Little Help on Private Visits

Stonehands

Does anyone know of any way to find out which players the Jets have set up private visits with other than to wait for it to be reported in the papers? As I understand it, each team gets 15 official private visits that are made public prior to the draft. Can anyone confirm this? Paging Bitonti....

the Jets are pretty tight on this info - when it does leak it comes from the player/agent side not the team side. the names i have heard were borderline UDFA types... guys who really won't get exposure from Senior Bowl/Combine types of events.

If i were you i'd stop worrying about it, as these teams usually don't belie their true intention with the pre-draft workouts. Teams sometimes exchange info between conferences to hide their targets- so that's another factor.

I looked at notes from drafts previous and trust me, looking at these visits in hindsight, very few of the players brought in actually ended up with those teams. in one example Jay Cutler was not only never brought in for a private workout but his agent never was even contacted by Denver prior to his selection.

Archived