Chiefs | Starting quarterback job Croyle's to lose?

Smizzy

Chiefs | Starting quarterback job Croyle's to lose?

Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:04:42 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards suggested Tuesday, March 27, that a quarterback may have to beat out QB Brodie Croyle by a wide margin during offseason practices and training camp in order to win the team's starting job. "You have to make certain judgments with your football team," Edwards said. "If I go with a veteran guy, how much better would we be than if I play the young guy? Is that going to allow me to win one or two more games? Or, do I look at it like I'm trying to build a championship team?"

:confused0058:

this coming from the moron who benched huard in the middle of a mega hot streak (11tds, 1 int) for the still-dizzy trent!

I liked herm when we were makin the playoffs, that was crumbling fast in 05, when he left i was happy, when he benched huard i realized what many of you were saying. That was the single dumbest thing i've seen in a long time.

"If I go with a veteran guy, how much better would we be than if I play the young guy? Is that going to allow me to win one or two more games? Or, do I look at it like I'm trying to build a championship team?"

That sounds EXACTLY like what Barton and 124 say about Clemens :rl::rl:

Herm is drinkin the Croyleade while Barton and 124 are drinkin the Clemenade...

I swear they have both said nearly the exact same thing about Chad and Kellen...

Tell me you havent heard them say this...

"If the JETS go with a veteran guy (chad), how much better would we be than if I play the young guy(Clemens)? Is that (chad) going to allow me to win one or two more games? Or, do I look at it like I'm trying to build a championship team(with Clemens)?"

:rl::rl::rl:

Barton and 124 sound like Herm... that makes my day! :)

I swear they have both said nearly the exact same thing about Chad and Kellen...

"If the JETS go with a veteran guy (chad), how much better would we be than if I play the young guy(Clemens)? Is that (chad) going to allow me to win one or two more games? Or, do I look at it like I'm trying to build a championship team(with Clemens)?"

:bwahaharoll:

Trent Green > Chad Pennington

Kellen Clemens > Brodie Croyle

Trent Green > Chad Pennington

Kellen Clemens > Brodie Croyle

Exactly , What say ecurb to this? can't say to much Because it's True.

As of 2007

Pennington > Green

Croyle and Clemens = ?

Green is about to lose his starting job, go somewhere else, only to get benched and retire... sure he might have been better in the past but not in 07'

That doesnt change the fact that 124 and Barton pretty much spoke the words of Herm Edwards nearly word for word... :rl:

this coming from the moron who benched huard in the middle of a mega hot streak (11tds, 1 int) for the still-dizzy trent!

Its classic Herm.

he goes away from Hot hand and puts back in Veteran, because as a ex-player, Herm ALWAYS looks out for whats best for the player, NOT WHATS BEST FOR THE TEAM

Green is about to lose his starting job, go somewhere else, only to get benched and retire... sure he might have been better in the past but not in 07'

Same thing will happen to your boy Pennington next season.

Croyle deserves to start. Trent Green wants out and Damon Huard is 34 years old. I agree with Herm. With Huard, okay, you might make the playoffs but you're not winning a championship. With Croyle, you won't win a ring right away but you need to see the future of your franchise when you know your current QB can only get you to the postseason but no further. Hmmm, I think we just may be in a similar situation.;-)

Croyle deserves to start. Trent Green wants out and Damon Huard is 34 years old. I agree with Herm. With Huard, okay, you might make the playoffs but you're not winning a championship. With Croyle, you won't win a ring right away but you need to see the future of your franchise when you know your current QB can only get you to the postseason but no further. Hmmm, I think we just may be in a similar situation.;-)

A Piece of Sh*t > Brodie Croyle

Herm has sealed his doomed fate in KC.

Maybe he thinks that it might not pay off right now, but it will in the long run. How much better do you think DAMON HUARD is going to be better than Croyle? He's a career backup, and if you somehow think he can come in and duplicate what he did last year over a full season you're sorely mistaken. Plus it gets the future started earlier for them.

A Piece of Sh*t > Brodie Croyle

Herm has sealed his doomed fate in KC.

nah his end of year press conference will buy him at least another year:

Is it tough to got with a new quarterback? Ya, it is tough. But a coach's job is to look ahead. You have to do that. That's why I was brought in. Not to keep the same ole same ole. No sir. We're here to win ball games and a superbowl and now we have a kid behind center who has some experience. 2008 is going to be a whole new year. Brodie's gonna improve from 7 Tds and 18 Ints he had this season. No doubt he will. And we know that if Brodie goes down like he did for 2 games this year, Damon can step up and produce like he did throwing 9 Tds and 0 ints...."

Maybe he thinks that it might not pay off right now, but it will in the long run. How much better do you think DAMON HUARD is going to be better than Croyle? He's a career backup, and if you somehow think he can come in and duplicate what he did last year over a full season you're sorely mistaken. Plus it gets the future started earlier for them.

If Brodie Croyle/Herm Edwards is the future then KC has some Mad Max apocalypse sh*t planned for themselves.

gotta love ecurb

Ya see, like Pennington, Huard and Trent Green (at this point in his career) are not good enough to win a superbowl

Wil Croyle be that kind of QB? I have no idea, I certainly dont think much of him, but you'll never know for sure if he doesnt get a chance to play. He will play, like Clemens, because the other QBs currently on the Chiefs roster are simply not championship caliber QBs - herm is right on this one (Green and Huard arent good enough to win a SB) and Croyle (or another QB) deserves to get a chance

Whether Herm truly believes what he said is the question.....and dont rule out them drafting another QB on day 1 in the upcoming draft.

