To Chad Or Not To Chad

Maxman

....or they passed on 3 franchise Qbs for Kellen Clemens......

That last comment makes no sense at all. Tuisasopopo will be the #3 QB, Kellen will be the #2.

Put your money where your mouth is. I dont want to make it too much money, maybe just a friendly $10 bet.....

I'd like to bet you that Chad is ousted as the starter during or before the 2008 season at some point, as long as Kellen remains healthy. And I see no reason as why Kellen shouldnt stay healthy as he will be on the bench. Deal?

Your missing the point... Mangini and Co are making moves to win NOW... you DO NOT trade up in the draft in rebuilding mode... they are trying to WIN NOW... and they are trying to do it with Chad as their QB and Kellen learning from him...

If they didnt think Chad was a winning QB, they would have gotten a real Veteran QB (not tui) to compete for the job...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a good idea for a bet actually. We got vcash, we should do it something, maybe set different times though. What do you think of Chad lasting out the year?

Not a single friggen chance in hell Chad is still here in 2009. NONE.

I feel Kellen will definitetly take over at some point in the 08' season, if not late in the 2007 season should we fall out of contention midway thru the season, which is not likely. We'll probably be eliminated from the playoffs sometime around week 15 I think, as 7 losses wont get us in, but who knows if Mangini will throw in Clemens for 2 games or not.

Kellen will take over during or before the 2008 season. As long as he doesnt get seriously injured sitting on the bench.

Not a single friggen chance in hell Chad is still here in 2009. NONE.

I feel Kellen will definitetly take over at some point in the 08' season, if not late in the 2007 season should we fall out of contention midway thru the season, which is not likely. We'll probably be eliminated from the playoffs sometime around week 15 I think, as 7 losses wont get us in, but who knows if Mangini will throw in Clemens for 2 games or not.

Kellen will take over during or before the 2008 season. As long as he doesnt get seriously injured sitting on the bench.

or he wont be the answer and they will need to draft or bring in another QB, or Chad will re-structure his contract again...

you just never know...

Your missing the point... Mangini and Co are making moves to win NOW... you DO NOT trade up in the draft in rebuilding mode... they are trying to WIN NOW... and they are trying to do it with Chad as their QB and Kellen learning from him...

If they didnt think Chad was a winning QB, they would have gotten a real Veteran QB (not tui) to compete for the job...

You think the Jets are trying to win now? :lol: With what exactly?

If they were trying to win now, why werent they more active in free agency like the patriots were?

The Jets clearly have a long term plan and are not a in win now mode. In fact, I think the moves they made (or didnt make) in free agency are very telling. And the moves in the draft were to solidify some cornerstones on defense for the long term, not in a silly win now mode which gets you absolutlely nowhere in the NFL.

How the f##k can you sit there and tell me what Mangini is thinking? I dunno, I shouldnt be surprised anymore by you ecurb. You also said Mangini was in a "win now mode" in 2006, when nearly everyone with half a brain knows the Jets were/and still are in rebuilding mode.

BTW, the Jets traded up for Kellen Clemens. Thats pretty significant.

or he wont be the answer and they will need to draft or bring in another QB, or Chad will re-structure his contract again...

you just never know...

Even if Kellen is not the answer, and I am not saying he is, he will get his chance to start.

His high pick selection guarantees that.

You think the Jets are trying to win now? :lol: With what exactly?

If they were trying to win now, why werent they more active in free agency like the patriots were?

The Jets clearly have a long term plan and are not a in win now mode. In fact, I think the moves they made (or didnt make) in free agency are very telling. And the moves in the draft were to solidify some cornerstones on defense for the long term, not in a silly win now mode which gets you absolutlely nowhere in the NFL.

How the f##k can you sit there and tell me what Mangini is thinking? I dunno, I shouldnt be surprised anymore by you ecurb. You also said Mangini was in a "win now mode" in 2006, when nearly everyone with half a brain knows the Jets were/and still are in rebuilding mode.

BTW, the Jets traded up for Kellen Clemens. Thats pretty significant.

They were in WIN NOW mode in 06'... thats why they won... otherwise they would have started Kellen to get his feet wet... cut Barton for a young LB... Cut Drob for a true NT, cut Kimo for a real End...

