Jets sign Michael Haynes

D'brickMangoldJets

I NEVER said that comp% was the most important stat. I just said that counting the number of INT's a QB throws as a reason to kill him is a horrible way to judge players.

All QBs deal with tipped passes turning into INTs, not just chad pennington. 16 actually wouldnt be that bad of a number if he threw more than 17 lousy touchdowns - thats the real problem. He just doesnt throw enough touchdown passes to warrant throwing 16 INTs.

And troll was correct when he said Chad was very lucky to only throw 16 ints. Several games (titans, browns), DBs dropped plenty of easy INTs right in their hands.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All QBs deal with tipped passes turning into INTs, not just chad pennington. 16 actually wouldnt be that bad of a number if he threw more than 17 lousy touchdowns - thats the real problem. He just doesnt throw enough touchdown passes to warrant throwing 16 INTs.

And troll was correct when he said Chad was very lucky to only throw 16 ints. Several games (titans, browns), DBs dropped plenty of easy INTs right in their hands.

I hate say this because I'm a Chad fan, but I can't let it go by.

The reason the DBs dropped plenty of his throws were they were not used to

the slow speed of the football, they were used to getting it zipped into them.

Sort of like a baseball hitter being fooled on a change of pace pitch.

another thread that was hijacked into a Chad penny thread. How about we take all the posts and debates about chad pennyboy and merge them into one giant thread? Or is it too much to have 85% of the posts in one thread? Chad Pennington is our starter until he isn't, He will have to improve this year or he will lose his job, end of story. It does no good to keep talking about last year, like I said, if he doesn't improve on last year he will be benched. Anyway, on topic, I like this signing, seems very low rish/high reward. The guy's size seems to make him made for the 3-4. His scouting report basically says he'd made a crappy 4-3 de so maybe he improves in the 3-4 and with him in some kind of rotation we can have improved play at de.

another thread that was hijacked into a Chad penny thread. How about we take all the posts and debates about chad pennyboy and merge them into one giant thread? Or is it too much to have 85% of the posts in one thread? Chad Pennington is our starter until he isn't, He will have to improve this year or he will lose his job, end of story. It does no good to keep talking about last year, like I said, if he doesn't improve on last year he will be benched. Anyway, on topic, I like this signing, seems very low rish/high reward. The guy's size seems to make him made for the 3-4. His scouting report basically says he'd made a crappy 4-3 de so maybe he improves in the 3-4 and with him in some kind of rotation we can have improved play at de.

I think The Jets are looking at Haynes in that regard also. In fact in mypost above

they were trying to get him last year.

I hate say this because I'm a Chad fan, but I can't let it go by.

The reason the DBs dropped plenty of his throws were they were not used to

the slow speed of the football, they were used to getting it zipped into them.

Sort of like a baseball hitter being fooled on a change of pace pitch.

POTW NOM

lmfao

SOme of you are just pathetic.

The last two signings are really pointless. If Marquis T actually plays this season on an extended basis, it probably means Chad P is lost for the season and Clemmons either stinks or is injured as well. Either way thats not a good thing so the signing is just a 3rd string QB being signed..

A DB who can't make teams isn't anything to brag about either. Great he was a 1st round pick a few years back. So are tons of players who never do anything.

People saying any of these signings are great are just pathetic. You drink too much of the new Regimes kool aid and don't have an objective thought in your brain.

THe two signings are really meaningless. Neither will probably play next season. Maybe the DB shows something in preseason, but at this point, he probably will be a practice squad player.

Hey, it's not like they spent millions and made bad signings. But to jump up and down and say great signing, that is just pathetic.

Great post. Can't believe a thread about signing a defensive end turned into another Chad flame fest. The Chad supports/haters really need to get a grip. Arguing about it isn't going to change anything at all, and it is just a waste of bandwidth at this point.

And I think this could turn out to be a good signing. The guy is a first-round pick so obviously people thought he could turn into a very good player although he seems to be a bust so far. Low risk but high reward is a good description of this signing.

Great post. Can't believe a thread about signing a defensive end turned into another Chad flame fest. The Chad supports/haters really need to get a grip. Arguing about it isn't going to change anything at all, and it is just a waste of bandwidth at this point.

And I think this could turn out to be a good signing. The guy is a first-round pick so obviously people thought he could turn into a very good player although he seems to be a bust so far. Low risk but high reward is a good description of this signing.

honestly i'd had enough of these chad arguments too but if somone says that he's the worst QB in the NFL or (really really bad) i'm not going to not respond to that.

honestly i'd had enough of these chad arguments too but if somone says that he's the worst QB in the NFL or (really really bad) i'm not going to not respond to that.

