Jets sign Michael Haynes

D'brickMangoldJets

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great signing.

Haynes caught 10 touchdowns in back to back seasons a few years back. He is also used to not being the "man" since he played in the Run and Shoot, so he should fit in perfectly as the #3.

Good job by the FO. At least this means we won't be going WR in the first round.

No. But I do believe Chad Pennington is in that handfull of really,really bad starting QB's.

Based on what? the you don't like him? Did he run over your Dog or something? EVERY stat says that he's AT LEAST in the top half of NFL starting QB's.

Nice way to take an amazingly small sample size and say it has ANY meaning.

A SEASON is a small sample size?

My bad. I guess I should have used all those other seasons in which Chad started 16 games as an example. What a dick I am.

Being in the top five in "interceptions thrown" is not good. It's bad.

Do you honestly feel we would have gone 10-6 and made the playoffs with any one else on our roster starting at QB? I'd like to know what you thought the Jets record would have been last year BEFORE the season started. Get real will you Troll and give Chad some frigging credit.

A SEASON is a small sample size?

My bad. I guess I should have used all those other seasons in which Chad started 16 games as an example. What a dick I am.

Yes a season IS a small sample size. 16 INT's are nowhere near enough to make a real judgment. I remember at least 5-6 INT's that were tipped balls so if he had a little better luck maybe he throws 12 or 10 does that mean he had a much better year because he had bad (or good) luck? Int's just like TD's are awful ways of judging QB's.

Do you honestly feel we would have gone 10-6 and made the playoffs with any one else on our roster starting at QB? I'd like to know what you thought the Jets record would have been last year BEFORE the season started. Get real will you Troll and give Chad some frigging credit.

Yes, I think Patrick Ramsey probably could have equalled the crappy numbers that Chad put up.

Yes a season IS a small sample size. 16 INT's are nowhere near enough to make a real judgment. I remember at least 5-6 INT's that were tipped balls so if he had a little better luck maybe he throws 12 or 10 does that mean he had a much better year because he had bad (or good) luck? Int's just like TD's are awful ways of judging QB's.

Oh, come on, don't give me the tipped balls bull****.

How about in the Cleveland game were the Browns' defenders dropped about 5 gimme picks that Chad threw right into their chest?

Chad was VERY lucky to only throw 16 picks this season.

Oh, come on, don't give me the tipped balls bull****.

How about in the Cleveland game were the Browns' defenders dropped about 5 gimme picks that Chad threw right into their chest?

Chad was VERY lucky to only throw 16 picks this season.

How can you judge that? You have NO way of knowing that. And thats why int's and td's are awful stats. You have no way of knowing the circumstances and there aren't enough for them for it to be anything more then a small sample size.

POTW NOM

16 of ANYTHING is WAY too little to prove anything. Why don't you people understand this? SO many things go into every football play and are factors in the result of plays that judging players by such dumbed down stats makes NO sense.

Yes, I think Patrick Ramsey probably could have equalled the crappy numbers that Chad put up.

IMO I doubt it but the bitch is that we'll never know. At least here at work I can run 2 experiments with different variables and actually compare results. Wish we could in the NFL.

How can you judge that? You have NO way of knowing that. And thats why int's and td's are awful stats. You have no way of knowing the circumstances and there aren't enough for them for it to be anything more then a small sample size.

I have NO way of knowing that?

Oh, why, yes I do. I watched the ****ing games.

Chad had a ton of interceptions dropped. I know this, because I WATCHED it happen! What a novel concept!

BTW, I really don't see how you can say tipped INTs are no fault of the QB whatsoever. Unless the pass was tipped off of the WRs ****ing hands, then, yes, the QB should get some blame for them.

Chad should have thrown more than 16 picks last season and anyone that watched the damn games should know that.

I have NO way of knowing that?

Oh, why, yes I do. I watched the ****ing games.

Chad had a ton of interceptions dropped. I know this, because I WATCHED it happen! What a novel concept!

BTW, I really don't see how you can say tipped INTs are no fault of the QB whatsoever. Unless the pass was tipped off of the WRs ****ing hands, then, yes, the QB should get some blame for them.

Chad should have thrown more than 16 picks last season and anyone that watched the damn games should know that.

It's MUCH more then just tipped balls. Even if you sat with a pen and paper counting tips you'd still miss things. To say that a QB deserves FULL BLAME for a INT is just as simple minded as saying that a QB deserves full credit for a touchdown. So many things go into the outcome of a play that a QB has no control over that these counting numbers like INT's and TD's and yards fail to prove anything of substance.

It's MUCH more then just tipped balls. Even if you sat with a pen and paper counting tips you'd still miss things. To say that a QB deserves FULL BLAME for a INT is just as simple minded as saying that a QB deserves full credit for a touchdown. So many things go into the outcome of a play that a QB has no control over that these counting numbers like INT's and TD's and yards fail to prove anything of substance.

