Another dominant performance by Kei Igawa!

Green Jets & Ham

I really have to hand it to the Yankees, they played this one like a violin, downplayed it all the way, lowered the expectations, but now we're seeing what the Yankees saw all along, a man who will quitely go about his business and win his 14 to 15 Games in 2007, at which point this move will be hailed as a stroke of genius by the mighty Yankees organization .. for around 70 Million less this man will win as many Games as MYTHzusaka

Yeah I know, MYTHzusaka threw five no-hit innings today, but he also surrendered five walks and threw 104 pitches in five innings .. SO-SO OUTING, NO BIG DEAL .. Kei Igawa was better!

Just like their last outings, the ones before this one, Kei Igawa was better!

And OBTW, Just for the record because no-one ever talks about this, but K-Igawa had MORE STRIKEOUTS than "Dice-K" {AKA: The Japanese Sandy Koufax} in Japan last year .. that's right, you read that right, Kei Igawa actually mowed down more hitters than MYTHzisaka in the Japanese league .. you wouldn't know it if you listen to the hype surrounding MYTHzusaka, or if you let the Yankees lull you to sleep as they cleverly downplay the expectations for K-Igawa, but it's true, look it up, I speak the truth!

So do not marvel when I say K-Igawa will win as many games as MYTHzusaka for 70 Million less

:fish:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES, when you read the whole line it's SO-SO .. he was wild all day, 5 Walks and 104 Pitches in 5 innings .. that line will get him killed verses the Yankees

it's hard to get killed when you give up no hits... and the Reds are a good hitting team.

The sad part about this thread is that the Yankees also bid on Dice. If they had won that bid and Igawa was a SOX, does anyone feel Ham wouldn't be in full Yazeera spin mode on todays no hitter along with the fact that Igawa's roster spot was in jeopardy this time last week?

Igawa will be good. No opposing fans claim otherwise. Hell, Pavano should win with the Yankee offense.

Dice was filthy today and only Homer Ham must make it into some sort of Yankee accomplishment in losing the bid for his services.

Expect Ham's usual obligatory mulligan on the subject around May 1st.;)

it's hard to get killed when you give up no hits... and the Reds are a good hitting team.

It's also hard to give up hits when you're wilder than Nuke Laloosh, but a patient veteran team like the Yankees won't bail you out, they won't swing at a 3-0 Pitch when you have yet to throw a strike like Adan Dunn did, they'll let you dig your own grave, AND THEN, when you groove one down the middle {BECAUSE YOU MUST}, they'll bury you in that grave

It's also hard to give up hits when you're wilder than Nuke Laloosh, but a patient veteran team like the Yankees won't bail you out, they won't swing at a 3-0 Pitch when you have yet to throw a strike like Adan Dunn did, they'll let you dig your own grave, AND THEN, when you groove one down the middle {BECAUSE YOU MUST}, they'll bury you in that grave

Adam Dunn is a very good hitter. I don't know what you're talking about.

Just ask Kenny Rogers, Jeremy Bonderman or Joel Zumaya.:)

.. Igawa's roster spot was in jeopardy this time last week?

You're usually a smart guy, I'm actually surprised you don't see it, I'm surprised you haven't figured out the Yankees game with this guy .. it's so obvious .. the guy has been outstanding over his last two outings and he's had a very solid spring overall, so it's blatantly obvious .. the Yankees are playing opossum with this guy, downplaying it, lowering the expectations, relieving some of the pressure, BUT THEY KNOW, they know this guy is for real, they didn't shell out 40 million for nothing, they know this cat can hurl, and that's what you're seeing now, with your own two eyes .. the eyes never lie .. people lie, for a variety of reasons, but the eyes they never lie

If you have been watching K-Igawa, AS I HAVE, you would know what I know ..

The Yankees have played this one like a violin

You're usually a smart guy, I'm actually surprised you don't see, I'm surprised you haven't figured out the Yankees game with this guy .. it's so obvious .. the guy has been outstanding over his last two outings and he's had a very solid spring overall, so it's blatantly obvious .. the Yankees are playing opossum with this guy, downplaying it, lowering the expectations, relieving some of the pressure, BUT THEY KNOW, they know this guy is for real, they didn't shell out 40 million for nothing, they know this cat can hurl, and that's what you're seeing now, with your own two eyes .. the eyes never lie .. people lie, for a variety of reason, but the eyes they never lie

If you have been watching K-Igawa, AS I HAVE, you would know what I know ..

The Yankees have played this one like a violin

What do you mean by he's for real? For real as what? A no 1 starter? a no 3 starter? a no 5 starter? a major league pitcher? what?

Adam Dunn is a very good hitter. I don't know what you're talking about.

You don't know what I'm talking about?

Allow me to explian it ..

Matsuzaka labored at the start, walking leadoff batter Ryan Freel and then getting behind, 3-0, on No. 2 batter Adam Dunn. The tide turned when Dunn swung on 3-0 and popped to left.

THAT'S WHAT A VETERAN TEAM {like the Yankees} DOES NOT DO

They don't bail you out on 3-0 when you can't throw a strike to save your life .. they don't toss you a life preserver .. they let you dig your own grave, then they bury you in it

You don't know what I'm talking about?

Allow me to explian it ..

THAT'S WHAT A VETERAN TEAM {like the Yankees} DOES NOT DO

They don't bail you out on 3-0 when you can't throw a strike to save your life .. they don't toss you a life preserver .. they let you dig your own grave, then they bury you in it

So you're using one AB where a good hitter made out on a 3-0 pitch to prove what exactly?