BTW, I'm completely open to another young QB with THE SKILLS to get to a SB other than Clemens to take over Penningtons job. You people act like I am married to Clemens, I am not. But I want to see him play as I know chad isnt good enough, and Clemens has the skills to be good enough to win a SB and he is the only other QB currently on our roster who MIGHT be good enough. Whether he does or not is anyones guess, but he WILL get a chance to start.

If Herm is actually serious about starting Croyle than he is the dumbest coach in the NFL. Croyle looked hideous last year and he has bust written all over him. Meanwhile, Damon Huard, the guy they resigned, played lights out last year.

PN- Please tell me how Pennyboy looked his rookie year, also please tell me how Cindy Brady looked? Philip Rivers? Carson Palmer?

It is way too early to tell if my boy is a bust or not!!! He does have a turd to deal with.

gotta love ecurb

Ya see, like Pennington, Huard and Trent Green (at this point in his career) are not good enough to win a superbowl

Wil Croyle be that kind of QB? I have no idea, I certainly dont think much of him, but you'll never know for sure if he doesnt get a chance to play. He will play, like Clemens, because the other QBs currently on the Chiefs roster are simply not championship caliber QBs - herm is right on this one (Green and Huard arent good enough to win a SB) and Croyle (or another QB) deserves to get a chance

Whether Herm truly believes what he said is the question.....and dont rule out them drafting another QB on day 1 in the upcoming draft.

BTW, I'm completely open to another young QB with THE SKILLS to get to a SB other than Clemens to take over Penningtons job. You people act like I am married to Clemens, I am not. But I want to see him play as I know chad isnt good enough, and Clemens has the skills to be good enough to win a SB and he is the only other QB currently on our roster who MIGHT be good enough. Whether he does or not is anyones guess, but he WILL get a chance to start.

POTW NOM

hard to call croyle a bust, look where he got drafted. 1st-mid 2nd is range where one can be called "bust". but don't you know, the jets should have drafted croyle, he is the reincarnation of joe namath. the looks, the college and the bad knees. don't know about the situation with the ladies though...

Brodie Croyle is one of the finest young men I have ever had the priviledge to meet. He has all the football tools to QB the Chiefs this year and in the future. Great pocket presence, accurate throwing, good arm strength plus he has the intangible... a natural leader who is capable of raising the level of play of those around him. When he was at Alabama they were always confident of pulling out a victory with Brodie calling the signals. I honestly ,believe had it not been for Tyrone Prothros broken leg in 05 ,that Bama would have been in the national championship game. That being said my only concern for Brodie is that I wonder if he can hold up for a 16 game NFL schedule. Like I said I personnally know Brodie and that is a major concern of mine.

If Herm is actually serious about starting Croyle than he is the dumbest coach in the NFL. Croyle looked hideous last year and he has bust written all over him. Meanwhile, Damon Huard, the guy they resigned, played lights out last year.

This is perhaps one of the most stupidest statements that I have ever read on this site. You need to bag it bud :bag: .

This is perhaps one of the most stupidest statements that I have ever read on this site. You need to bag it bud :bag: .

You are clueless. Croyle looked awful last year and to say he is extremely injury-prone is the understatement of the year. I'm guessing that since you are still on his bandwagon you were probably one of these clowns on this site who thought the Jets should have drafted this disaster and dumped Pennington for him.

Guys like Tom Brady and Carson Palmer didn't play their rookie years so what? They are nowhere near as injury prone as Croyle and in his preseason and regular season action last year Croyle didn't show any indication of being even an average NFL quarterback. The boy is a scrub.

With most QB's you use TD-INT ratio to evaluate them. With Broken Croyle, you use Pass Attempt- INT to evaluate him. 2 INT's in only 7 pass attempts? At least he didn't get hurt when the wind blew hard on him. That's actually quite an accomplishment for Broken, I mean Brodie.

You are clueless. Croyle looked awful last year and to say he is extremely injury-prone is the understatement of the year. I'm guessing that since you are still on his bandwagon you were probably one of these clowns on this site who thought the Jets should have drafted this disaster and dumped Pennington for him.

Guys like Tom Brady and Carson Palmer didn't play their rookie years so what? They are nowhere near as injury prone as Croyle and in his preseason and regular season action last year Croyle didn't show any indication of being even an average NFL quarterback. The boy is a scrub.

With most QB's you use TD-INT ratio to evaluate them. With Broken Croyle, you use Pass Attempt- INT to evaluate him. 2 INT's in only 7 pass attempts? At least he didn't get hurt when the wind blew hard on him. That's actually quite an accomplishment for Broken, I mean Brodie.

Man too bad your brain isn't as quick as yo lips. What does getting hurt have to do with ability? Did you even watch any game Croyle played in at Bama? I'm guess the answer is no otherwise you wouldn't make such rash, foolish statements. The kid was a rookie who barely got to play after being injured. Guys like you are a joke. Quick to judge, without a clue. You would have cut Bryan Thomas in the 1st year too no doubt. Watch some games sometimes before jumping to conclutions based on zero facts.

you are freaking clueless, the OL Brodie had his last 2 years at Bama, would have gotten anyone killed. As Thai said, this kid has all the intangibles, he has the same arm strength as Brady has, just needs to bulk up a bit. Pennyboy looked like crap as well his rook year, some say second year as well. Cindy was a scrawny 4th stringer, Rivers had no shot at starting his first year as well and he was a top 4 pick.

So leave my boy alone, he has enough problems with a turd of a coach to deal with!

Archived