Greenville NC

Greenville SC

Chattanooga TN

Nashville TN

Memphis TN

Texas is in the running, but a long shot:

Dallas

Austin

I know we have a large contingent of North Carolina people on the board. Talk to me.

I'm relocating in 2009. Here's my target areas:

Charlotte NC

Raleigh NC

Greenville NC

Greenville SC

Chattanooga TN

Nashville TN

Memphis TN

Dallas

Austin

I know we have a large contingent of North Carolina people on the board. Talk to me.

This is a good question, that the Tabors are also interested in! We just had a serious talk about getting out of NJ. We're thinking of Charleston, SC... but haven't ruled out NC.

It must have been the damn traffic in Morris County that really pissed us off today! ha ha

Charlotte NC

Raleigh NC

Greenville NC

Greenville SC

Chattanooga TN

Nashville TN

Memphis TN

Dallas

Austin

Nashville is a real nice area JetMo.

I've heard that before as well. If you go to NC and like to camp you must check out the Great Smokys if hadn't before. The best camping trip I've ever taken.

I have heard the same thing.

The good thing about Nashville it is a real nice location. Smokey's are 2-3 hours East. If you want fishing, there are probably more, but ones I am familiar with. The land Between the Lakes is about 1-2 hours North of Nashville.

Plus, Nashville has the major sports or they are close (NBA-Memphis and MLB (St. Louis and Atlanta).

I don't think I could go wrong with any of these locations. I see Charlotte as "ground zero", with Greenville NC and Greenville SC, Chattanooga TN and Raleigh within its circumference. The chips are really falling into place, it's just a matter of which location hires me.

NJ sucks. I see zero future here. I just figure, let my daughter graduate HS, let me get a few years at my current job (and I'll be able to write my own ticket after this one), save a few bucks, and then make the move.

I spent a week in Chatanooga, once. Loved it.

I spent a week in Asheville NC and a week in Knoxville TN. Both areas are in the vicinity. Fell in love with the region as well.

I love the Raleigh-Durham area

I've never been but I've been to Winston Salem, Asheville, and of course the swamps on the Atlantic seaboard. Raleigh has some great colleges in the area for my daughter.

This is a good question, that the Tabors are also interested in! We just had a serious talk about getting out of NJ. We're thinking of Charleston, SC... but haven't ruled out NC.

It must have been the damn traffic in Morris County that really pissed us off today! ha ha

NJ just disgusts me. It really does. Taxes, insurance, traffic, the pigs. Is Lyndhurst Gestapo land or what?

Nashville is a real nice area JetMo.

I had a chance to go when I was in Knoxville, but didn't. Regret it.

I've heard that before as well. If you go to NC and like to camp you must check out the Great Smokys if hadn't before. The best camping trip I've ever taken.

The Smokys are more beautiful than the Rockies. Just my opinion.

id go with austin, tx great city.

I love Texas, but... it's a desert. Not sure If I can adapt to that. What are the water bills like?

That's not far from the sounds on the coast. New Bern and Eden are two beautiful areas.

Yep,and everybody there is laid back..not a lot of traffic..only one problem,it seems everybody has heard about it..and it might be over developed within 10 years from what I hear.

Yep,and everybody there is laid back..not a lot of traffic..only one problem,it seems everybody has heard about it..and it might be over developed within 10 years from what I hear.

True. Not just Greenville SC, but most of my target areas. It's not just transplants from NY and Chicago, it's also Florida people now. Lots of people that went to Florida are fed up with the hurricanes and increasing home owners insurance.

True. Not just Greenville SC, but most of my target areas. It's not just transplants from NY and Chicago, it's also Florida people now. Lots of people that went to Florida are fed up with the hurricanes and increasing home owners insurance.

Arizona is another place that's cheap and laid back..but that's too far west for me.

Arizona is another place that's cheap and laid back..but that's too far west for me.

Yeah, another desert. I'm just not convinced I will adapt. I don't want to commit to a place like that, and then have to bail. It's like being on Mars out in the desert. And where does the water supply come from?

Yeah, another desert. I'm just not convinced I will adapt. I don't want to commit to a place like that, and then have to bail. It's like being on Mars out in the desert. And where does the water supply come from?

Yeah..I agree with that..I think they get their water from Lake Meade?(Like Vegas?)although I'm not sure.

BTW..LMFAO at your sig!

:rl:

Yeah..I agree with that..I think they get their water from Lake Meade?(Like Vegas?)although I'm not sure.

BTW..LMFAO at your sig!

:rl:

On a side note- On the JI political forum you spelled Parris Island wrong, and Jetdawgg didn't even correct it. Some Marine.

JetMo - you shouldn't rule out Knoxville from your Tn ideas. Methinks it's got the rest of the state beat for a lot of reasons.

The company I currently work for doesn't have an operation there, otherwise I would.

There are alot of Job opportunities in Tampa and Orlando. If you need info on these areas let me know.

I'm not high on Florida, but you never know. I know their corrections officers get a sweet retirement package. I got a twenty year time horizon to play catch up.

Many insurance companies are refusing to write flood policies for coastal NY, NJ and Conneticut, and up and down the East Coast. They've done the actuarial work, and think that the odds of a 100-year storm are rising with each passing year. Lousisana tried to pass laws banning any company from writing other kinds of policies if they refused to write flood policies. Instead of fighting it, many major insurance companies simply closed there. This is going to become a serious problem. You have idiots like Chuck Schumer saying the fed will step in and insure the policies, but if you get a cat.3 hurricane in this area, forget it.