FOR REAL as in, he'll win as many games as MYTHzusaka for 70 Million less

Is that "FOR REAL" enough for you?

Not really because wins are a meaningless stat for pitchers. He could win as many games and still pitch like crap.

So you think that Igawa will be just as good a pitcher as Matsuzaka. Thats what you're saying right?

You don't swing on 3-0 when a pitcher has just thrown seven straight balls .. 7 STRAIGHT BALLS .. it's Baseball 101 .. do I have to teach you everything?

Some hitters like to swing on 3-0 pitches if they get a pitch they like... If Dunn popped up a 3-0 fastball that just shows that Matsuzaka has more life on his FB then you want to give him credit for...

Not really because wins are a meaningless stat for pitchers. He could win as many games and still pitch like crap.

So you think that Igawa will be just as good a pitcher as Matsuzaka. Thats what you're saying right?

I don't know, but it will be closer than a 70 Million Dollar Gap, that's for damn sure!

Some hitters like to swing on 3-0 pitches if they get a pitch they like... If Dunn popped up a 3-0 fastball that just shows that Matsuzaka has more life on his FB then you want to give him credit for...

Obviously you don't know as much about baseball as you pretend, because if you did you would know it's only a selfish player who swings on 3-0 to start the ball-game when a pitcher has just thrown seven straight balls

Maybe that's why you don't understand the game, because you understand the fundamentals

Obviously you don't know as much about baseball as you pretend, because if you did you would know it's only a selfish player who swings on 3-0 to start the ball-game when a pitcher has just thrown seven straight balls

Maybe that's why you don't understand the game, because you understand the fundamentals

So if Dunn hits a 500 Foot homer on that pitch is he still selfish? You're judging the action based on the outcome which doesn't make much sense.

the gap is closer to 60 million but you seem to be very high on Igawa while bashing matsuzaka. Tell me what you think Igawa is going to be.

I think he'll win around 14 Games and Pitch to around a 4 ERA, and I think MYTHzusaka willl probably do likewise .. but Our Guy will do it for 65 Million less

So if Dunn hits a 500 Foot homer on that pitch is he still selfish? You're judging the action based on the outcome which doesn't make much sense.

That doesn't make Adam Dunn a "good" hitter. Adam Dunn is a patient hitter I grant you, a good hitter, I would not classify him as that.

As I said, David Kingman reincarnate

That doesn't make Adam Dunn a "good" hitter. Adam Dunn is a patient hitter I grant you, a good hitter, I would not classify him as that.

As I said, David Kingman reincarnate

Career 380/513/893. He's a VERY good hitter. Much better then Kingman was.

YES, it would still be selfish, because you don't swing on 3-0 when the SP has just thrown seven straight balls to start the game .. it's Baseball 101 .. if you don't know that, you're lacking in knowledge of the fundamentals

It's just like Hoosiers, I watched it last nite, when the coach demanded 4 Passes before his team shoots, but this one kid had other ideas, SELFISH IDEAS, and he made both of the shots he took {without the requisite number of passes coach demanded}, but his coach benched him anyway!

IT WASN'T THE RESULT THAT MATTERED .. THE RESULT WAS POSITIVE .. BUT THE ACTION WAS SELFISH

Just like swinging on 3-0 when the SP has just thrown 7 straight balls to start the game, which you would know if you understood the proper fundamentals

He is a horrible situation hotter and does not move runners when he needs to.

Things your silly numbers don't show you.

if you ever saw Dave Kingman play, you would see what I meant by my comment.

Would you call Dave Kingman a "good" hitter?

Kingman was about league avg OPS+ but his .302 career OBP is pathetic so no i wouldn't consider him a good hitter.

Dunn has a 380 OBP and an over 500 SLG every year he's a very good hitter. wither or not he moves runners he produces more runs then most other players and i'd take him on my team any day of the week.

Well we're arguing two different things here, talent and approach

You can be talented AND selfish .. Just because you're the former, that doesn't excuse the latter

But how do you know which is which? If he changed his hitting style maybe he wouldn't be the same player.

But how do you know which is which? If he changed his hitting style maybe he wouldn't be the same player.

Because "I KNOW" that swinging on 3-0 when the SP just threw seven straight balls to start the game is anathama to the proper baseball fundamentals and any idiot should know it as well .. and if Adam Dunn doesn't care for that TEAM FIRST concept, he's a selfish player

Now maybe he's not selfish, I don't see him enough, but he was selfish in THAT SPOT TODAY .. that's a fact .. any real baseball man will tell you the same

Because "I KNOW" that swinging on 3-0 when the SP just threw seven straight balls to start the game is anatama to the proper baseball fundamentals and any idiot should know it as well .. and if Adam Dunn doesn't care for that TEAM FIRST concept, he's a selfish player

No maybe he's not selfish, I don't see him enough, but he was selfish in THAT SPOT TODAY .. that's a fact .. any real baseball man will tell you the same

I don't how you can call him selfish for seeing a 3-0 pitch he likes and swinging at it in a meaningless game...

I don't how you can call him selfish for seeing a 3-0 pitch he likes and swinging at it in a meaningless game...

Okay, now that's a different story, if you wanna say he was more concerned with getting his swings in a "meaningless game", but he wouldn't do likewise if the game mattered in the standings, I'll buy that, and I'll even buy that his manager agreed .. but that brings us back to my original point, MYTHzusaka was wild today, his pitching line offered one big positive {no hits} and two big negatives {walks and pitch count}, and if THE GAME MATTERED that perofrmance probably gets him killed, especially verses a savvy veteran team like the Yankees

Or at best he's out of the game in the 4th inning with 100 Pitches

Archived