Arod is as good as gone.

madmike1

I am trying to figure out WHY you have said the Yankeees needed to tell him they were DYING to get rid of him. YOU said it, not me. You said they did not do good enough job of that.

Now, go ahead and say you didnt say it.

LOL, protocol for you.

They needed to tell him that to convince him to accept a trade that was just waiting for him to rubber stamp. Thats exactly what i said. The reason they didn't do a good enough job is that teams called them and Cashman said they weren't interested in trading him. Simple as that.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am trying to figure out WHY you have said the Yankeees needed to tell him they were DYING to get rid of him. YOU said it, not me. You said they did not do good enough job of that.

Now, go ahead and say you didnt say it.

LOL, protocol for you.

Damn SD...looks like neither one of us can read because we're both seeing the same thing....LOL

They needed to tell him that to convince him to accept a trade that was just waiting for him to rubber stamp. Thats exactly what i said. The reason they didn't do a good enough job is that teams called them and Cashman said they weren't interested in trading him. Simple as that.

And again..you know this how..oh wait, you don't. You're just coming on here to share your dreamed up scenarios and then blast anyone who doesn't share the same dreams.

Alright here is what I want (besides Mike to stop with the retard jokes and personal attacks):

Mike -- riddle me this, I asked it before but didn't see an answer:

Do the Yankees have a chance to win the World Series this year? Isn't that the goal?

I say this because we are labeling a non-trade as a mistake. When that same very non-trade might be what wins the Yankees the World Series.

Alright here is what I want (besides Mike to stop with the retard jokes and personal attacks):

Mike -- riddle me this, I asked it before but didn't see an answer:

Do the Yankees have a chance to win the World Series this year? Isn't that the goal?

I say this because we are labeling a non-trade as a mistake. When that same very non-trade might be what wins the Yankees the World Series.

I don't think in one year increments. I'd much rather build the team for the future then go broke for WS and kill your future.

As far as my personal attacks i'm sure you'll see that i didn't start it and that i was responding to being attacked myself.

I don't think in one year increments. I'd much rather build the team for the future then go broke for WS and kill your future.

As far as my personal attacks i'm sure you'll see that i didn't start it and that i was responding to being attacked myself.

You didn't answer my question though. Do the Yankees have a better shot of winning the WS with or without ARod. For this season?

You didn't answer my question though. Do the Yankees have a better shot of winning the WS with or without ARod. For this season?

Yes they do. But if they would've traded him for some value they would still have a chance to win the series AND not killed the future in the process.

Yes they do. But if they would've traded him for some value they would still have a chance to win the series AND not killed the future in the process.

So we agree then. The odds of them winning the WS with him on the roster are better.

You should just change your title IF.

Everything you say predicates on other things happening. Most often the case, not likely things, in the real world.

You should just change your title IF.

Everything you say predicates on other things happening. Most often the case, not likely things, in the real world.

This real world you speak of...what's it like?

I remember reading quotes from Arod saying that he would allow himself to be traded if the Yankees wanted him gone. This was during this past offseason.

If the Yankees would have told Arod after the tigers series that "We want to get rid of you", Arod would have waived his NTC to either the Dodgers, White Sox, Padres or Angels etc etc , who were rumored to be in the hunt for Arod - esp the Angels and White Sox.

We'll see if it was a mistake or not. If the abuse continues from the fans etc etc, the Yankees could always look to ship him out during the trading period during the season.

Yup, for a bag of chips. What team is going to want to give up prospects to rent a sulky player for a couple of months?

Why would arod waive his NTC to a team and still opt out of his contract?

BTW, the team that trades for Arod would renegotiate his contract as part of the deal I believe. Just a hyopthetical situation. Point is, mike was right when he said "arod said he would leave if the yankees wanted him gone this past offseason".

".

That was my argument originally. But Mike thought that all teh Yankees had to do was convince him that he wasn't wanted,

Oh, and teh reason that A-Rod would nbot waive his opt out?---How about $$$$$$$$?

Why would a team give a HUGE contract, give up players, when they can have him as a FA in a few months.

Your logic is flawed. But I agree that it would be hard to fathome A-Rod just giving up his no trade. Mad Mike did not seem to understand that.

That was my argument originally. But Mike thought that all teh Yankees had to do was convince him that he wasn't wanted,

Oh, and teh reason that A-Rod would nbot waive his opt out?---How about $$$$$$$$?

Why would a team give a HUGE contract, give up players, when they can have him as a FA in a few months.

Your logic is flawed. But I agree that it would be hard to fathome A-Rod just giving up his no trade. Mad Mike did not seem to understand that.

Obviously the team that works out a trade for him must have some intention of keeping him long term and there are teams that do have that intention.

Because if Arod becomes a FA he'd get even more money and there is no guarantee he'd sign with them. If a team trades for him, it will be Arod who wants to be there or he wouldnt waive his NTC, and they could work out a contract extension of sorts (He's getting paid 27 mill each of the next 3 years IIRC), so while he'd get more years if he became a free agent, he wont be getting 27 mill a year most likely.