I understand because that is a ridiculous assertion. However, it would be nice if every thread didn't become a 10-page long flame war. I guess you could think about ignoring that statement because you're obviously not going to change anybody's mind who is saying that, and that kind of statement doesn't really warrant a response anyway.

SOme of you are just pathetic.

The last two signings are really pointless. If Marquis T actually plays this season on an extended basis, it probably means Chad P is lost for the season and Clemmons either stinks or is injured as well. Either way thats not a good thing so the signing is just a 3rd string QB being signed..

A DB who can't make teams isn't anything to brag about either. Great he was a 1st round pick a few years back. So are tons of players who never do anything.

People saying any of these signings are great are just pathetic. You drink too much of the new Regimes kool aid and don't have an objective thought in your brain.

THe two signings are really meaningless. Neither will probably play next season. Maybe the DB shows something in preseason, but at this point, he probably will be a practice squad player.

Hey, it's not like they spent millions and made bad signings. But to jump up and down and say great signing, that is just pathetic.

Michael Haynes is a defensive end.

Way to make an ass of yourself.

I say bring back VINNY!!!! As a proven 3rd string QB, or if he's not available then blow the dust off of Richard Todd and get him in here. Then put Ken O'Brien on the practice squad just in case, well you know, Chad goes down, and Clemmons sucks. The madness behind all of this is to keep my interest in the remaining games if this unfortunate circumstance should happen. Browning Nagle, Pat Ryan,,,bring them all in for tryouts just for back up to our back ups!!!! Anyone but Tuiasosopo!!!!:P ha j/k.

the only way micheal haynes sticks with the jets,is that he loses 2o lbs.and trys out for outside linebacker.maybe the jets saw something good in him.

Am I missing the sarcasm? Why would have to lose 20 lbs and try for OLB? He was 280+ coming out of college and was known for holding up against blocking. Do we need 300 lb ends now too? He can't stick as a DE because it is inconceivable that anybody beat out Kimo and Bobby H?

All together now...

BUST!

Do not understand this signing at all with von Oelhoffen, Coleman, Ellis & Hamilton on the roster because Haynes does not have the speed or the size for a 34 OLB at 6'4 285. He'd have to work on his speed BIG TIME and also cut down about 30 pounds because he's no Shawne Merriman who can do it at 270.

All together now...

BUST!

Do not understand this signing at all with von Oelhoffen, Coleman, Ellis & Hamilton on the roster because Haynes does not have the speed or the size for a 34 OLB at 6'4 285. He'd have to work on his speed BIG TIME and also cut down about 30 pounds because he's no Shawne Merriman who can do it at 270.

Haynes is a bust as a 1st rounder. But he isn't a bust as a signing. You have to have high expectations to be that. This is a very low-risk signing that could pay some dividends for us.

All together now...

BUST!

I think he's around 280. I don't get it 124, do you really think it is inconceivable that somebody could beat out Kimo or Bobby Hamilton? Give me a break. Just because we have guys under contract doesn't mean it's not a weak spot on the team. They have 4 guys who have started a season or more at OT, doesn't mean we don't need to find another one that can play.

Just because we have guys under contract doesn't mean it's not a weak spot on the team. They have 4 guys who have started a season or more at OT, doesn't mean we don't need to find another one that can play.

If Kimo were going anywhere he'd be gone right now. They would not have given him his roster bonus ($600,000 I believe) if there plans were to keep him around to mold younger players until late August. Bobby Hamilton could be released, sure, but why? Michael Haynes has done nothing in his entire career and Hamilton played well at times for us.

If Kimo were going anywhere he'd be gone right now. They would not have given him his roster bonus ($600,000 I believe) if there plans were to keep him around to mold younger players until late August. Bobby Hamilton could be released, sure, but why? Michael Haynes has done nothing in his entire career and Hamilton played well at times for us.

$600,000 when you are well under the cap isn't a guaranteed roster spot. The fact is, Haynes might be a long shot to make an impact, or even make the team, but there is no reason to be down on the signing. Kimo and Bobby H are stiffs. They are also a combined 475 years old. People want to bring every dip**** qb that gets cut in to compete, why can't we bring in a ton of DEs and see what sticks. It's a lot more feasible to have a rotation at DE than qb. Ellis is the only DE on the team last year worth a nickel. Furthermore, I think it was SFJ that said they put a waiver claim in for him last year, but the Saints had priority. Maybe Mangini likes something about him. He could be a valuable signing without making the pro-bowl. Personally, I'm a hell of a lot more pissed they paid Kimo's roster bonus than that they signed Haynes.

Archived