Keith Richards admits to Snorting Father's Ashes

Mavrik

Keith Richards: 'I Snorted My Father'

Apr 3 03:14 PM US/Eastern

LONDON (AP) - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8O9AFO01&show_article=1

Wow. Makes me think of that Robin Williams Joke: "the only thing surviving a nuclear war will be Keith Richards and ****roaches, and Keith Richards will look over the ****roaches going "You know I smoked your uncle?"

I read ''up and down with the rolling stones'' in 1981!

Keith Richards was a heroine addict at age 18.

I have no idea how he's still alive,he also smokes like a chimney.

Is there anybody more badass than Keith Richards?

And btw oktaren, the Stones f*cking rule.

I read ''up and down with the rolling stones'' in 1981!

Keith Richards was a heroine addict at age 18.

I have no idea how he's still alive,he also smokes like a chimney.

heroine=a female hero

heroin=a drug...don't ask BP, don't ask

Is there anybody more badass than Keith Richards?

And btw oktaren, the Stones f*cking rule.

eh, i really don't care for them at all, and i like alot of music from that "era"

i would pay a million dollars to trade john lennon for any member of that crap band.

eh, i really don't care for them at all, and i like alot of music from that "era"

i would pay a million dollars to trade john lennon for any member of that crap band.

Stones >> Beatles

It's true. C'mon Jagger and Richards totally own Lennon and McCartney.

Stones >> Beatles

It's true. C'mon Jagger and Richards totally own Lennon and McCartney.

sorry, don't agree. in all honesty i can't think of many rock artists i hate more than the stones...maybe metallica or something. i can't honestly say i even think they were talented.

sorry, don't agree. in all honesty i can't think of many rock artists i hate more than the stones...maybe metallica or something. i can't honestly say i even think they were talented.

Well I think you have a severely misguided soul. :box:

Have you listened to the early stones? Songs like can i get a witness, walking the dog, or stupid girl.. stuff off englands newest hit makers?

Brian Jones is the man!

brianjonesfo7.jpg

He and Hendrix were supposed to do BIG things

brian57mc1.jpg

fixed the last picture

Have you listened to the early stones? Songs like can i get a witness, walking the dog, or stupid girl.. stuff off englands newest hit makers?

Brian Jones is the man!

brianjonesfo7.jpg

He and Hendrix were supposed to do BIG things

brian57tv0.jpg

Brian was the MAN...they never wrote songs as good as the ones they wrote with him...I mean he was playing the friggin xylophone on Under My Thumb

Brian was the MAN...they never wrote songs as good as the ones they wrote with him...I mean he was playing the friggin xylophone on Under My Thumb

He also started the band,which he still doesn't get credit for.

Did you guys see Stoned? It's a UK film you can probably get it online, not sure about in stores, though.

stoned1un2.jpg

it was on the other night drums-very weird..in fact the guy made a deathbed confession that he actually DID drown Brian Jones

I've said it before and it always ends in uproar, but the Beetles are just another band. They were good in their own way, but the Earth didn't stop revolving when they broke up. All I know is it's 2007 and the stones are still rocking. 1/2 the beetles are literally rotting.

I've said it before and it always ends in uproar, but the Beetles are just another band. They were good in their own way, but the Earth didn't stop revolving when they broke up. All I know is it's 2007 and the stones are still rocking. 1/2 the beetles are literally rotting.

Guns who are the 3 guys you're killing in your sig? I read somewhere that Tabor is the one you eat and we all know who Spermy is

Brian Jones is the man!

Brian Jones knocked up five different women, one was a teenager. Abandoned every single one of them.

He was a POS.

Besides that, he contributed nothing to the Stones.

I met Keith and his Dad at a fight. I think it was that Lennox Lewis-Holyfield debacle. Cool old dude. Probably drank as much as his son. Imagine a giggling bow-legged leprechaun.

a musician friend told me about meeting Keith and Ronnie Wood backstage and they way he described it was by holding his nose-he said they stank

Brian Jones knocked up five different women, one was a teenager. Abandoned every single one of them.

He was a POS.

Besides that, he contributed nothing to the Stones.

I disagree with you JM-he was a musical genius- a VERY creative cat.He played a LOT of different instruments and added way more than any other guy they tried to replace him with-although I gotta admit Get Your Ya Yas out was one of the best live albums ever in the history of r n r

I disagree with you JM-he was a musical genius- a VERY creative cat.He played a LOT of different instruments and added way more than any other guy they tried to replace him with-although I gotta admit Get Your Ya Yas out was one of the best live albums ever in the history of r n r

Brian Jones was only relevant when the Stones were a cover band. Once Jagger/Richards started writing tunes, Jones' days were numbered.

Seriously, how f'd up do you have to be on drugs to get kicked out of the Stones? The guy was a waste.

Everybody knows the Stones didn't peak until they unloaded Jones and brought in Mick Taylor. Even creative efforts during the Jones era, like Aftermath and Beggars Banquet, Jones contributed nothing. He sat in his chair in the studio and stared out into space. They had to put a drool cup under his chin.

Brian Jones was only relevant when the Stones were a cover band. Once Jagger/Richards started writing tunes, Jones' days were numbered.

Seriously, how f'd up do you have to be on drugs to get kicked out of the Stones? The guy was a waste.

Everybody knows the Stones didn't peak until they unloaded Jones and brought in Mick Taylor. Even creative efforts during the Jones era, like Aftermath and Beggars Banquet, Jones contributed nothing. He sat in his chair in the studio and stared out into space. They had to put a drool cup under his chin.

you ever see that movie Symathy For The Devil of them in the studio? As whacked out as he was he was still a creative force....but whacked out he most certainly was...

it was on the other night drums-very weird..in fact the guy made a deathbed confession that he actually DID drown Brian Jones

How crazy is that? The guy that drowned him and his people supposedly stole a ton of guitars and other instruments. They also stole some hendrix recordings. Not only hendrix but there were probably stones recordings and plenty of other music that was taken that day. that manager (with the glasses) was a piece of **** too.

Archived