Sign in to follow this  
JetNation

Yankees lose Wang for at least a month

The answers to this mess are-"Who is Philip Hughes?" and "can Joe Torre be stopped from making another mess of a season by jerkinga rounf a young pitcher and wearing out his bullpen?". The Yankees can score runs, but they need another ace, and even mroe so if Wang isn't ready. But Torre wants to jerk around his usual collection of bottomfeeders at the end of the bullpen bench. So figure by around July 1, they'll then bring in Clemens and Hughes or both in total panic, followed by Hughes facing enormous pressure when Torre yanks him out the first time he gives up a single in ther 5th, so Ron Villone/Mike Myers, et al can fill their all-important roles.

It pisses me off to no end; Torre caught Bob Gibson and Steve Carlton(I know, Mccarvver was his personal, blah. blah, blah)-guys who intended to go 9 every time they took the mound. And now manages like he never met either and thinks a starter should go 5. And then wonders why guys like Paul Quantrill and Scott Proctor have their arms hanging off come October .

Get ready for a slow motion replay of 2006-playoff berth,bullpen abuse on a grand scale, early elimination at the hands of a team with young pitching, recriminations and A-rod nonsense all year(because Padre Joe cannot be bothered, I dunno, doing his job). This is a recording.

Actually playoff wins are a team stat just like wins during the season.

Having watched Beckett outpitch Pettitte in game 6 in 2003 from the stands, and game 7 of the 2003 ALCS from the upper deck with Mo laying everything he had on the line for 3 innings, you , my Sabermetric pal, are simply wrong.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company