PacMan gone for the Year

Thai Jet

I bet the jail sentence will be longer. He won't have to worry about the suspension. And if Jamal Lewis and Mike Tyson have taught me anything, it's that after you spend some time in jail you're mediocre at best when you do return. Pac Man is done.

124 I agree with what you are saying in principle meaning everyone's business should be their own and they should be the only ones responsible for their personal life. However, the NFL has to look out for its company, and these players do represent the NFL and can affect the popularity of the NFL. Look at what happened to the NBA when their players (Iverson, Rodman, Artest, etc) started going wild and getting in trouble, it effected the league and how it was perceived. While the players have the option to hang out with who they want and go where they want, what they do will effect the league/franchise that employs them, and those employers have the right to protect their investment.

Violent, anti-social behavior is only one reason why the NBA has turned alot of fans off. Other reasons:

infusing too many teenagers into the league at once

Implementing rules that discouraged playing defense

Losing in international competitions- that was huge.

Why do you guys care so much about this guy? He's not on the Jets, he's not even in the AFC East. He's a thug so what?

lighten up frances, it's the offseason and this is an interesting story with league-wide implications. plus, when a jets player inevitably gets in trouble it'll be interesting to see how people react. i for one hate turds and if anyone on the jets shows himself to be one-- flush 'em!

lighten up frances, it's the offseason and this is an interesting story with league-wide implications. plus, when a jets player inevitably gets in trouble it'll be interesting to see how people react. i for one hate turds and if anyone on the jets shows himself to be one-- flush 'em!

Anytime this guy does anything he gets like 2-3 threads on this site. If he was a superstar like TO I would understand. I don't know what the league-wide implications are unless the league is populated 99% by thugs who shoot up strip clubs.

Anytime this guy does anything he gets like 2-3 threads on this site. If he was a superstar like TO I would understand. I don't know what the league-wide implications are unless the league is populated 99% by thugs who shoot up strip clubs.

pacman is the most extreme example but the backlash his thugturdness has created will certainly cause a crack down on much less serious transgressions.

It's gonna be hard for this to stand with no conviction...

The Commish is hanging his hat on the fact that Pacman didn't advise the league

about his two arrests last year. Its in the players personal conduct section of his

contract. The Commish has the discretion of handing out the penalty.

According to what I hear from sources on ESPN the players union is behind the league

on this. This stuff is getting out of hand and the players union knows that if it

continues it will kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Archived