Yankees find yet another way to lose!!!

Jet/BosoxFan

So far they've exhausted the following excuses:

-we're too old, not enough player development in the minors

-we'll "flick the switch" soon enough, be patient!

-Kevin Brown gave up too many runs in the 1st

-Randy Johnson hasnt lived up to his expectations unless the expectation is that he will be hurt too often

-we ran into good pitching and got locked up

-Our bullpen must be retooled

-We're being killed by the contracts of Bernie, Posada, and Giamboo

-A-rod, Garroid, and Matsui cant hit in clutch situations

...but now those excuses have gotten old and they've invented some new ones:

-Tino sucks in the field!

-Posada inexplicably tries to advance to 3rd and makes the 3rd out at 3rd base...a no-no even in Little League!

-Mariano walks in a run!

It is how the media always portrays teams-you are never as good as you think when you are winning or as bad as you think when you are losing. yanks are better than how they started but definitely not as good as many yankees fans were stating before the season.

Agreed.

If I learned anything watching the game Friday night it was that the Yankees were pressing beyond belief.

They finally get the game tied and then Posada get thrown out trying to go to third on a wild pitch, Tino throws a ball away after bobbling it instead of just conceding the run and taking the out at first.

A team that is not pressing does not make those kind of mistakes.

Now that they have finally won a series it will be interesting to see if they can this series with Seattle.

Agreed.

If I learned anything watching the game Friday night it was that the Yankees were pressing beyond belief.

They finally get the game tied and then Posada get thrown out trying to go to third on a wild pitch, Tino throws a ball away after bobbling it instead of just conceding the run and taking the out at first.

Now that they have finally won a series it will be interesting to see if they can this series with Seattle.

I said it over the weekend. 8 of 10, 11 of 14. A good streak like that will happen!

Agreed.

Pressing hard beyond belief, huh?

Thats what they USED to do when they were winning. They'd scratch out runs late, all the while working the pitch count, manufacturing runs, and having the bullpen come in and shut batters down.

Nowadays the Yankees sit back and wait for something to happens...which often never comes to fruition

Pressing hard beyond belief, huh?

Thats what they USED to do when they were winning. They'd scratch out runs late, all the while working the pitch count, manufacturing runs, and having the bullpen come in and shut batters down.

Nowadays the Yankees sit back and wait for something to happens...which often never comes to fruition

Which is exactly why Friday's game was Rock Bottom.

They come back get the game tied and then Posada does something stupid. That comes from pressing. When things are going well and you play with confidence you don't do something stupid like that.

Same thing with Tino. 10 times out of 10 Tino comes up with that ball gets the force at the plate and maybe even a return throw from Posada for a DP. When things are going bad though and you start pressing you bobble the ball and then make a bad throw trying to make something allowing not just one run but two runs to score.

Thankfully the Yankees have won a series and now starts the long road back to the top of AL EAST. The best thing about it is that there is 130 games to go. You can't play any worse than the Yankees did.

So if I were you I would start calling your witchdoctors and to see if they can heal John Wayne Bobbit's ankle.

Thankfully we here at Yankee Nation have the likes of none other than Hammerin' BlowSux

Thanks for burying the Yanks bud.....looks like the Yanks turning around the season is coming to fruition with some good ol' Hammerin" BlowSucks predictions

Wow.....your a season saver dude.

Who do you write of in the National League??

PM me...it's the hot tip of the week

Thankfully we here at Yankee Nation have the likes of none other than Hammerin' BlowSux

Thanks for burying the Yanks bud.....looks like the Yanks turning around the season is coming to fruition with some good ol' Hammerin" BlowSucks predictions

Wow.....your a season saver dude.

Who do you write of in the National League??

PM me...it's the hot tip of the week

Let's see the Yankees do it within their own division before we say the season has been "turned around". Remember, taking 2 of 3 from the inexperienced A's is not something to crow about, and the Mariners aren't any better. Plus, everyone else in the division won last night, so the win didn't change a thing.

Which brings me back to my point: start beating the AL East competition, then tell me the Yankees are "back".

You yankees fans are so funny- you were all except maxman giving up on the season now you are getting bold and brave with the comments- then you wonder why other fans do not like Yankees and George

faba:

youre right about the yahoos on this board that call themselves Yankee fans. All of them frontrunnin' phonies to the worst exent and that is evident by their chest-thumping of this week compared to last week when they were crying themselves to sleep.

That said, lets not sell Maxman short, he's a fake phoney too. He cant stop patting himself on the back for this current win streak because he supposedly "called it" when in actuality he, as the dictator of JN.com, went back retroactively and changed the times/dates on those threads to make it look like it happened last week!!!

bwa-hahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Now, here is the deal with the Yankees. They are supposed to have a lead over all other AL East teams and occasionally look over their shoulders at the Sox and maybe the O's this year. They are simply fighting to get back to respectability at this point and they arent there yet! And even if they do assume their place atop the AL East, it all comes down to when/if they can finally seal the deal in October which they havent done in years!!!

That is the time for you beer-guzzling nitwits to pound your chests...not when youre 5 games back in May and beating up on the worst offense in MLB (I looked it up, Oakland is 29th in runs scored) big f'n deal!!!

