Mcgahee rips the city of Buffalo

Matt39

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...ge=1&track=tbd

McGAHEE MIGHT NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO BUFFALO

The Buffalo Bills traded running back Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens. In 2007, the Buffalo Bills play the Baltimore Ravens.

And the game is scheduled to be played in Buffalo.

On the surface, the notion of McGahee heading back to Western New York doesn't have the same sex appeal as T.O.'s return to the Linc. But, by the time the game is played, the venom flowing from the local fans to their former star could eclipse the hatred that folks in Philly felt for Terrell Owens.

If, of course, McGahee continues to run his mouth.

"I couldn't wait to get out of there," McGahee told the Baltimore Sun regarding his former home. He fled after the season ended, and had no intention of returning.

When the trade to Baltimore went through, McGahee got his wish. "I was yelling and [stuff], running through the whole house, screaming, 'Yes! Yes!'" McGahee said. "It was such a relief."

So what was the problem with Buffalo?

"Coming from Miami, I was used to partying, going out, just having something to do every night. Restaurants, whatever. Going to Buffalo, it was like hitting a brick wall. Like, 'Damn!' Can't go out, can't do nothing. There's an Applebee's, a TGI Friday's, and they just got a Dave & Busters. They got that, and I'm like, 'What the?' And, you know, the women . . . ."

What about the women, Willis? Please, elaborate. Because we can't wait to see the welcome that those women will provide when you come back, hopefully for a prime time game.

"You see, when I was in college that's what I used to thrive off of," McGahee said of his status in Miami. "The better you do, the more fame you get. So you know, it was like, I was used to that. And then you get to Buffalo and no matter how you do, it's the same. It's no big city. You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games."

Frankly, there are far worse things McGahee could have been doing. We realize that most NFL players are young men who crave the adoration and all that that implies. But life is a lot more than hanging out in clubs and being surrounded by people who would never tell you anything you don't want to hear. The sooner that every NFL player understands this, the sooner we'll be able to quit tracking so many player arrests.

McGahee is a joke. Buffalo is a great city. There is plenty of good restaurants and attractions and culture in that city. And if he was tired of that he can get into his limo and go to the Falls or whatever. And the girls there are fairly hot. I mean they may not be as good as the ones in Miami, but it's not like he needs to knock up any more women.

McGahee is a joke. Buffalo is a great city. There is plenty of good restaurants and attractions and culture in that city. And if he was tired of that he can get into his limo and go to the Falls or whatever. And the girls there are fairly hot. I mean they may not be as good as the ones in Miami, but it's not like he needs to knock up any more women.

Ehhh...I'll let Thai Jet take that one.

Ahhhh yes, another example of the modern day professional athlete. Buffalo takes a chance on the guy after 15,000,000 people watch his knee get turned into an Italian Pasta Dish on national TV and what do they get for their troubles, this. McGahee is nothing but a punk ass thug whose only difference between that of a hood rat is that he can play football. If his football career ended tomorrow, he'd be back in his neighborhood, broke as a joke, working a hamburger line.

I hope on the first play from scrimmage, some defensive tackle sits on his knee and the thing explodes like Smizzy's rear end after eating some bad Thai food.

Lots of friggin snow too let's not forget that.

I recognized the guy as a douchebag since his Miami days. It will be nice if that game is played in December in snow. I'd love to see a female Bills fan hit him with a snowball. You know, that happened to Chuck Foreman there in 1975 when he was going for the touchdown and yardage title (I'd post the particulars but it's too late).

Ahhhh yes, another example of the modern day professional athlete. Buffalo takes a chance on the guy after 15,000,000 people watch his knee get turned into an Italian Pasta Dish on national TV and what do they get for their troubles, this. McGahee is nothing but a punk ass thug whose only difference between that of a hood rat is that he can play football. If his football career ended tomorrow, he'd be back in his neighborhood, broke as a joke, working a hamburger line.

I hope on the first play from scrimmage, some defensive tackle sits on his knee and the thing explodes like Smizzy's rear end after eating some bad Thai food.

Hey! There's no such thing as bad Thai food. :fighting0050:;)

i beg to differ. i work in buffalo.

C'mon McGahee, bashing Buffalo? That's just too easy lol.

Put yourself in a guy like McGahee's shoes. You're making millions of dollars a year, you're one of the best running backs in the game and yet you are forced to live in a depressing, decaying, cold and lifeless sh*thole like Buffalo?

Most of us are lucky to live in and around New York, one of the biggest and most exciting cities in the world. Due to my work I've been forced to stay in other parts of the country in the South and Midwest for long peroids of time and it sucked. I thought VA was boring but that place was New Orleans on Mardi Gras compared to Indiana.

I can't blame McGahee for being honest about how bad life in Buffalo sucks. Especially after spending college years in Miami. Was it the politically correct thing to say no but Buffalo doesn't even deserve an NFL team anymore.