The NEW JETS are trying to win it all always... I like that about them...

Even if Kellen is not the answer, and I am not saying he is, he will get his chance to start.

His high pick selection guarantees that.

All 2nd round QBs become starters at some point in their career?

They were in WIN NOW mode in 06'... thats why they won... otherwise they would have started Kellen to get his feet wet... cut Barton for a young LB... Cut Drob for a true NT, cut Kimo for a real End...

The NEW JETS are trying to win it all always... I like that about them...

No comment. No comment at all.

All 2nd round QBs become starters at some point in their career?

Take a look at all the 2nd rd QBs taken in the last 20 years. I am sure that all of them, at one time, got their chance to start unless they were seriously injured. So the answer to your question is, yes.

He will get his chance to start. That is a guar-an-tee. It doesnt mean he'll get a 5 year leash, but he'll get his chance.

2nd round QB's in the last 20 years...

It doesnt exactly say much for the depth and quality of 2nd round QB talent...

I dont really feel like researching how many games these guys started,... but the fact is most of them turned out to be crap... there just isnt good Qb talent in the 2nd round...

Not to mention our scrub QB Tui was drafted in round 2 not long ago...

Billy Joe Tolliver Chargers

Mike Elkins Chiefs

Browning Nagle Jets

Brett Favre Falcons

Tony Sacca Cardinals

Matt Blundin Chiefs

Kordell Stewart Steelers

Todd Collins Bills

Tony Banks Rams

Jake Plummer Cardinals

Charlie Batch Lions

Shaun King Buccaneers

Marques Tuiasosopo Raiders

Quincy Carter Cowboys

Drew Brees Chargers

Tarvaris Jackson Vikings

Kellen Clemens Jets

Drew Stanton Lions

John Beck Dolphins

Kevin Kolb Eagles

Chad started in 2006 to give us the best chance to win as many possible games as we could. This was important to get the players to buy into Mangini's system.

However, a "win now mode" means you are going all out to win a superbowl, likely with a veteran team, a HC on his last leg, etc etc (see 2007 pats) Not just win as many possible games in your 1st year coaching.

Every 1st year Head Coach trys to win as many games as possible. But you'd have to be a complete sh#thead to think every rookie head coach thought he was in a win now mode and was going after the superbowl. Sure there are certain cases, like say the Chargers after firing Schott and putting in Norv Turner. But thats a rare case as the Chargers were a superbowl contender the day they fired Marty Schott and put in Norv Turner.

But the Jets were coming off a 4-12 season and in no way, shape or form were shooting for the superbowl the following season. Thats just a homer thought that is completely far-fetched.

If the Jets were in a win now mode, they would have been far more active in free agency the past 2 years.

2nd round QB's in the last 20 years...

It doesnt exactly say much for the depth and quality of 2nd round QB talent...

I dont really feel like researching how many games these guys started,... but the fact is most of them turned out to be crap... there just isnt good Qb talent in the 2nd round...

Brett Favre and Drew Brees sure turned out to be busts. You also failed to list Randall Cunningham and Boomer Esiason.

Brett Favre and Drew Brees sure turned out to be busts. You also failed to list Randall Cunningham and Boomer Esiason.

I only went back 20 years like I said... so no its not really funny... just exactly what I said it was...

So in the last 20 years the 2nd round has produced ONE superbowl winning QB... and one QB who had a great year last year but is still short and has a hurt shoulder...

The 2nd round is FFFARRRR from a sure thing... much farther than the 1st round...

I only went back 20 years like I said... so no its not really funny... just exactly what I said it was...

So in the last 20 years the 2nd round has produced ONE superbowl winning QB... and one QB who had a great year last year but is still short and has a hurt shoulder...

The 2nd round is FFFARRRR from a sure thing... much farther than the 1st round...

The trail has been blazed, young grass hopper. It can be done.

BTW, it doesnt matter where a QB is drafted. It guarantees nothing. The majority of 1st rd QBs bust the pan out, too.

But being taken in the top 50 certainly gets your foot in the door and guarantees you a chance. Thats really all that matters.

now you know I had to chime in here. Chad is a joke of a QB.

-he can't complete the 5 yd out pattern

-he can't win the big game because he always chokes when it matters

-he can't beat teams that are over .500 on a consistent basis. Maybe 1 in 10 tries.

