Chiefs | Starting quarterback job Croyle's to lose?

Smizzy

Croyle deserves to start. Trent Green wants out and Damon Huard is 34 years old. I agree with Herm.(me-WHY?) With Huard, okay, you might make the playoffs but you're not winning a championship. With Croyle, you won't win a ring right away but you need to see the future of your franchise when you know your current QB can only get you to the postseason but no further. Hmmm, I think we just may be in a similar situation.;-)

No team with Herman Edwards as it's head coach is winning anything. All this is is job preservation, lowering expectations, so Edwards can milk another year or 2 as a HC. That's all he did here for 5 years, it's all he cares about.

It's why you install the shotgun and blame the fans when it' doesn't work(not that you didn't practice it).

It's why you play the HoF back hurt, because who can question it? He's a HoFer, a WARRIOR! Why play the guy on the bench who's a freaking bull?

It's why you play a 37-year old guy over the yonger guy who's tailor-made for your QCO. Who can question it? He's not ready, and he may never be ready!

It's why you give up on a season and blame injuries, which Edwards did in 2005. And no real coach ever does. And why you don't let Bollinger play balls-to-the-wall.

It's why you blame the kicker for losses rather than your own moronic game plan,as Edwards did over and over-Jints in 2003, Steeler in the playoffs.

IT'S THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER-HE TOOK THE SAFE, DULL, UNINSPIRED CHOICE IN EVERY DECISION, AND THEN USUALLY BLAMED SOMEONE ELSE.

This is a guy who just last week timed his morning hotel workout to just happen to bump into Roger Goodell being interviewed by Peter King. What a freaking coincidence. He's a self-promoting POS of the lowest breed.

I have a deep, visceral hatred of this POS. It's almost irrational. He's every David Brent/Bill Lumbergh corporate/Up With People horsespit idiot I've ever heard, all the BS workplace meetingspeak rolled into one utterly-incompetent package.

I see him as the phony BS catch-phrase spewing idiot he always is. All I can figure is he must be great in interviews. And obviously a rich guy like Woody Johnson was utterly snowed, with some help by that POS Tagliabue. 5 years, totally wasted.

• Thumb Down 1

No team with Herman Edwards as it's head coach is winning anything. All this is is job preservation, lowering expectations, so Edwards can milk another year or 2 as a HC. That's all he did here for 5 years, it's all he cares about.

It's why you install the shotgun and blame the fans when it' doesn't work(not that you didn't practice it).

It's why you play the HoF back hurt, because who can question it? He's a HoFer, a WARRIOR! Why play the guy on the bench who's a freaking bull?

It's why you play a 37-year old guy over the yonger guy who's tailor-made for your QCO. Who can question it? He's not ready, and he may never be ready!

It's why you give up on a season and blame injuries, which Edwards did in 2005. And no real coach ever does. And why you don't let Bollinger play balls-to-the-wall.

It's why you blame the kicker for losses rather than your own moronic game plan,as Edwards did over and over-Jints in 2003, Steeler in the playoffs.

IT'S THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER-HE TOOK THE SAFE, DULL, UNINSPIRED CHOICE IN EVERY DECISION, AND THEN USUALLY BLAMED SOMEONE ELSE.

This is a guy who just last week timed his morning hotel workout to just happen to bump into Roger Goodell being interviewed by Peter King. What a freaking coincidence. He's a self-promoting POS of the lowest breed.

I have a deep, visceral hatred of this POS. It's almost irrational. He's every David Brent/Bill Lumbergh corporate/Up With People horsespit idiot I've ever heard, all the BS workplace meetingspeak rolled into one utterly-incompetent package.

I see him as the phony BS catch-phrase spewing idiot he always is. All I can figure is he must be great in interviews. And obviously a rich guy like Woody Johnson was utterly snowed, with some help by that POS Tagliabue. 5 years, totally wasted.

So are you saying you don't like him? I can't tell ;)

Heh heh heh..Thats alot of words.........Wouldnt plain old douche bag be enough?

you are freaking clueless, the OL Brodie had his last 2 years at Bama, would have gotten anyone killed. As Thai said, this kid has all the intangibles, he has the same arm strength as Brady has, just needs to bulk up a bit. Pennyboy looked like crap as well his rook year, some say second year as well. Cindy was a scrawny 4th stringer, Rivers had no shot at starting his first year as well and he was a top 4 pick.

So leave my boy alone, he has enough problems with a turd of a coach to deal with!

:good: Great post !!

Whether he's injury prone or not...does it matter? Has a Herm Edwards QB ever completed a full 16 game season? People focus on Chad, but, he showed us last year that he can play an entire season. Mayhaps the blame was a tad misplaced? Granted his play left a lot to be desired at points throughout the season, but maybe he should get the benefit of the doubt in his second year under Mangini and Schott's system, with a 2nd year O-line, with a true RB, and not coming off a career threatening injury the prior year. Whatever happens, with the more difficult schedule coming up this year, if Chad isn't up to snuff, he will be gone within the first month. However if he DOES step his game up, why complain if that happens? Let's just wait and see a little bit, instead of stressing over this in the offseason. I still don't have any faith in Helen Clemens. Honestly, I'd rather Chad just turn into 2002 Chad and give us a Pro Bowl option, rather than having Chad fall flat on his face and force us to find out what Clemens has.

