100+ Million for 92 MPH .. Another Irabu?

Green Jets & Ham

Is this another Irabu, AKA: The Fat Pussie Toad?

Another massive fraud?

Another hype created myth?

Another "Japanese Nolan Ryan" hoax?

NY POST

Matsuzaka comes with all the hype. So did Hideki Irabu, who was supposed to be the Japanese Nolan Ryan.

Matsuzaka is having some issues early. He's been leaving his fastball up and that has gotten him in trouble, and he has topped out at about 92 MPH

I smell a sham, where's that HIGH Octane heat we heard so much about?

THAT'S IT .. TOPPING OUT AT 92 :eek:

Sounds like the Bosox got some bum data on this clown

We spent less than half as much on Kei Higowa and even he can hit 92 :thumbup:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another massive fraud?

Sounds like the Bosox got some bum data on this clown :thumbup:

GJH, I would expect better from you. Dice-K has looked very impressive this spring and there is no indication that he isn't as advertised. He is going to be a winner in this league and is already dumbfounding hitters. Don't let your Bronx-colored glasses confuse you.

"Very, very impressive," said Pirates manager Jim Tracy, who played some in Japan. "He continues a long line of great Japanese pitchers. The fact that he really knows what he's doing, put that together with the fact he has great stuff, and that's quite a package."

I can find numerous other quotes from players and managers saying he is the real deal, if you'd like. You go ahead and think whatever you want, GJH, but Irabu he isn't.

Stop it, Ham. Dice-K is no joke. Not only am I worried that the gyroball will strike out all the Yankee hitters every at-bat, I'm afraid it will come through the TV set and hurt my family.

Yep. He's all that. You bet.

GJH, I would expect better from you. Dice-K has looked very impressive this spring and there is no indication that he isn't as advertised. He is going to be a winner in this league and is already dumbfounding hitters. Don't let your Bronx-colored glasses confuse you.

"Very, very impressive," said Pirates manager Jim Tracy, who played some in Japan. "He continues a long line of great Japanese pitchers. The fact that he really knows what he's doing, put that together with the fact he has great stuff, and that's quite a package."

I can find numerous other quotes from players and managers saying he is the real deal, if you'd like. You go ahead and think whatever you want, GJH, but Irabu he isn't.

Long line of great Japanese pitchers???

:rl:

Stop it, Ham. Dice-K is no joke. Not only am I worried that the gyroball will strike out all the Yankee hitters every at-bat, I'm afraid it will come through the TV set and hurt my family.

Yep. He's all that. You bet.

Now I know why they spent so much time hyping that make-believe pitch ..

.. because that HIGH 90's fastball was make-believe too :lol:

How'd it work out for beckett last year?

16-11 ....you'd blow Pavano if he had gave you those totals.

Also how many walks, whip etc has Igawa posted? His last start saved his spot unless you and not Torre are calling the shots..

Yankees manager Joe Torre said Monday that having Kei Igawa begin the season in the minors hasn't been ruled out.

The Yankees spent $46 million to bring in Igawa in December. "I think we have a lot of options that we have to consider," Torre said. "But the first consideration for us is do what's best for the player, especially someone you feel is going to be a big part of what you do." Jeff Karstens' mediocre outing probably saved Igawa's rotation spot.

QUESTION

We already knew the Gyroball was a complete Joke, now we know the fastball was a myth as well, so, uh, what's left?

Say hello to the 120 Million Dollar Junkballer! :lol:

I expect him to confuse hitters for the first couple months and the get lit up light a christmas tree by the All-Star break.

16-11 ....you'd blow Pavano if he had gave you those totals.

Also how many walks, whip etc has Igawa posted? His last start saved his spot unless you and not Torre are calling the shots..

Yankees manager Joe Torre said Monday that having Kei Igawa begin the season in the minors hasn't been ruled out.

The Yankees spent $46 million to bring in Igawa in December. "I think we have a lot of options that we have to consider," Torre said. "But the first consideration for us is do what's best for the player, especially someone you feel is going to be a big part of what you do." Jeff Karstens' mediocre outing probably saved Igawa's rotation spot.

See i know how to read baseball stats so i know that Beckett's WL record means NOTHING. I know that his peripherals were all horrible. At least Pavano hasn't been 100% healthy and still killing his team. So now torre is the ultimate judge of who's good and who isn't? Thats the same moron who is about the cut josh phelps because of the AMAZINGLY versatile Andy Phillips. LOL. Igawa has proven that he belongs. I can't control what the yankees do.

See i know how to read baseball stats so i know that Beckett's WL record means NOTHING. I know that his peripherals were all horrible. At least Pavano hasn't been 100% healthy and still killing his team. So now torre is the ultimate judge of who's good and who isn't? Thats the same moron who is about the cut josh phelps because of the AMAZINGLY versatile Andy Phillips. LOL. Igawa has proven that he belongs.

Sorry Mike 16-11 no matter the peripherals still destroys 2 season of Carl Pusano.

He also hurt the team by forcing the Yanks to play project 4th starter the last two seasons.

Sorry Mike 16-11 no matter the peripherals still destroys 2 season of Carl Pusano.

He also hurt the team by forcing the Yanks to play project 4th starter the last two seasons.

No it doesn't. Any pitches could win 16 games with 200IP of the run support Beckett got last year. Thats why WL record is a completely meaningless record. Because it's a TEAM STAT.

No it doesn't. Any pitches could win 16 games with 200IP of the run support Beckett got last year. Thats why WL record is a completely meaningless record. Because it's a TEAM STAT.

How many games did Carl Pavano and his replacement win last year?

You let me know when they start handing out trophies for the peripheral player of the year.

How many games did Carl Pavano and his replacement win last year?

You let me know when they start handing out trophies for the peripheral player of the year.

They hand out awards to the BEST players and Beckett's meaningful numbers show that he was one of the WORST players.

I love that you hate the yankees so much as a Met fan that you feel the need to defend Beckett (a really bad pitcher) for 3 or so pages lol.

Another massive fraud?

Sounds like the Bosox got some bum data on this clown

We spent less than half as much on Kei Higowa and even he can hit 92 :thumbup:

He hit 96 several times on ESPN the other day.

I'm kind of surprised, the NY Post getting something wrong? And Ham eating it all up, starting another over the top thread? Unbelievable.

He hit 96 several times on ESPN the other day.

I'm kind of surprised, the NY Post getting something wrong? And Ham eating it all up, starting another over the top thread? Unbelievable.

Do not rain on the GJH's parade.

Him and Madmike are probably scouring google for a rebuttal to your post.

Archived