Charlotte seemed relatively nice, and I have some clients who moved into Nashville. And they aren't coming back. I cannot imagine your high-school age daughter is real happy about leaving.

charlotte and raleigh are both fantastic. great schools, low cost of living, great weather. charlotte is a much bigger city and is really coming into its own and has really developed a big city feel (resturants, cafes, arts, sports, etc). one thing is it's a commuter city-- mass transit lags far behind the north east. raleigh is smaller and slower. excellent for families. after i get married and have a kid or two i'll probably head that way myself.

What's so great about Charlotte? It's clean. It's big. It offers a decent amount of stuff culturally. The people are very nice. The pace is slower. However, it's antiseptic as all get out. No personality. No charm. It's one subdivision after another. Too uniform. Too....I 'dunno.....I didn't care for it. I love the south. I understand that the south is sub-division heaven with all the growth it's experiencing. Plenty of sub-divisions I've been to down south didn't have the "yuck" feel that the communities in and around Charlotte did. Hard to explain. It has no charisma whatsoever.

PM me. We can talk.

Raleigh makes all the Best Places lists.

College wise NC has 16 great low cost schools,, many of them Nationally ranked.

Based on grades /SATs there is a choice for everyone:

Some of them:

UNC Chapel Hill (flagship university)

NC State (Raleigh)

Appalachian State (Boone, mountains)

East Carolina (Greenville)

UNC Wilmington (beach)

UNC Charlotte

UNC Asheville (mountains)

raleigh state capital and tech center. tons of jobs, no one is unemployed unless they choose to be.

very nice housing. most all developments have their own swim and tennis clubs at minimal cost.

PLUS, you can be part of our Sunday Jet Club at Amedios to watch the games on the huge wall TV in HD.

JetMo I think Raleigh-Durham would be perfect for you. You have plenty to do here and you are almost equally separated from the mountains and the beach. Like you mentioned there are plenty of great colleges in the area for your daughter and the weather here is great for the most part.

Plus you would be part of our Jets club that meets every gameday.

What's so great about Charlotte? It's clean. It's big. It offers a decent amount of stuff culturally. The people are very nice. The pace is slower. However, it's antiseptic as all get out. No personality. No charm. It's one subdivision after another. Too uniform. Too....I 'dunno.....I didn't care for it. I love the south. I understand that the south is sub-division heaven with all the growth it's experiencing. Plenty of sub-divisions I've been to down south didn't have the "yuck" feel that the communities in and around Charlotte did. Hard to explain. It has no charisma whatsoever.

Its night and day between raleigh and Charlotte.

Raleigh is considered to have a little Northern Feel to it as it has been inundated with all the North/Midwest population due to Technology jobs here.

I am not a huge Charlotte fan myself. Raleigh, ie Triangle area, has that college feel to it cause of all universities here. It gives you the lectures, concerts etc you get with a college town.

I got some amazing pictures from the Blue Ridge Highway. That was crazier than driving around San Fran.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a great area...very pretty and scenic. Alot of people go there during the fall when seasons change to see the change in the leaves and all.

Charlotte NC

Raleigh NC

Greenville NC

Greenville SC

Chattanooga TN

Nashville TN

Memphis TN

Dallas

Austin

If this is a vote, i vote Chattanooga, prettiest city i've seen in a long time.

Many insurance companies are refusing to write flood policies for coastal NY, NJ and Conneticut, and up and down the East Coast. They've done the actuarial work, and think that the odds of a 100-year storm are rising with each passing year. Lousisana tried to pass laws banning any company from writing other kinds of policies if they refused to write flood policies. Instead of fighting it, many major insurance companies simply closed there. This is going to become a serious problem. You have idiots like Chuck Schumer saying the fed will step in and insure the policies, but if you get a cat.3 hurricane in this area, forget it.

Charlotte seemed relatively nice, and I have some clients who moved into Nashville. And they aren't coming back. I cannot imagine your high-school age daughter is real happy about leaving.

Homeowners insurance is becoming an issue is many parts of the US. Many people who thought they were escaping the property taxes of the Northeast by moving the Florida have gone from a frying pan into a fire.

My daughter is fine with moving after finishing HS. She was upset at the notion of moving now.

charlotte and raleigh are both fantastic. great schools, low cost of living, great weather. charlotte is a much bigger city and is really coming into its own and has really developed a big city feel (resturants, cafes, arts, sports, etc). one thing is it's a commuter city-- mass transit lags far behind the north east. raleigh is smaller and slower. excellent for families. after i get married and have a kid or two i'll probably head that way myself.

Raleigh sounds like a slam dunk. ;)

What? No Kansas destinations? :lol:

I'm not off to see the Wizard any time soon, Alk. :)

Charlotte sounds like Atlanta. I'm leaning hard east towards Raleigh.

PM me. We can talk.

raleigh state capital and tech center. tons of jobs, no one is unemployed unless they choose to be.

very nice housing. most all developments have their own swim and tennis clubs at minimal cost.

PLUS, you can be part of our Sunday Jet Club at Amedios to watch the games on the huge wall TV in HD.

Wow, I'm impressed. PM on the way.

JetMo I think Raleigh-Durham would be perfect for you. You have plenty to do here and you are almost equally separated from the mountains and the beach. Like you mentioned there are plenty of great colleges in the area for your daughter and the weather here is great for the most part.

Plus you would be part of our Jets club that meets every gameday.

It's like the cherry on top.

Archived