Lions 1, Midgets....0

Holy crap I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

I am moving this to the Jets forum. This thing needs more exposure. Anything I can do to help out the midgets I will do.

The midgets must have their day!

Damn I wish I had copied the article earlier. I thought Panzer made it up himself. But here is the guys latest post:

05-07-05 (original post)

The article you're more than likely expecting to read can be found here.

If you haven't already guessed, the article is fake.

It was created to 'settle' a dispute betwen a friend of mine in which he claimed that 40 weaponless midgets could defeat 1 lion. Many of my other friends and I tried to convince him that the lion would definitely win, but he would not back down from his argument, so I made this fake news article to try and convince him for the final time. The link to where the article was posted was not intended to spread outside of the initial group of guys in the argument, but as I was alerted it had been posted on www.collegehumor.com, it has spread far beyond that.

The argument was in fact settled once he read and believed the article, but to his credit it was not posted on a GeoCities account with an obviously non-legit link and the GeoCities ads on the right ->. He eventually discovered it was a fake article and admitted he had been fooled.... bigtime.

In order to avoid any legal consequences from the BBC itself or physical consequences from the Cambodian Midget Fighting League (if it exists), I have created this page explaining the article's invalidity. I apologize to anyone or any groups that may have been offended by the article, and hope that they will understand it was all in good fun.

If you took the time to read the article (or even if you didn't), please email me (lionvs40midgets@yahoo.com) what you think the outcome between a fight between 40 midgets and 1 lion would be. Here are the terms of the fight:

Fight takes place between 1 male African lion and 40 midgets

The midgets are unarmed (no guns, baseball bats, tasers, etc.)

The fight takes place in a closed arena (a racquetball court for example)

Fight is over when either a) the lion is dead, or B) all 40 midgets are dead

That's pretty much it. Simply email me who you think the victor would be, and if you'd like, provide an explanation why. I'll probably post the results here once (if) I recieve more than 25 responses.

Once again, sorry for the confusion.

Here is the original article:

Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

An African Lion much like this is responsible for the death of 28 Cambodian Midgets

Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of K

Archived