-he is so injury prone

-and oh, did I tell you he throws like a girl. In fact, he kinda looks like a girl too.

Chad's a joke.

-he can't beat teams that are over .500 on a consistent basis. Maybe 1 in 10 tries.

-he is so injury prone

-and oh, did I tell you he throws like a girl. In fact, he kinda looks like a girl too.

Chad's a joke.

POTW NOM ,We agree DW,we agree

-he is so injury prone

Chad's a joke.

so by your own post, the dolphins really suck, because he manages to beat the dol's quite often.

:fighting0002:

semper Fi

-he is so injury prone

Chad's a joke.

F*ck the whole out pattern arguement... its not needed to win... merely a luxury... I would rather have a smart accurate QB who can make most other throws than a bonehead witha strong arm.

He doesnt always choke... not sure where you got that idea... did you already forget last christmas??? MNF in a must win game... Im pretty sure that TD throw to Cotch was far from choking... Im pretty sure when he scrambled around to buy extra time and then found Leon... that was far from choking... he was throwing up on the sidelines sick... and STILL beat your teams ass.

Just a quick question... how is it do you think that these over .500 teams get over .500???? They win you moron.... of course most losses are going to come against GOOD teams... thats how the system works... The Jets lost to the Colts/Bears/Pats last season... they also beat the Pats once and were very close to beating the Colts... the Bears were a superbowl team... wtf do you expect??? At least Chad beats teams unlike... ____ insert phins QB here...

His last injury is almost 2 years ago now... move along... he took some big shots in 06' and got right back up and beat the phins twice.

The sad thing is... you can make fun of him all day... but he is 10 times better than any QB on your roster right now.

F*ck the whole out pattern arguement... its not needed to win... merely a luxury... I would rather have a smart accurate QB who can make most other throws than a bonehead witha strong arm.

He doesnt always choke... not sure where you got that idea... did you already forget last christmas??? MNF in a must win game... Im pretty sure that TD throw to Cotch was far from choking... Im pretty sure when he scrambled around to buy extra time and then found Leon... that was far from choking... he was throwing up on the sidelines sick... and STILL beat your teams ass.

Just a quick question... how is it do you think that these over .500 teams get over .500???? They win you moron.... of course most losses are going to come against GOOD teams... thats how the system works... The Jets lost to the Colts/Bears/Pats last season... they also beat the Pats once and were very close to beating the Colts... the Bears were a superbowl team... wtf do you expect??? At least Chad beats teams unlike... ____ insert phins QB here...

His last injury is almost 2 years ago now... move along... he took some big shots in 06' and got right back up and beat the phins twice.

The sad thing is... you can make fun of him all day... but he is 10 times better than any QB on your roster right now.

dude, you're crazy. I'll attach a link next time I post for the Betty Ford Clinic.

Throwing an out pattern is a luxury??? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. A luxury?? yeah, tell that to Asanti Samuel as he took back Pennyboy's attempt at an out for a TD to ice the game. A luxury??? It's part of the game.

As for Chad puking ont he sidelines, SO WHAT?? He's an athlete not a pansy. So he threw up,...WOW! Anyway, Chad didn't beat us. Leon Washington beat us. That little bastid juked everyone out. Also, The Dolphins play calling and Mare's shank is what won the game for you. NOT Chad noodle.

And as for you losing ot the Bears and the Pats, ummmmmm, we kicked the shiot out of the evil Pats. Heck, we shut them out! We also kicked the living shiot out of Da Bears.

But Chad is pretty smart. I'll give him that.

F*ck the whole out pattern arguement... its not needed to win... merely a luxury....

If you really believe that then you dont know anything about football. Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I dont think you really believe what you said, but if you did......:ahhh:

• 1 month later...

Are you serious?????

Thomas Jones!!!

One of the best aquistitions in all of free agency this season.Hes also a veteran, surely if the Jets were building for the future they would have drafted a young RB. The Jets are clearly a team trying to win now. Everyone called them a "rebuilding" team heading into 2006/2007 season and the Jets rebuilt themselves all the way to the playoffs.

There are so many flaws in all of you "Chad Hating" posts Barton it is unbelievable.

Archived