ARod booed already.

GimmeShelter

Hey Thor -- I deleted that exchange by Mason and Kloogy. No need for any of that here.

Thor, it is fun being on the wrong side of this isn't it? haha.

All I did was post an I'm with stupid sign. :)

But I don't really care, it's MO TIME!! And there's classic Mo, getting the guy to swing at a ball at his eyes.

Yep....YES also has a new Interview girl.......did a pretty good job on both the pre and post game.

It wasn't Nancy Newman? She's been doing a lot lately. Haven't seen Kim Jones at all.

It'll be interesting to see what YES uses for game teams this year, with Kaat retired and Murcer laid up.

I hope to hell this doesn't mean more David Justice.

Yeah and those pre and post game spots too. She's a complete dullard.

Yeah, she's one of those people who doesn't think Mike's interpretation of obscure stats proves he's smarter than Cashman.

Silly girl.

Yeah, she's one of those people who doesn't think Mike's interpretation of obscure stats proves he's smarter than Cashman.

Silly girl.

Yeah because if you're not the GM you have no right to have an opinion about anything. Great argument.

Silly girl.

Bob...replace "Cashman" with "everybody affiliated in any way shape or form with professional sports" and you're dead on.

Talk about having a pathetic fan base, how can you possibly boo A-Rod? He's one of the greatest players ever! Seriously, that is sad.

A-Rod earned some boos last year. Starting up in the first game of this year is childish, though.

Talk about having a pathetic fan base, how can you possibly boo A-Rod? He's one of the greatest players ever! Seriously, that is sad.

I don't know I seem to remember a certain Mets CF getting booed opening day last year.

It is the nature of the beast in NY. You perform you get curtain calls. You don't you get booed out of town.

I don't know I seem to remember a certain Mets CF getting booed opening day last year.

It is the nature of the beast in NY. You perform you get curtain calls. You don't you get booed out of town.

Don't confuse Carlos Beltran with a two-time MVP and perennial All-Star. The Mets overpaid for him and he did not have a good season his first year in NY. There was not much of a drop-off in A-Rod's stats from his last year in Texas to his first in NY. But, Beltran showed signs of the failed Roberto Alomar experiment in his first year in NY.

I think yankee fans are expecting him to win a World Series on his own, which is a bit much to ask of one guy. Why don't they boo Giambi? Not only has he not won a WS in NY, but he is an admitted cheater? I think a lot of the booing relates to his perceived fall out with jeter. And since almost every yankee fan worships the ground that "the captain" walks on, they boo A-Rod in retaliation. Can you imagine if they put him at short????

No, it relates to his complete offensive and defensive breakdown, last year.

Yep,if he played defense and just had SOME PRODUCTIVE OUTS he would not be booed.I personally booed him last July at Yankee stadium when he had 3 errors against the Mariners..and all the Yanks needed from him was a fly ball with less than 2 outs and he struck out.he deserved to be booed.

.290 35HR -121 RBI's -15 SB's. .302 WRISP -- .313 RISP 2out.

I know ARod had some bad moments but a complete offensive breakdown?

I think fanbases just need a goat .......some more than others.

One post season will absolve all perceived sins.

Ding, Ding, Ding that's the winner.

Very simple yet so very hard. That is what it basicallly comes down to.

The fans are on him because the last two post seasons have been complete washouts. His failures at the plate have affected his defense at 3rd base.

The problem with A-Rod is that it is all upstairs (Points to his head).

No one doubts his talent. When all is said and done he will probably go down as a top 10 player all time. The problem is though is that when things start to go wrong he lets it bother him, and it builds and it builds and it builds to a point that he doesn't know which side is up.

That is the difference between A-Rod and Jeter.

Jeter's confidence never wavers. Even when he is in a slump or things are not going well it never changes.

A-Rod confidence goes from at-bat to at-bat. If he is going well there is no one better in the game. If it is not he becomes a very mediocre player because he starts getting down on himself and starts thinking too much.

Archived