Yankees lose Wang for at least a month

JetNation

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure it was actually during the season last year when I said Wang was better than Beckett........

Interesting to hear that about Karstens. I was wonder WTF happened to this 91 mph fastball I heard he was throwing. He looked like garbage out there today - at least we know know it was a injury type thing hopefully not to serious.

The Yankees might get their butts whooped by Kazmir opening day, but I hope we can squeeze out a win. I still cant facking believe he was traded for victor zambrano, damn I wish the Yankees would have gotten in on that.

I was in Iraq then. I could hardly be blamed for being a tad mis-informed. ;)

Okay since we are comparing things -- how many Championships has each won?

Year two of our new FO resulted in a trip to the NLCS .

You are correct though in that there is no comparison yet to what the Yanks did a decade ago when they had true leadership. My response to Barton was simply that the Kazmir stuff (which you were big on by the way), would never happen under Minaya's watch.

Year two of our new FO resulted in a trip to the NLCS .

You are correct though in that there is no comparison yet to what the Yanks did a decade ago when they had true leadership. My response to Barton was simply that the Kazmir stuff (which you were big on by the way), would never happen under Minaya's watch.

Yeah sometimes Scott Kazmir is all that gets me through the day. Wheh that was a close one. The thought of the Mets keeping him, that scared me. Can't believe we got off that easy.

Anyhow Cashman has a pretty good track record if you ask me. Sure he has the most money to play with. But it is what it is.

You have to worry about Freddy Sanchez now.

He should still be playing third instead of second. Jim Tracy is an idiot. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this wont be the last time he's injured taking a hard slide at second.

Not if he's injured. And its not like we have a great player to put at 3rd in his place.
The player you put at 3rd if he moves to 2nd will probably be better then the player you put at 2nd if you put him at 3rd. As long as he can play 2B well thats probably where he should be.

The player you put at 3rd if he moves to 2nd will probably be better then the player you put at 2nd if you put him at 3rd. As long as he can play 2B well thats probably where he should be.

Maybe in fantasy world where you have unlimited resources that is the case. But in Pittsburgh where its either Jose Castillo at 2nd and Freddy at 3rd or Jose Castillo and Jose Bautista at 3rd and Freddy at 2nd, it isn't the case.

Maybe in fantasy world where you have unlimited resources that is the case. But in Pittsburgh where its either Jose Castillo at 2nd and Freddy at 3rd or Jose Castillo and Jose Bautista at 3rd and Freddy at 2nd, it isn't the case.
Thats not pretty. You guys are probably better off bringing up Bixler and sticking him on 2B then going with those guys...

This is terrible news and will surely effect the first few months of the season. Darrell Rasner looks to be our opening day starter? Are you kidding me? What about Pettitte, or is he going to start out the year on the DL as well? I'd rather see Igawa out there after today's performance.

This is terrible news and will surely effect the first few months of the season. Darrell Rasner looks to be our opening day starter? Are you kidding me? What about Pettitte, or is he going to start out the year on the DL as well? I'd rather see Igawa out there after today's performance.

Pavano is the opening day starter but that really doesn't matter. Wang also will probably be out less then a month. And Pettitte is fine he'll start the first week.

Pavano is the opening day starter but that really doesn't matter. Wang also will probably be out less then a month. And Pettitte is fine he'll start the first week.

Wang will miss about 3 weeks apparently and if Andy is ready to go he should be the opening day starter. I heard it would be Rasner, not Pavano, according to ESPN.

Wang will miss about 3 weeks apparently and if Andy is ready to go he should be the opening day starter. I heard it would be Rasner, not Pavano, according to ESPN.
The reason Pettitte isn't starting opening day is that it's the day after his throw day and they don't want to change around his schedule. Rasner will be the no 5 starter but I haven't heard anything about him starting opening day. Thats going to be Pavano.

The reason Pettitte isn't starting opening day is that it's the day after his throw day and they don't want to change around his schedule. Rasner will be the no 5 starter but I haven't heard anything about him starting opening day. Thats going to be Pavano.

I've heard rumors of back spasms for Petitte. Did I hear wrong?

I've heard rumors of back spasms for Petitte. Did I hear wrong?

He had them on 03/17/07. Yesterday he threw 25 pitches in the pen, and is scheduled to throw again tomorrow. If all goes well (read that: no pain), he will start on Friday or Saturday, in a minor league game. Then he wil pitch next Thursday, game 3 of the season.

• 3 weeks later...
At least we don't have to look at COMPLETE GARBAGE like Wakefield or Tavarez heh. If i had those 2 heaps of trash in my rotation i really wouldn't be talking much crap.

Yup, that Wakefield sure is COMPLETE GARBAGE.

Spin away, mikey.

not really. this is the end of the 2nd week of the season.

No. You are wrong.

Wang, who had been under consideration to start opening day April 2 against Tampa Bay, is expected to be sidelined at least a month.

The article came out March, 24th. It is the 14th. That is three weeks.

I will admit that Wake is pitching over his head right now. However, he's a solid innings eater and always has batters off balance.

He would be the #1 on the Yanks right now. And he's #4 on the Sox. It's going to be a long year, Yankee fans.

Archived