Ok then.

So, what do you judge a QB on?

Ok then.

So, what do you judge a QB on?

Not INT's TD's or Yards. I guess Comp% might be a little better but that also relies on other factors. Also some of the DPAR metrics do a decent job. I have no perfect stat. It's just pretty obvious which ones are better then others.

Not INT's TD's or Yards. I guess Comp% might be a little better but that also relies on other factors. Also some of the DPAR metrics do a decent job. I have no perfect stat. It's just pretty obvious which ones are better then others.

You are right on one thing: there is no perfect stat.

However, to have completion % at the top of your list is just flat-out ridiculous whenever you consider that you want TDs, INTs, and yards thrown out the window because you spout some bull**** about how they aren't the QB's fault.

But completion percentage is better? The same stat that automatically skewers in the favor of QBs that play in West Coast offenses, using a bunch of 5 yard passes to build up the stat? Ok, but TDs and INTs and yards are too far out of the QB's hands.

How surprising that your top stat is the only one Chad is "good" at. Let's put him in Marc Bulger's offense and see how great he is.

You are right on one thing: there is no perfect stat.

However, to have completion % at the top of your list is just flat-out ridiculous whenever you consider that you want TDs, INTs, and yards thrown out the window because you spout some bull**** about how they aren't the QB's fault.

But completion percentage is better? The same stat that automatically skewers in the favor of QBs that play in West Coast offenses, using a bunch of 5 yard passes to build up the stat? Ok, but TDs and INTs and yards are too far out of the QB's hands.

How surprising that your top stat is the only one Chad is "good" at. Let's put him in Marc Bulger's offense and see how great he is.

I said comp% was BETTER not the best. I have no idea what the best stat is.

Any stat that tells me Chad Pennington is better than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady should not be weighed more than TDs, INTs, or passing yards.

Regardless of what stats you are counting you should remember stats don't tell the whole story.

Okay...so 2 starts is plenty to judge Tuiasosopo...but a full season is nowhere near a good enough sample size to judge a player you like, is that it?

Regardless of what stats you are counting you should remember stats don't tell the whole story.

You and I both know that.

Chad's stats in '06 really don't reflect on how God awful he played for most of the season. Lucky for him he had the Minnesota and Tennessee games to pretty 'em up.

16 games is apparently more than enough to judge Barlow as sucky with no run-blocking.

16 games is apparenty more than enough to judge Clement as sucky while playing next to Moore.

16 games is enough to judge Kimo as sucky.

2 games is enough to judge Blaylock as sucky with no run-blocking.

4 snaps is enough to judge Clemens as sucky/worse than Chad.

Yet 16 games with Coles & Cotchery (& Baker who you feel is a good receiving TE) is not enough to judge Chad. And the most important statistic is the one that can be skewed to favor a QB who throws such a high percentage of 0-5 yard passes, with a defense that gives up the 6th-fewest points in the NFL to keep him out of full possessions in must-always-pass mode. Mmm-kay.

Teams that have inadequate depth such as ourselves, need to turn over rocks and look wherever they can to try and get some depth quickly. Someone scan the waiver wire, someone else hop on a plane to Australia and yet someone else again go look at former high draft picks who were bust for one reason or another. After all we all remember the movie "the Replacements"......

"Clifford Franklin is a one man cold girl... Clifford Franklin is the only one catching it.... Clifford Franklin is the only one coming down with it..."

While it is true that somebody can and does win the lottery, it is pretty much always somebody else. We are Jets fans and those things do not happen to our team as a general rule. So nobody should be getting their dicks hard over any of these long shots.

Did you see the Jet-Raider game in 05? I DARE you to see a QB play a more putrid game. The guy is AWFUL.

Playing behind teh worst offensive line in Football for 33 years running, I have a hard time coming to any conclusion about Mr. 3rd stringer.

16 games is apparently more than enough to judge Barlow as sucky with no run-blocking.

16 games is apparenty more than enough to judge Clement as sucky while playing next to Moore.

Yet 16 games with Coles & Cotchery (& Baker who you feel is a good receiving TE) is not enough to judge Chad. And the most important statistic is the one that can be skewed to favor a QB who throws such a high percentage of 0-5 yard passes, with a defense that gives up the 6th-fewest points in the NFL to keep him out of full possessions in must-always-pass mode. Mmm-kay.

:cheers:

Playing behind teh worst offensive line in Football for 33 years running, I have a hard time coming to any conclusion about Mr. 3rd stringer.

I think he was sacked six times that day and didn't even play the full game. Not like he had much of a shot.

I NEVER said that comp% was the most important stat. I just said that counting the number of INT's a QB throws as a reason to kill him is a horrible way to judge players.

Archived