Croyle isn't going to break Hermy's little streak. Unless Hermy insists on killing LJ first, and LJ manages to hold on for an entire season, but I doubt it, since even with that plan Green got knocked loopy.

At the beginning, when Woody was a newbie and was pressured, yes, but Woody saw through Herm fairly quickly, within 2 years I believe it was. The media and the fans sided with hermy and attacked Woody, and Woody went about figuring out how to fix the mess he had more or less inherited. It took him a few years, but I do not think he was idle in that timespan. The regime change and how smoothly run the Jets are now is absolutely not a coincidence. This type of thing comes on down from the owner, if the owner is not on the same page the entire thing falls apart. Clearly he is however. I can only surmise that after the tension between Hermy and Woody became apparent, Woody forced himself to learn the NFL owner game as quickly as possible, and figure out what he needed to do to put a winning product out on the field. I am confident in the direction we are going, and think Woody is one of the better owners in the league right now. I can understand how he is a multi-billionaire. He knows how to deal with a problem, and it shows.

At the beginning, when Woody was a newbie and was pressured, yes, but Woody saw through Herm fairly quickly, within 2 years I believe it was. The media and the fans sided with hermy and attacked Woody, and Woody went about figuring out how to fix the mess he had more or less inherited. It took him a few years, but I do not think he was idle in that timespan. The regime change and how smoothly run the Jets are now is absolutely not a coincidence. This type of thing comes on down from the owner, if the owner is not on the same page the entire thing falls apart. Clearly he is however. I can only surmise that after the tension between Hermy and Woody became apparent, Woody forced himself to learn the NFL owner game as quickly as possible, and figure out what he needed to do to put a winning product out on the field. I am confident in the direction we are going, and think Woody is one of the better owners in the league right now. I can understand how he is a multi-billionaire. He knows how to deal with a problem, and it shows.

If Woody saw through Herm fairly quickly then why did he give him a 4-year extension after Herm's 3rd season here (a 6-10 season at that)?

Then after the '05 season he was so shrewd, he made it known that he was going to have Herm fired, undermining any chance we had of getting a day-one draft pick. Anyone who acts like that has no sense of business/negotiations/leverage.

Woody doesn't know how to do anything but inherit billions of dollars. He didn't become a multi-billionaire by working or being smart. He inherited all of it. If he was comatose since birth he'd have the same amount of money. Maybe even more, since he pissed away $70M in a failed NYC stadium bid.

I don't like or hate the guy. I have no feelings whatsoever. I neither curse him for not getting a NY stadium nor praise him for doing the joint one (other than it obviously makes more $ense to do a joint stadium). Don't see why the NYG's get to practice on-site & we don't, but that's pretty minor; it's a friggin' practice field. He's better than some & worse than others as an owner. But to suggest he is overly competent at anything other than being an heir to a massive fortune is really, really reaching.

Whether he's injury prone or not...does it matter? Has a Herm Edwards QB ever completed a full 16 game season? People focus on Chad, but, he showed us last year that he can play an entire season. Mayhaps the blame was a tad misplaced? Granted his play left a lot to be desired at points throughout the season, but maybe he should get the benefit of the doubt in his second year under Mangini and Schott's system, with a 2nd year O-line, with a true RB, and not coming off a career threatening injury the prior year. Whatever happens, with the more difficult schedule coming up this year, if Chad isn't up to snuff, he will be gone within the first month. However if he DOES step his game up, why complain if that happens? Let's just wait and see a little bit, instead of stressing over this in the offseason. I still don't have any faith in Helen Clemens. Honestly, I'd rather Chad just turn into 2002 Chad and give us a Pro Bowl option, rather than having Chad fall flat on his face and force us to find out what Clemens has.

Croyle isn't going to break Hermy's little streak. Unless Hermy insists on killing LJ first, and LJ manages to hold on for an entire season, but I doubt it, since even with that plan Green got knocked loopy.

So would I.....but that was long ago and Chad isnt the same QB he once was, injuries not the only part of that equation. Reality check.

I dont think its necessarily about having faith in Kellen Clemens as much as it is NOT having faith in chad pennington.

At least thats how I feel.

If Woody saw through Herm fairly quickly then why did he give him a 4-year extension after Herm's 3rd season here (a 6-10 season at that)?

Then after the '05 season he was so shrewd, he made it known that he was going to have Herm fired, undermining any chance we had of getting a day-one draft pick. Anyone who acts like that has no sense of business/negotiations/leverage.

Well, I thought the reason he did that was to stave off the media, and also to build some stability first. An owner that fires his coaches after short runs will have a hard time building stability and attracting good candidates plus good players. So he bit the bullet, looked for an adequate replacement first, and figured out how to run things. I thought it was fairly clear that reading between the lines Mangini pretty much had the job months in advance, and the other candidates were simply there to avoid a tampering charge.

As for the Herm thing, wasn't it Herm that basically leaked that he was leaving? I thought the media mostly conjectured that he would be fired, or there was a security leak when Woody was discussing it. Most likely that leak is gone now, it could have been Bradway, but even if it wasn't nothing else has been leaked at all.

You bring good points though, the truth is obviously I don't know for sure. My gut kinda tells me that the ship is pointed in the right direction now however, and I give Woody the benefit of the doubt of having at least something to do with it. I'm not necessarily saying he is the BEST owner or anything, or even a great one necessarily, just that right now I thought he was doing pretty well fulfilling a good owner's role. I know I didn't exactly say that previously, so if it looks like I am retracting a bit now I apologize.