Sign in to follow this  
JetNation

Yankees lose Wang for at least a month

Good thing the Yankees have all those young arms right?

Damn straight.

Who are you going to believe, Cashman or JetNation? Cmon.

who knows...

:rl:

:bwahaharoll:

Starting 5 of:

Moose

Petitte

Igawa

Karstens

Pavano

Skank fans better hope for alot of April rain.

At least we don't have to look at COMPLETE GARBAGE like Wakefield or Tavarez heh. If i had those 2 heaps of trash in my rotation i really wouldn't be talking much crap.

Tavarez has more wins as a starter last season than Pavano. Just sayin.
Wins are a completely meaningless stat for pitchers. Just sayin.

Unless of course they occur in WS and ALCS play. Place a HUGE check mark next to Schilling and Beckett for that "meaningless" category.
Actually playoff wins are a team stat just like wins during the season.

Having watched Beckett outpitch Pettitte in game 6 in 2003 from the stands, and game 7 of the 2003 ALCS from the upper deck with Mo laying everything he had on the line for 3 innings, you , my Sabermetric pal, are simply wrong.

Based on 2 games? Give me a break. Kenny Rogers DOMINATED the yankees last year IN THE PLAYOFFS. Do you want him on your team?

I am sorry I did not buy into a guy with 8 career wins. Can I annoint Lester to All-Star status? He has 7 wins. ;)
LOL @ Using career wins to mean anything LOL... But I'm stupid cause I'm younger then your fossilized ass.

He should still be playing third instead of second. Jim Tracy is an idiot. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this wont be the last time he's injured taking a hard slide at second.
He's a much more valuable player at 2B than at 3rd...

Not if he's injured. And its not like we have a great player to put at 3rd in his place.
The player you put at 3rd if he moves to 2nd will probably be better then the player you put at 2nd if you put him at 3rd. As long as he can play 2B well thats probably where he should be.

Maybe in fantasy world where you have unlimited resources that is the case. But in Pittsburgh where its either Jose Castillo at 2nd and Freddy at 3rd or Jose Castillo and Jose Bautista at 3rd and Freddy at 2nd, it isn't the case.
Thats not pretty. You guys are probably better off bringing up Bixler and sticking him on 2B then going with those guys...

This is terrible news and will surely effect the first few months of the season. Darrell Rasner looks to be our opening day starter? Are you kidding me? What about Pettitte, or is he going to start out the year on the DL as well? I'd rather see Igawa out there after today's performance.

Pavano is the opening day starter but that really doesn't matter. Wang also will probably be out less then a month. And Pettitte is fine he'll start the first week.

Wang will miss about 3 weeks apparently and if Andy is ready to go he should be the opening day starter. I heard it would be Rasner, not Pavano, according to ESPN.
The reason Pettitte isn't starting opening day is that it's the day after his throw day and they don't want to change around his schedule. Rasner will be the no 5 starter but I haven't heard anything about him starting opening day. Thats going to be Pavano.

Yup, that Wakefield sure is COMPLETE GARBAGE.

Spin away, mikey.

even garbage pitches good once in a while. over the season he will revert back to what he is, garbage.

It's been three weeks. Come out come out wherever you are.
not really. this is the end of the 2nd week of the season.

No. You are wrong.

The article came out March, 24th. It is the 14th. That is three weeks.

I was referring to 3 weeks OF THE SEASON. Not 3 weeks from when he got hurt.

Nice spin.

Thats not spin. When i say he'll miss time i don't mean frigging spring training. And neither was CASHMAN who was the one who said that. not me.

I will admit that Wake is pitching over his head right now. However, he's a solid innings eater and always has batters off balance.

He would be the #1 on the Yanks right now. And he's #4 on the Sox. It's going to be a long year, Yankee fans.

You are one of the biggest homers i've ever come into contact with. You just have no perspective on reality.

You soooooooo just described yourself.
Wrong. If i come out with a statement it has a basis in reality. You and your pal just bash the yankees and overrate boston in EVERY POST no matter what the issue. You're the homers that cried wolf so that even if you once in a while you have something worthwhile to say it's pretty much ignored.

And you're the exact same way with the patsies. Every pat is awesome and every jet wouldn't make a high school roster.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company