like to see opinions out there-say all players being being equal which side of the ball would you want the Jets to go?

Myself I am a defense oriented guy so I saw beef up the defense which can keep you in games with a good defense .

Even though I'm a defensive guy myself,I would have to go with Offense this year in the early rounds and then defense in the later rounds.Only because our D last year wasn't that bad (Run Stopping aside) to me it was our offense that was very limited.

I think it depends on who the best guy is out there at the time.

I would have no problem with the Jets drafting an OL to improve the right side of the line.

They could also use a pass rusher a DE and a CB.

If the Jets would able to get someone in the first round that could fill a spot in those areas I would be a very happy camper.

I think it depends on who the best guy is out there at the time.

I would have no problem with the Jets drafting an OL to improve the right side of the line.

They could also use a pass rusher a DE and a CB.

If the Jets would able to get someone in the first round that could fill a spot in those areas I would be a very happy camper.

I think pick one is BPA.

The second two picks will be CB/RT unless the first pick's BPA happens to be one of those two positions.

I think pick one is BPA.

The second two picks will be CB/RT unless the first pick's BPA happens to be one of those two positions.

I think they go into it trying to take the BPA through the entire draft... now of course it is the BPA who fits into their plans, their schemes, their type of player...

Brad Smith is a good late round example of taking the player with the most talent...

it should be Darrelle Revis

Because he ran a sub-4.4 40 at his pro day last week, Revis is not likely to be there at #25. He was already a highly regarded CB prospect and he is also a good punt returner. In fact, if he is there then I bet the Pats take him at #24.

I think the Jets should go defense with the first pick. I think their best choices will be either CB Aaron Ross or tweeners (OLB for the Jets) Anthony Spencer and Jarvis Moss.

The best DL prospects will be gone: Carriker, Branch, Anderson, Okoye.

The top three CB propects will be gone: Hall, Houston, Revis.

Hopefully none of them are related to Ahmed Carrol. I"m all for blalock

I'm one of the few not for Blalock unelss he is going be suiting up at RT. RG is set with Brandon Moore. He is young and he is not as bad as a handful of people from this board make him out to be. He's a very serviceable / good RG and we need a RT, nothing more.

I agree about the bpa selection, but with that you have to remember that some drafts are going to be deeper at certain positions. So, that being said you need to look at the drop off from one position to the next. I know that we just signed Jones, but what if Lynch falls to us. Great value for a position we just strengthened. I personal wouldn't sign Lynch, but these are the type of decisions that the front office has to look at. All things being even I say go for Blalock. If not available go with Mecham. If he is gone also then go the best remaining CB.

Revis MAY be there, you never know and if not there is still Aaron Ross & Marcus McCauley.

Yup. Revis may be there but I dont think so because he is so highly regarded, he returns punts and he is very fast.

But I agree that if Ross is there then he is the best CB to pick. Personally, I'm hoping for Jarvis Moss - he's riskier than the rest but if he works out then the Jets have themselves a defensive beast; someone scary. As presently constituted there is no one scary on the Jets defense. Scary to the other team, I mean.

I'm one of the few not for Blalock unelss he is going be suiting up at RT. RG is set with Brandon Moore. He is young and he is not as bad as a handful of people from this board make him out to be. He's a very serviceable / good RG and we need a RT, nothing more.

i hope your kidding. Moore is horrible

Archived