Penny&theJets Mock Draft Rounds 1-3

Clemens&theJets

#25. Darrelle Revis CB: he was looking to be the 1st CB takin in the draft but his Stock has dropped lately and would be a steal at 25.

#59. Quentin Moses DE/OLB: his stock has dropped massivley as well. he was once a top 20 lock but has fallen for some reason. he would as so be a steal at this spot. he stuggled last year but i think he could thrive in the 3-4

#63. Jason Hill WR: this kids stock is raising fast. He is a speed but physical WR and that is just what we need.

#89. Manny Ramirez OG: He is a beast. he can bench 550 and is a huge road-grader OG and that is what this O-Line lacks.

yes i know my mock is almost the same as www.nfldraftcountdown.com

feedback of any sort is welcome.

#25. Darrelle Revis CB: he was looking to be the 1st CB takin in the draft but his Stock has dropped lately and would be a steal at 25.

#59. Quentin Moses DE/OLB: his stock has dropped massivley as well. he was once a top 20 lock but has fallen for some reason. he would as so be a steal at this spot. he stuggled last year but i think he could thrive in the 3-4

#63. Jason Hill WR: this kids stock is raising fast. He is a speed but physical WR and that is just what we need.

#89. Manny Ramirez OG: He is a beast. he can bench 550 and is a huge road-grader OG and that is what this O-Line lacks.

Except for Hill, its unlikely that any of these guys will be there in the rounds and at the spots you suggest. I would be thrilled, though, if it worked out this way - except for Hill, dunno much about him.

Revis is one of a couple of guys who seem like a good fit for us in terms of need, talent, and availability at #25. Like CoachT, though, I'm always wary of first-round CB's. I prefer linemen until that part of the team is all set. If it takes 2-3 years for a CB to come into his own, then why are we not affording Miller that same time-frame that we would (apparently) blindly give to an unknown? But I wouldn't start breaking stuff if Revis was our pick. At least you didn't have us taking a friggin' soft TE.

Moses' stock dropped b/c he's got a lot of John Abraham in him from the neck up. Lots of upside, but following up a lousy senior campaign with a lousy combine doesn't speak well of the kid. It could happen, but I my gut tells me Tangini wouldn't touch him.

Ramirez is unlikely to last to one of the final day-one picks. You say he's a beast & a road-grader. I agree. So will the GM's of a couple dozen other teams. Our 3rd-rounder is almost a day-two pick. So unless you think Ramirez is likely to fall to round 4 (picks #97+), he's not really any more likely to fall to pick #89.

Better to take Ramirez with a late 2nd-rounder instead of a WR who we hope will become third on the depth chart. Coles & Cotchery are both locked up for big money & are too expensive to let go before '09. I don't want to draft a 2nd-round WR to sit on the bench for the better part of 2 seasons. If you think Ramirez could step in right now, don't get too cute with it & reach for a WR whose stock just jumped up over the past 3 weeks.

Revis is one of a couple of guys who seem like a good fit for us in terms of need, talent, and availability at #25. Like CoachT, though, I'm always wary of first-round CB's. I prefer linemen until that part of the team is all set. If it takes 2-3 years for a CB to come into his own, then why are we not affording Miller that same time-frame that we would (apparently) blindly give to an unknown? But I wouldn't start breaking stuff if Revis was our pick. At least you didn't have us taking a friggin' soft TE.

Moses' stock dropped b/c he's got a lot of John Abraham in him from the neck up. Lots of upside, but following up a lousy senior campaign with a lousy combine doesn't speak well of the kid. It could happen, but I my gut tells me Tangini wouldn't touch him.

Ramirez is unlikely to last to one of the final day-one picks. You say he's a beast & a road-grader. I agree. So will the GM's of a couple dozen other teams. Our 3rd-rounder is almost a day-two pick. So unless you think Ramirez is likely to fall to round 4 (picks #97+), he's not really any more likely to fall to pick #89.

Better to take Ramirez with a late 2nd-rounder instead of a WR who we hope will become third on the depth chart. Coles & Cotchery are both locked up for big money & are too expensive to let go before '09. I don't want to draft a 2nd-round WR to sit on the bench for the better part of 2 seasons. If you think Ramirez could step in right now, don't get too cute with it & reach for a WR whose stock just jumped up over the past 3 weeks.

so you would rather have other than Moses, woodley?

Would you be happy with Moss in the first round? Or would you prefer CB in the first round and one of these guys later? I'll take Moss (assuming Revis, Houston and Hall are gone).

Harrell, if he slips that far. Signing Coleman doesn't mean we're not looking at DE.

I'd even look at the Ivy-League kid DeOssie, who can probably play inside or outside. 6'5/250-lb guys who run a 4.6 don't grow on trees. He won't be there in late round 3, no matter what NFLDC says.

Tim Crowder might be gone, but if he's there I'd grab him.

If Moses had more John Abraham in him he'd be a lot better off. His stock dropped because he's not fast. Moses ran a 4.8, IIRC Abraham was in the 4.5s. You can complain about Abraham's ability to stay on the field, but he didn't vanish like Moses and there are/were no doubts he was physically up to the task when healthy. Moses may be a value outside the 1st, but I'm not in love with anything I'm reading about him.

Last time I looked Kiper has us taking Revis also. He originally had us taking Meacham.

Totally agree. I couldn't live with a 1st round pick going to another offensive linemen but using a second rounder for a guy who could be just what everyone has said Ramirez could be is not a reach in my opinion.

Probably unrealistic after Revis' 40 (in the 4.3s), but he would be a great pick at that spot. I don't like the Hill pick, we have bigger needs than a 2nd round WR. That's a little high for Moses but he provides OK value in the early 2nd and does have the talent, even though he struggled a lot at the LB drills at the senior bowl and combine on top of a lackluster senior campaign. Ramirez is a beast and would upgrade our run-blocking significantly, that would be a great pick in the 3rd.

Overall that would be a very good mock.

After thinking Kiper was a nut for him having us take Mecham I kind of like the thought. I guess I'm nutty also. My first choice would be Blalock, then Meacham, and then if I had no other choice a CB. I'd almost rather trade out of the first round then take a CB though. Second round looks good, I just don't know if they would be their. And I'd be ecstatic if Ramirez was still there in the third.

Harrell, if he slips that far. Signing Coleman doesn't mean we're not looking at DE.

I'd even look at the Ivy-League kid DeOssie, who can probably play inside or outside. 6'5/250-lb guys who run a 4.6 don't grow on trees. He won't be there in late round 3, no matter what NFLDC says.

Tim Crowder might be gone, but if he's there I'd grab him.

how big is harrell?

Archived