I'm not convinced Arod will opt out though, ya know after the Yankees win the world series and all! ;)

Obviously the team that works out a trade for him must have some intention of keeping him long term and there are teams that do have that intention.

Because they want him, does not mean he wants them.

As I have tried to explain to you in oversimplified terms, many times, there are many moving parts to this.

-A team wanting A-Rod

-A team willing to give up what the Yankees want

-A team taking the risk that A-Rod may exercise his opt out

-A team, if A-Rod does choose to renegotiate, must go through the laborious process of dealing with 2 money grabbers and extending for the richest contract in baseball.

AND-I think the expectations are that the Yankees will be in the midst of a playoff run. No doubt that they want to go through THIS during a time they are looking to get their team ready for playoffs.

It just AIN'T going to happen Mike.

As I have tried to explain to you in oversimplified terms, many times, there are many moving parts to this.

-A team wanting A-Rod

-A team, if A-Rod does choose to renegotiate, must go through the laborious process of dealing with 2 money grabbers and extending for the richest contract in baseball.

AND-I think the expectations are that the Yankees will be in the midst of a playoff run. No doubt that they want to go through THIS during a time they are looking to get their team ready for playoffs.

Stop using logic. It ruins the fun around here.;)

-A team wanting A-Rod

AND-I think the expectations are that the Yankees will be in the midst of a playoff run. No doubt that they want to go through THIS during a time they are looking to get their team ready for playoffs. You don't think the 8 teams that called asking about him knew about his opt out clause? But they called anyway.

It's not going to happen during the season which is why I said he's going to walk however, The fact still remains that the yankees didn't try to trade him during the off season when something might have been able to be done. If trading him was near impossible then WHY did 8 teams call and ask for him?

BTW, the team that trades for Arod would renegotiate his contract as part of the deal I believe. Just a hyopthetical situation. Point is, mike was right when he said "arod said he would leave if the yankees wanted him gone this past offseason".

He waived his no trade with Texas and may opt out of his Yankee contract.

Also everyone has produced a quote where Cashman was told that ARod would not wave his no trade clause yet you and Mike have yet to do so.

He waived his no trade with Texas and may opt out of his Yankee contract.

Also everyone has produced a quote where Cashman was told that ARod would not wave his no trade clause yet you and Mike have yet to do so.

He said if the yankees were dying to get rid of him he'd go. He's not gonna say "yeah i'll waive my NTC" before something is done because thats the same thing as asking to be traded and he wants to be loved way too much to do that.

He said if the yankees were dying to get rid of him he'd go. He's not gonna say "yeah i'll waive my NTC" before something is done because thats the same thing as asking to be traded and he wants to be loved way too much to do that.

And, getting back to my original point, the Yankees would be absolute idiots to tell him they are dying to get rid of him, when he has in hand a no trade clause, and an opt out after the season.

A-Rod holds all the trade leverage, not the Yankees.

AROD knows the Yanks would never say anything like that, and thus the idiotic statement.

And, getting back to my original point, the Yankees would be absolute idiots to tell him they are dying to get rid of him, when he has in hand a no trade clause, and an opt out after the season.

A-Rod holds all the trade leverage, not the Yankees.

AROD knows the Yanks would never say anything like that, and thus the idiotic statement.

This is really going in circles. The yankees would've had to work out a deal BEFORE they came to arod and then the yankees, the team that traded for arod and Boras would have to work it out. And if it was a team that wants him long term anyway (like the angels or cubs) Something would've gotten worked out just like when he was traded to the yankees.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/jon_heyman/03/21/scoop.wednesday/?cnn=yes

Some will criticize Cashman if A-Rod walks away after at least eight teams called last year to inquire about acquiring the superstar in trade, including both Chicago teams and both L.A. teams. However, it wasn't really Cashman's call to keep him then; A-Rod made it clear to Cashman last summer that he wouldn't consent to a trade -- and as long as the Yankees are in the race, he still won't.

That was all A-Rod's call last summer. And once again, it will be his call again this winter.

This is really going in circles. The yankees would've had to work out a deal BEFORE they came to arod and then the yankees, the team that traded for arod and Boras would have to work it out. And if it was a team that wants him long term anyway (like the angels or cubs) Something would've gotten worked out just like when he was traded to the yankees.

So you work out a trade with a team, not knowing if Arod will even approve the deal.

Gotcha. Brilliant!

Because he blew it WAY before that article was written when he didn't' trade arod over the offseason. By this point in the game he's as good as gone.

But doesn't the article state that ARod told Cashman he would not approve a trade?

That said, how was Cashman to trade him? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

But doesn't the article state that ARod told Cashman he would not approve a trade?

That said, how was Cashman to trade him? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

That was during the SUMMER not the off season and Cashman made it very clear that he didn't even try to work out a deal to take to arod.

Archived