That said, lets not sell Maxman short, he's a fake phoney too. He cant stop patting himself on the back for this current win streak because he supposedly "called it" !!

Beleive me when I say this, BoSux

Not one person here thinks Maxman is the one that called/started this Yankee streak

I, like everyone else here knows the truth

It's all about you

You started the ball rolling for the Yankees here in '05

You are the one responsible for turning this season around

You are a Yankees fans best freind

Thanks Bro =D>

My goodness....who could have asked for more?

With his devine intervention, the Yankee season is all but turned around

The hottest team in baseball owes it all to one man

HAMMERIN' BLOWSUX

The man rules...I love him....I DO!!! =D>

HAMMERIN' BLOWSUX

The man rules...I love him....I DO!!! =D>

....and now his team is losing 2 of 3 to the lowly Marines

This guy is un-freakin'-believable :win:

That said, lets not sell Maxman short, he's a fake phoney too. He cant stop patting himself on the back for this current win streak because he supposedly "called it" when in actuality he, as the dictator of JN.com, went back retroactively and changed the times/dates on those threads to make it look like it happened last week!!!

bwa-hahahahhahahahahahahahaha

My prediction had nothing to do with the Yankees win streak. Rather I liked what I saw.

I called Kevin Brown's gem when he hadn't won yet. I knew RJ was coming off the disabled list. I loved the move getting Bernie out of the lineup and Womack into the # 2 hole, moving AROD down in the order.

I said the Yankees would win 8 of 10. They won 8 in a row. If they split the next two looks like I was wrong.

The Yankees are just like the Jets.

Every year they play the EASIEST schedule in the league.

Wow. Just when you think the drivel can't get any stupider.

On the other hand, there ARE a lot of games against Boston...

Once again, Bob has demonstrated the keen ability to comprehend the written word at face value on the surface, but fails to see the underlying intelligence and wit of a much deeper meaning. #-o

10 in a ROW

That BlowSux is such a team helper

What would we have done this season without the ultimate assist

In all seriousness.....dude, I can market these powers you have

I think we're onto something

I'll have my attorney contact you....okay =D>

10 in a ROW

That BlowSux is such a team helper

What would we have done this season without the ultimate assist

In all seriousness.....dude, I can market these powers you have

I think we're onto something

I'll have my attorney contact you....okay =D>

1) Baltimore 25 13

2) Boston 23 16

3) Toronto 21 18

4) New York 21 19

5) Tampa Bay 14 26

The 2005 New York Yankees: STILL the best 4th place team $210 million can buy!

1) Baltimore 25 13

2) Boston 23 16

3) Toronto 21 18

4) New York 21 19

5) Tampa Bay 14 26

The 2005 New York Yankees: STILL the best 4th place team $210 million can buy!

Once again chiming in about the feared Yankees

Why don't you use your energy for the dreaded Mess

National League East

Team W L Pct.

Atlanta 23 16 .590

Florida 20 16 .556

Washington 21 18 .538

N.Y. Mess 21 19 .525

Philadelphia 18 22 .450

Unlike the Yankees, they're not exactly tearing it up.

Behind the Nats....THE NATS

Bwahahahahahahhahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Once again chiming in about the feared Yankees

Why don't you use your energy for the dreaded Mess

National League East

Team W L Pct.

Atlanta 23 16 .590

Florida 20 16 .556

Washington 21 18 .538

N.Y. Mess 21 19 .525

Philadelphia 18 22 .450

Unlike the Yankees, they're not exactly tearing it up.

Behind the Nats....THE NATS

Bwahahahahahahhahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Once again, a Yankee fan deflecting criticism elsewhere.

Unlike you, I didn't exactly have high praise for the Mets before the season. I predicted they'd finish a respectable 3rd.

You Yankee fans, meanwhile, said before the season that your $210 million band of superstars would easily win the division.

Worry about your own team, JonE.

Once again, a Yankee fan deflecting criticism elsewhere.

Unlike you, I didn't exactly have high praise for the Mets before the season. I predicted they'd finish a respectable 3rd.

You Yankee fans, meanwhile, said before the season that your $210 million band of superstars would easily win the division.

Worry about your own team, JonE.

I still stand by my statement......as should you, obviously

3rd would be an accomplishment for your Mess

I still stand by my statement......as should you, obviously

3rd would be an accomplishment for your Mess

Yes, I think 3rd place would not be terrible for the "Mess", though I wouldn't be satisfied with it.

JonE, you seem to think the Yankee season is turned around, even though your team is still in 4th place, same as the Mets. What reason do you have to think your team's situation is any better?

Yes, I think 3rd place would not be terrible for the "Mess", though I wouldn't be satisfied with it.

JonE, you seem to think the Yankee season is turned around, even though your team is still in 4th place, same as the Mets. What reason do you have to think your team's situation is any better?

1 reason

TALENT

1 reason

TALENT

Yeah, and that $210 million "talent" can't even trump the Blue Jays, even after a 10-game winning streak.

Like I've said, start winning some divisional games, then talk. Thus far, the Yankees have NOT been able to do so, and beating up on 2 hapless west coast teams does not sway my perception at all. This is not a division title-caliber team.

Archived