Mcgahee should have went out like a gentleman, instead he went out looking like a stuck up brat.

But he really doesn't owe the organization really. He got picked that high due to his past achievements at Miami and he would of been a very good back regardless of where he went. He earned it himself.

i beg to differ. i work in buffalo.

I went to college at UB and couldnt wait to live that pit either. I could have had a free ride at UB law school, but couldnt see myself living there another winter, much less three more.

He wasnt treated well by the Buffalo fans, and that comes from a few Bills fans I am friendly with. So, he took a parting shot at them. BFD. Get over it.

I went to college at UB and couldnt wait to live that pit either. I could have had a free ride at UB law school, but couldnt see myself living there another winter, much less three more.

He wasnt treated well by the Buffalo fans, and that comes from a few Bills fans I am friendly with. So, he took a parting shot at them. BFD. Get over it.

You turned down a free ride at law school? That's like a $100K value. That's how much Buffalo sucks.

the winter doesn't bother me the slightest, except for driving long distances in it. i don't live in buffalo, but about an hour south of it and i like it here, that city just sucks.

for his salary i would live in antarctica and let penguins throw lawn darts at my testicles. what a crybaby.

Even if you knew all you had to do was cry a little and you would get traded to a bigger city where you want to be? I think not...

Put yourself in a guy like McGahee's shoes. You're making millions of dollars a year, you're one of the best running backs in the game and yet you are forced to live in a depressing, decaying, cold and lifeless sh*thole like Buffalo?

Most of us are lucky to live in and around New York, one of the biggest and most exciting cities in the world. Due to my work I've been forced to stay in other parts of the country in the South and Midwest for long peroids of time and it sucked. I thought VA was boring but that place was New Orleans on Mardi Gras compared to Indiana.

I can't blame McGahee for being honest about how bad life in Buffalo sucks. Especially after spending college years in Miami. Was it the politically correct thing to say no but Buffalo doesn't even deserve an NFL team anymore.

I agree for the most part... I think everyone is being too hard on him and most people here would have felt the same way...

SO what MCgahee didnt like Buffalo... A lot of people dont... he came from party central (miami) to sit in Buffalo and play video games with applebees take out... I would demand a trade too... not to mention one of his best buddies (vilma) gets to play in NYC... how could buffalo possibly sound appealing to him when he knew he could get a starting gig almost anywhere else?

Sure he kind of said it like a d*ck but who wouldnt have? Not everyone is politically correct when they talk to the media, if anything we should just understand that... this board has RIPPED BUffalo a new As*h*le many times MANY times...

for his salary i would live in antarctica and let penguins throw lawn darts at my testicles. what a crybaby.

So you can be bought, congratulations.

I think he will be making a healthy salary playing for any NFL team, so that equals out. I dont know how much better Baltimore is than Buffalo, but at least the winters arent as harsh.

PeteNorth- when i went to law school, it cost a lot less than it does now.

I got a decent deal at miami, so i went for it.

Come on Pat. its lunch time here and I was just sitting down to some Thai...ah, forget that sh*t..

So you can be bought, congratulations.

duh. you think i enjoy working 70 hrs a week? maybe you're a trust fund brat but some of us don't have the luxury of putting ideals ahead of putting food on our family's table.

Even if you knew all you had to do was cry a little and you would get traded to a bigger city where you want to be? I think not...

there's something to be said for being a gracious person. bitching to your agent and telling the front office you're unhappy is one thing-- going to the press and complaining is classless and inexcusable. Plus, he made these comments after he was already traded! classless thugturd.

Yeah, but feeling a certain way does not mean you go out and make yourself out to be an @ssclown by opening your thug-trap. These guys should really realize that like it or not they should be concerned for the image they put out to the public. Maybe it isn't fair that they are in the public light and have to be held to a higher standard then the rest of us, but maybe it also isn't so fair that some of them get paid 100X what an nyc police officer or teacher makes, and for doing something all of us do in our free time when not working, playing sports.

Besides man, Buffalo is right next to Canada and Niagra, and have you ever been to the strip clubs in Niagra? they can easily hold their own against Tootsies or anywhere in South Florida. lol

says the guy with a turd in his avatar lol

mcghee bitched AFTER he was already on the way out-- the argument that it was justified so he could go to a better situation is destroyed by that fact. taking this parting shot at buffalo is classless sour grapes (whether it's true or not, i've never been there) and nothing else. reading this thread is making me think maybe a couple of his kids post here.

mcghee bitched AFTER he was already on the way out-- the argument that it was justified so he could go to a better situation is destroyed by that fact. taking this parting shot at buffalo is classless sour grapes (whether it's true or not, i've never been there) and nothing else. reading this thread is making me think maybe a couple of his kids post here.

anyone who leaves buffalo takes their parting shots. its just too easy to do. it sucks here, there is a reason it has lost half its population in only a few decades.

Archived